Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 14 - North v Pies Sun June 16th 1pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 26 52.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Man you Carlton supporters are such blind sooks, Pies deserved the win today because of Clarksons completely psychotic coaching decision(s)

Can’t you take your jumper off and view the game objectively? Why does the club you support deem you incapable of judging this one fairly? Of course it’d be grouse if the Pies lost by 100 points to North but jeez you make it embarrassing to support Carlton with the carry on in this thread.

Great effort Pies - was a horrible day all up.
Well done North,

Carlton supporters - 🤣 you know what I’m thinking - hope your dinner tastes like it

Also that soft 50 to Daicos and goalfor Powell trying to hand the ball back gave him no time at all.

Clear touched goal ticked off for the Pies

Yet two Pies can charge an uncontested mark and play on.

We move on but that is some demoralising stuff from the umps.

What the umpires giveth one week, they taketh away the next. You guys got lucky last week and unlucky in the second half today.

When Sheezel caught Jiath holding the ball and the umpire called holding the ball and play on to Collingwood, it really provided a screenshot of whee the minds of the umps where. A mindset that ultimately decided the game.

Just saw the obvious 50 that wasn’t paid.

Credit to Collingwood for having the balls to run this egregious time wasting strategy late in games every week and always get away with it. If you’re doing it and they’re not pulling you up on it…umm keep doing it!

This game kind of reminds me of our comeback game against North in 01. Even though it was a great comeback in hindsight it signalled the end of our dominance. Wouldn't surprise me if Collingwood look back on this match in a similar way.

We came back from 5 goals down at 3/4 time against North in 2022 to win by 7, then went on to finish top 4 by beating the Blues in the last round, lost a prelim by 1 point, then won the premiership the year after. How dare you infer commonality between a 3rd tier team and the people's champions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Sheezel caught Jiath holding the ball and the umpire called holding the ball and play on to Collingwood, it really provided a screenshot of whee the minds of the umps where. A mindset that ultimately decided the game.

This sounds a lot like conspiracy theorist nutter nonsense.

Huge wrap to North Melbourne. They were excellent for a long time. Sure they got some poor calls, but I think overall the game was and is littered with them every single week.

Well done Collingwood too. 54 points down is some comeback.

This game kind of reminds me of our comeback game against North in 01. Even though it was a great comeback in hindsight it signalled the end of our dominance. Wouldn't surprise me if Collingwood look back on this match in a similar way.
I thought the same watching it.

It was also similar to a game we played against Adelaide at Marvel in 2011 where we came back from 50 odd points down. All 3 games with sides that won the flag the previous year, not quite as hungry and turning the tap on when they need it. Can't do that in September.

Man you Carlton supporters are such blind sooks, Pies deserved the win today because of Clarksons completely psychotic coaching decision(s)

Can’t you take your jumper off and view the game objectively? Why does the club you support deem you incapable of judging this one fairly? Of course it’d be grouse if the Pies lost by 100 points to North but jeez you make it embarrassing to support Carlton with the carry on in this thread.
Could've been WC and North for all I care. I'd be saying the same thing after that 2nd half. Or even if the roles were reversed.
I'd enjoy it a little more if roles were reversed, but I'd still be calling it out.

Pies earned their close wins in the last couple of years- were tough and skilful and valiant when it mattered. And credit to them for getting back into the game today but north should certainly have been having a shot on goal at the end there today. Our game has lots of rules that are open to interpretation, but that one isn’t-it’s just a clear 50. The footy gods can be pretty cruel.
Anyway good on north- hopefully they continue to back themselves and are defs a chance to knock off the dees next week. Comon north.

Disappointing our incredible comeback has been overshadowed by the umpires. Definitely should have been 50 against us in the end.

Win some, you lose some with the umpires. Like boxing, you shouldnt leave it up to the officials. North blowing a 50+ lead and squandering chances towards the end through Zurhaar’s poor decision, Tucker’s abysmal effort and Fisher’s snap should probably be raised by North fans just as furiously as the umpires.

Back