Autopsy AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Swans v Port Fri Sept 20th 7:40pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 68 38.6%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 43 24.4%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Guess Kenny couldn't find anything to play for this week

Or did his comments last week cost him the game this week?? That's how it works isn't it?

Port, please keep him in a job so the rest of the league doesn't lose a wink of sleep about your form or position on the ladder.

Sam Reid fit? Know he did a hammy, but that was back in July.
McDonald could be in some doubt.

Ladhams is the other option.
Reid retired 2 months ago - would tweak a calf stretching in bed. His 2022 GF selection was a mistake. Does not go well for Mills getting picked this week

Self own of the week, which is no small thing on BF.

You posted this in a finals thread about two teams who weren't involved in the final your team lost to the Hawks.

So much salt in you, that you STILL couldn't help but post about Hawthorn :tearsofjoy:
The thing is you were expected to win. Your supporters went over there expecting a 10 goal victory and you absolutely blew it.

Makes me so happy thinking about all those Hawks supporters losing and having to make the 10 hour drive back from Adelaide to Melbourne thinking what could have been 😂

How? Top sides don’t get top draft picks.

That’s kneecapped enough
They do via the academies and father/son and the bid and matching.

Will Ashcroft for instance. North tried picking him with pick 2. Brisbane matched it.

Pick 2 went to went to 6th instead of 18th where it's needed.

Reid retired 2 months ago - would tweak a calf stretching in bed. His 2022 GF selection was a mistake. Does not go well for Mills getting picked this week
Surely the Swans would have learned from it. It would have haunted Horse over the last few years.

Still have visions of Horse screaming at Reid in the GF 2022 - "You told me you were ok....."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allow to trade players without their consent. It’s the only way.

Geelong getting bad draft picks this year? No worries, they’ll get Bailey Smith who will take a pay cut to get there. Just like every other year (or they could take another salary dump?)

The landscape has changed. The draft doesn’t work because good players leave to the top teams. Salary cap doesn’t work because there’s more money outside of footy life so clubs are better of financially long term to play and win for Geelong, then earn an extra $100k for North.

Then what do you do mate? There is only so much restraint-of-trade that you can impose on what is an industry first and a game second.

You can’t MAKE players want to play for the reasons YOU want them to play for. Once upon a time players firstly wanted to bleed for the colours on a jersey but that’s becoming less and less the case. Zones went out so with them local affiliation from the bulk of squads. Players want to go where success is first, and if a big paycheck comes with it, all the better. A bit of extra money and no success is a lesser option.
Third party deals are available to every club so I don’t see what relevance that has.

The draft is the same as it has always been - the answer there is simple: get better at using it. Notice how the teams that finally nailed it - Richmond and Melbourne - dragged themselves up from decades of mockery and actually became, to varying degrees, powerful?

It’s not the solution for EVERY club but it is A solution. It was where we started initially when we built towards 2007. It’s not how we’ve stayed up but it is how we got there.

When clubs draft and recruit poorly it’s very easy to say the current system doesn’t work. Well do it better.

There was one really good side in the top four this year, and three pretty good ones. You can’t tell me that wasn’t a golden opportunity for any one of 10-12 other teams to put their flag in the sand and surge up the ladder and announce themselves. It’s not like there’s this group of power teams at the top that won’t let anyone in.

I really hope the umpires are told to calm the **** down next week. That was one of the most over officiated matches I've ever seen. Couldn't go more than 30 seconds without a whistle
I wasn't surprised about that.

Also Matt Stevic was one of the 3 or 4 main field umpires last night. Make that what you will.

Ever thought of doing stand up comedy?

It’s funny because he replaced the syllable ‘bull’ in the first half of the word ‘bulldog’ (the mascot and nickname of your team) with the word ‘throw’, in a humorous jape at the narrative that the Bulldogs got away with throwing the ball at times rather than handballing it during their run to the premiership against his side in 2016.

It’s really quite clever when you think about it

The thing is you were expected to win. Your supporters went over there expecting a 10 goal victory and you absolutely blew it.
Makes me so happy thinking about all those Hawks supporters losing and having to make the 10 hour drive back from Adelaide to Melbourne thinking what could have been 😂

Another salty post in a thread about Port and Sydney?

We weren't even expected to make finals.

Port wasn't expected to beat Sydney.

Your team was expected to roll over Hawthorn though.

One of the most boring prelims I can remember. If it wasn't so funny I would've nodded off during the third quarter. Regardless of Daddy donuts, imagine going through the whole year, finishing 2nd and then dishing up that shit in the most important game of the year.
Bodes well for an absolute ripper of a GF through, because so often it's the prelims that dish up the manic intensity nailbiters.

Nobody who plays the highest level of full contact sport with banged-up ribs is a "squib"
How long has he had "banged-up" ribs for?
His finals record is pathetic. Keep this up and the Leon Davis medal is gonna have a new name.

Risotto is a poor man's paella.

Seriously, the Spaniards must just sit back and laugh their heads off watching the Italians stand their stirring their rice for 30 minutes straight whilst it turns into a mushy goop.
The Sopranos Television GIF

Yep, similar to all the Bulldogs fans the week before.

It all went as expected, Port played their GF last week and were out of this game by half time. Come the Grand Final the Swans won't have traveled for 5 weeks...their routine has been thrown out of balance somewhat? They've been the best team in it all year, but they will still need it all to go perfectly right no matter who they play. Geelong or Brisbane will be a lot tougher.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Swans v Port Fri Sept 20th 7:40pm EST (SCG)

Back