Autopsy AFL 2024 First Semi Final - GWS V Lions Sat Sept 14th 7:30pm EST (Engie) Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 41 35.7%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Momentum swings in games have been off the charts the last year or two. Amazing what the start of a run-on is doing for the psyche of both sides. That’s a make or break fortnight for the Giants, how they come back in 2025 will be very intriguing
I think this is a result of the burst, anaerobic nature of the modern game. If you get the rotation mismatch (player quality and level of fatigue) in your favour for 5 or 7 minutes you can really dominate

I think this is a result of the burst, anaerobic nature of the modern game. If you get the rotation mismatch (player quality and level of fatigue) in your favour for 5 or 7 minutes you can really dominate
And the 6-6-6 rule .
Without doubt of all the rule changes the AFL have brought in to try and increase scoring this ones definitely had the biggest impact .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lions are a more talented and better team than Geelong. No idea why so many on here are saying the cats will cruise through.

The cats have a significant advantage in terms of coaching, but I’d be all in on a lions PF win.
Agreed. I reckon the Lions just about outclass them on every line if both teams are at their best.

But you obviously can never count the Cats out, and as you mentioned, Chris Scott is an excellent coach.

Yeah the flags he has won for you guys off his own boot is sensational! 🤣🤣👠
Bloody hell, you're taking this worse than Giants fans.

Best full back in the league. Best full forward in the league. An aging midfield and some prime age ball movers leaving the club. The Giants have unfortunately blown this season and I’m not sure they can come back to win a flag next year
huh? no one has announced they are leaving. all their key players are signed / committed.

Anyone who thinks they will drop off next year is either blind or holds a grudge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 First Semi Final - GWS V Lions Sat Sept 14th 7:30pm EST (Engie) Teams in OP

Back