Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 19 - Cats v Dogs Sat July 20th 7:30pm AEST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Miers and Cameron absolutely destroyed you, from memory.

And Bowes had 20 something disposals, 2 goals and a goal assist from midfield.

Yeah Bont had 35&1, Treloar 37&1 and Libba 35&1 and we still lost. I can't see a better output from those guys and we rely on our mids to win too much as it is.

Chris Scott just owns Beveridge.

Your main issue will be the Cameron match up.

It's fine if he's playing as he was in the middle of the season, but if he turns it on, Dogs don't have a great match up.

Yes, logic says you win Scott always beats Bevo with tactics and the cats always beat the dogs except for the last game last season where we were gifted the game with selection. If I was Bevo I would go with 2 tall forwards Jamarra and Darcy. Leaving Naughton a good match up for Cameron.

I am hanging my hat on nothing is logical with the dogs this season, so often when we are expected to win we lose and when we expected to lose we win.

I see the DrDisrespect is gone lol.
Actually he is a bit of an outlier.

Most of us Geelong supporters fall into the trap of tipping Bulldogs in our games against your lot, as on paper we look outmatched.

This week looks like a serious threat, and really previous results should have no baring. I'd be delighted to escape with a win from this one, as that Port/GWS double header loss at home is still fresh in my mind. Teams that play well can easily take the points in Geelong these days.

Everytime I look at the dogs squad on paper I struggle to find enough match ups for us to win the game, then I watch the game and nothing I thought beforehand makes any sense.

I'm tipping we win because we generally seem to against the dogs, but, that makes sense and therefore will naturally be wrong.

Nice bait
Not sure I follow?

Was displaying genuine dismay over how I'd feel if we lost this.

We are at home, against a lower ranked Melbourne club - where our record is impeccable.

We are heavy bookie favourites, and have the better coach (given lots of dishlicker fans are wavering on Bevo) and have the better team.

Surely a feeling of strong disappointment closing in on angered frustration if we were to lose would be acceptable. We should be winning this.

Not sure I follow?

Was displaying genuine dismay over how I'd feel if we lost this.

We are at home, against a lower ranked Melbourne club - where our record is impeccable.

We are heavy bookie favourites, and have the better coach (given lots of dishlicker fans are wavering on Bevo) and have the better team.

Surely a feeling of strong disappointment closing in on angered frustration if we were to lose would be acceptable. We should be winning this.

Nice bait because you mention Cats have the better team. I think it’d be generous to the Cats to say the teams are evenly matched. It is in Geelong so that’s why Cats are favourites.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it’d be generous to the Cats to say the teams are evenly matched.
Now that is bait.
No question we have a better team than the dishlickers. Hardly controversial.

Now that is bait.
No question we have a better team than the dishlickers. Hardly controversial.
At some point you actually have to start winning games, and preferably finals.

This whole 'our list is awesome' debate that goes on for years loses all merit when you're a perpetually mediocre football club.

At some point you actually have to start winning games, and preferably finals.

This whole 'our list is awesome' debate that goes on for years loses all merit when you're a perpetually mediocre football club.

To be fair they won in 2022.

Most neutrals would agree Dogs have a better list but Geelong’s is still decent. Especially with Scott as coach, even though he’s the world’s biggest sook.

To be fair they won in 2022.

Most neutrals would agree Dogs have a better list but Geelong’s is still decent. Especially with Scott as coach, even though he’s the world’s biggest sook.
Cool story. It's really worth nothing if you're not winning.

If you're happier to win the pre-season list rankings cup, then that's all yours. I won't tell you how to live.

Nice bait because you mention Cats have the better team. I think it’d be generous to the Cats to say the teams are evenly matched. It is in Geelong so that’s why Cats are favourites.
Bulldogs: outstanding midfield, good attack, poor defence.
Cats: average midfield*, outstanding attack, decent defence.

*With SDK as an extra mid, Dangerfield fit and Stewart available - otherwise it's poor.

Not a whole lot between them on paper (maybe Bulldogs slight edge - but they have a slight edge on most sides on paper), but one is coached better.

Going by this thread he's got nothing on you.
Loop Reaction GIF

Imagine for a second the team you support is about to play a team they're 7 spots and 2 games behind on the ladder. Now imagine you've lost 7 of the last 8 games against them and the only win in the last 5 years was a must win for you but a dead rubber for them where they rested half their team.

How much confidence/arrogance/delusion would it take to loudly proclaim that it would be generous to the opponent to say the teams are evenly matched?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 19 - Cats v Dogs Sat July 20th 7:30pm AEST (GMHBA)

Back