Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 14 - North v Pies Sun June 16th 1pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 26 52.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a clear 50.

Only the umpire knows why he didn't pay it.
I’m sorry but it’s really straightforward why he didn’t, he gave the Pies players the benefit of the doubt that it had traveled the required distance and he didn’t want to be the reason for a controversial finish with Kane Cornes zooming in on his head on Footy Classified saying “we can’t have decisions from these skinny little green runts robbing us of close finishes”

It is 50 everyday though but North have nobody to blame but themselves for being behind

A lot of solace for north fans- Collingwood have negative youth coming in and are in real strife in a couple years.

North revenge tour is going to slap a lot of teams in the face and I get the feeling a man like Wardlaw is going to remember this one with a lot of venom.
People have been bagging our list for years. And while we’ve been contending and winning flags you guys have been bottom dwellers and embarrassing your great clubs history.

I knew the Carlton posters would be in here carrying on and I wasn't disappointed. Rent free.
Everyone's in here carrying on, including Pies supporters who know they got kissed on the proverbial but acting like sore winners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing is the Pies never think they are out of a game, and other teams believe it too, you could see it when it was 30 odd points, North started to panic then.

Collingwood won't even make top 4 if they continue to play like that. Any other side would've put them away by 5+ goals.
Could say the same thing about the Blues after Adelaide beat them, couldn’t we?

Agree though, lucky to get away with a win. Most other teams (top or otherwise), wouldn’t have had the grit to come back from 54 points down in the 3rd quarter.

And oh, from the supposed “neutrals” bleating about umpiring near the end, North had their share of umpire assisted goals, particularly in the first half. Didn’t hear the so called neutrals say Jack Shit about that though.

Agree though, lucky to get away with a win. Most other teams (top or otherwise), wouldn’t have had the grit to come back from 54 points down in the 3rd quarter.

And oh, from the supposed “neutrals” bleating about umpiring near the end, North had their share of umpire assisted goals, particularly in the first half. Didn’t hear the so called neutrals say Jack Shit about that though.

Yeah but we all want the underdog to win, same as if it were Carlton North, Pies fans would be doing similar, we all are guilty of it.

End of the day you just have to win.

This game kind of reminds me of our comeback game against North in 01. Even though it was a great comeback in hindsight it signalled the end of our dominance. Wouldn't surprise me if Collingwood look back on this match in a similar way.

Adelaide are a lot better than North, though. And they never got out to a 9 goal lead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 14 - North v Pies Sun June 16th 1pm AEST (Marvel)

Back