Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 21 - Cats v Crows Sat Aug 3rd 4:35pm AEST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Crows by a goal or less

• Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • Crows by a lot

• Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty inexcusable to be so thoroughly outworked for that period at the end of the third quarter, at home with the season on the line against a team playing for little more than pride. But it will be lost no doubt that it was a terrific, gutsy response in the last quarter to scratch out a win. It wasn't brilliant, but sometimes - especially this season - it's just about grinding out a win some weeks.

Adelaide looked good, like the side we expected them to be coming into this season. A very dangerous forward line and hard to stop in open play. Got to give them a lot of credit.

I'm not saying we're looking like premiership material as it stands, but there isn't a team left in the 2024 race that doesn't have a few skeletons in their closet. Everyone in the top half of the ladder has looked dreadful at times. But someone's got to win it.

Pretty much everyone was quite prepared to put a line through the Bulldogs about a month ago, by the end of the round they won't be too far off premiership favouritism. This year it takes about a fortnight to turn from "woefully out of touch" to "red hot form" or vice versa.

more cocaine half time for stengle great role model

Luckily he’s not being paid to be a role model. He’s a footballer. You need to tread very warily as an Adelaide fan talking about role models unless you are going to throw in disclaimers when you do it.

Why on earth people feel the need to throw mud in the first place is anyone’s guess. How old are you, 15?

That’s because there can’t be.

No fans of Geelong or anywhere else even know what happened because in all likelihood a guy in his mid 20s drank himself into a stupor. I know I did it dozens of times when I was his age.
It could have been something else. We don’t know. He’s an idiot either way, but he’s also not Scarface suddenly.
Ambos don't call in "unresponsive" for fun... they have "ways"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not tooo much 'frost' though.
Yup, otherwise the Choirboy Crows will delist an AA-calibre, future premiership player in favour of retaining star goal sneak Lachlan Murphy.

20220924001707205849-original-scaled.jpg

Luckily he’s not being paid to be a role model. He’s a footballer. You need to tread very warily as an Adelaide fan talking about role models unless you are going to throw in disclaimers when you do it.

Why on earth people feel the need to throw mud in the first place is anyone’s guess. How old are you, 15?
Nope. Don't need to be wary at all.
It's society's new norm. Tex Walker is Racist & Stengle is a Drunk Driving, Drug Addict.
Both should have been de-registered some time ago.

Ambos don't call in "unresponsive" for fun... they have "ways"

Well yeah they do - they don’t have to be unresponsive when the patient is being attended to. It’s happened to me before. My brother is a paramedic and once they are called they more or less have to take the person even if the person has come to. Such is the vagueness of the report, it is literally possible that when the call was made he was unconscious and by the time the ambulance was called he was responsive and they took him to hospital as a precaution. Also as an epileptic if I have a seizure I can have a fit and be conscious for an hour afterwards but if my kids call the ambulance it HAS to take me to the hospital. Once called they don’t have a choice.

Happy to be told otherwise as I will happily admit I haven’t devoured article after article about it - basically read about 3-4 stories all saying that an ambulance was called ‘by concerned friends as he was unresponsive/unconscious at a Geelong nightspot’

You mean the guy who was never employed at the cats and the cats disclosed their solitary ever dealing with him, which was 100 per cent legal.

Right.

That’s the thing, Dank never worked for Geelong and any supplements that were sourced by any company were legal at the time….so majority if not all clubs were using them at the exact same time period. People are actually ****ing moronic if they think, “oh no my club wouldn’t do that but clubs I don’t like would” they have rocks for brains.

If the AFL ticked off everything Geelong has done multiple times, why would there be any question of it?

That’s the thing, Dank never worked for Geelong and any supplements that were sourced by any company were legal at the time….so majority if not all clubs were using them at the exact same time period. People are actually ****ing moronic if they think, “oh no my club wouldn’t do that but clubs I don’t like would” they have rocks for brains.

If the AFL ticked off everything Geelong has done multiple times, why would there be any question of it?

It was one supplement and it wasn’t even directly from him - it was from a German company that had ties to him, and even THEN it was for the treatment of one player 😂

It was the famous Max Rooke calf injury.

That’s how tenuous the link is

Edit:

And that player was one of just four players in that flag team to never be All Australian and another two - Mark Blake and Travis Varcoe - joined him in 2009.

So essentially the argument is this:

‘You guys did something legal to fix an injury of a bottom four player and you did it with a drug from a company that had ties to a guy.’

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 21 - Cats v Crows Sat Aug 3rd 4:35pm AEST (GMHBA)

Back