Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 21 - GWS v Hawks Sun Aug 4th 1:10pm AEST (Manuka)

Who will win and by how much?

• GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 32 49.2%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

it was coming, Hawks were due for their lull trip-up, and after relentlessly reeling in the bombers on the ladder it was time. 9th beckons, which is fair for where they’re at.

Giants playing some solid finals-style footy of late. That has to be one of their most consequential Manuka victories over the years, given how BRUTAL their remaining draw is (Lions, Freo, Dogs, mercy!). Of course if they go red hot then top 4 finish is all before them.

Everyone loves seeing the hawks lose. It was actually a good effort. Hawks were off all game. The giants taking until deep in time on the get the win is good for the development. Obviously would've been better to win the game, but themselves the breaks.

In all honesty, even at 28 points up, I don't think you could find one hawk in the best

Everyone loves seeing the hawks lose. It was actually a good effort. Hawks were off all game. The giants taking until deep in time on the get the win is good for the development. Obviously would've been better to win the game, but themselves the breaks.

In all honesty, even at 28 points up, I don't think you could find one hawk in the best
Everyone loves seeing you lose because you carry on like world beaters despite not being in the 8 once this season. Same reason everyone hates Collingwood, the attitude doesn’t match the talent.

Everyone loves seeing you lose because you carry on like world beaters despite not being in the 8 once this season. Same reason everyone hates Collingwood, the attitude doesn’t match the talent.
In my 34 years on this earth, everyone has always loved seeing us lose.
"Carrying on like worldbeaters" is simply enjoying the footy being produced and having fun. How dare people have fun. Surely having fun is some sort of microagression in 2024?

Wrong. They've been one of the fairytale stories of the season. After they win a flag people will be back to death riding them as that's just what happens. A few will be sick of the over the top media coverage, but that doesn't phase me.

Anyway today could be a big moment for GWS. Adversity can make you. Having their biggest ever come back against a team full of confidence, while being without Cogs/Kelly etc. That's big. They have heart that Gold Coast could only dream of.

making the finals this season is savage. HAwks done so much right and could miss if it gets to 14 wins for the 8.
Is what it is. We were expected to win the spoon, some even thinking we'd struggle to win a game.
Instead we have taken it up to 6 of the teams inside the 8. The game is about winning, but it is not always about the win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

making the finals this season is savage. HAwks done so much right and could miss if it gets to 14 wins for the 8.
Except lost 6 of their first 7. They just did the reverse of what we're seeing now from Carlton and Essendon who could both miss the 8.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 21 - GWS v Hawks Sun Aug 4th 1:10pm AEST (Manuka)

Back