Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 12 - Cats v Tigers Sat June 1st 7:30pm AEST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

• Cats by a lot

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • Tigers by a lot

• Draw

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice to get that winning feeling again, a dominant second half, but certainly can't get carried away. To be down (again) by 5ish goals at home against such a depleted Richmond side and to be absolutely slaughtered early on in the clearances and the pressure metrics was simply not good enough. Credit to Richmond, they were just much better than the Cats for a sizable chunk of the game with their work in the contest and their pressure on the ball.

If we're getting badly beaten for a half by Samson Ryan, Mykelti Lefau and the makeshift Richmond midfield, then we'll be copping a few hammerings over the next month and a half. On the other hand, if we can return to form and win our share of games over the next six weeks, we'll be right in the hunt for top four at the business end. I'm looking forward to seeing what we're made of.

Well he is blind so I am not sure if he can see what he is writting in the book.
Absolutely goated segment from Triple M commentary the day Balta was declared blind.

True, Darcy is very tall.
maaaaaaaaaaate. Opportunity missed.

images

Nice to get that winning feeling again, a dominant second half, but certainly can't get carried away. To be down (again) by 5ish goals at home against such a depleted Richmond side and to be absolutely slaughtered early on in the clearances and the pressure metrics was simply not good enough. Credit to Richmond, they were just much better than the Cats for a sizable chunk of the game with their work in the contest and their pressure on the ball.

If we're getting badly beaten for a half by Samson Ryan, Mykelti Lefau and the makeshift Richmond midfield, then we'll be copping a few hammerings over the next month and a half. On the other hand, if we can return to form and win our share of games over the next six weeks, we'll be right in the hunt for top four at the business end. I'm looking forward to seeing what we're made of.

It's good to get a win but everything was in our favour as you say and the Tigers could have buried us in the first half.

It is pleasing to see that the younger players are now carrying the team, it's been a tough rebuild.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must say the new renovated KP is fantastic.
Great view form my seat second row from the back.

And easy to get a park in Geelong.

I usually train it in.

Worth the trip.
We had a decent ole crack,that's all I ask this year.

Anyone else feel the entire vibe of BigFooty switch when Geelong have a gutsy win? Years ago Carlton supporters would've been over the moon seeing Richmond lose, but there's multiple threads with non-stop Blooze tears over tonight's entertainment.
It's been Bigfooty 101 after a Geelong win for years now: "Neutral" fans do more whining and sooking and crying than fans of the team we actually defeated.

You may want a vanilla slice and not have it. But we do have top four position because of the points we took from you.

Its nice to want things. Better to have them.
Nah, whilst it's nice to want things it's not always best to have them.

That's why I don't have the vanilla slice.

You are in the top four.

BUT

It's only June.

Enjoy your vanilla slice in June.

It isn't the same as the banquet on the last day in September.

It's nice to say things.

How come De Koning didn’t enter concussion protocol after copping one of the biggest hits I’ve ever seen to the back of the head? Gave the thumbs up like Jezza so all good?

Pretty tough for yze and hard to know how he is doing as coach when the team Dimma left were on a downward spiral anyway then add all these injuries . Hoping he gets some numbers back so he can have a good crack at the coaching gig. Seems a good bloke type of coach.
I think the last couple of weeks have shown what he can do. To have such an inexperienced list compete the way they have the last two weeks is a great indication. And against superior opponents.

Big learning curve but there is no paper on the cracks. Everything is exposed. Get more playing experience into the list. Yze too will be growing in experience.

Hit the preseason hard and see where 2025 goes.

A good game of footy played by the Tigers in the first half, they just ran out of legs and the rain affected them. They completely outplayed Geelong on their "bogey" ground, but couldn't sustain it. The Cats have big problems, saved by Bowes, Dempsey, Bruhn, Atkins, Holmes and Stewart. Conway did well, but there were a lot of passengers, unless something miraculous occurs i suspect the Swans will have a training run next week.

Last edited:
Lefau could have done his ACL. Heartbreaking for him if that's what it is.

Geez.

Both Lefau and Pickett to miss games. Unbelievable.

Fingers crossed for Lefau - I'm a huge fan and can't wait to see what he can do when he gets better instincts (e.g. don't try to score tries in AFL).

As for Pickett, alas, he misses games even when he's literally playing in them.

A good game of footy played by the Tigers in the first half, they just ran out of legs and the rain affected them. They completely outplayed Geelong on their "bogey" ground, but couldn't sustain it. The Cats have big problems, saved by Bowes, Dempsey, Bruhn , Atkins, Holmes and Stewart. Conway did well, but there were a lot of passengers, unless something miraculous occurs i suspect the Swans will have a training run next week.
Glass half-empty (see JackFlash)

Glass half-full:
Geelong's second half scoring over the past five games: 38.29 v 31.24
If you exclude the Darwin disaster: 29.21 v 16.18

And if you want to measure our last quarters in the 1-4 win/loss stretch:
Geel: 16.11
Opp: 14.4

Back