Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 22 - Demons v Port Sat Aug 10th 7:30pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Kenny the cockroach lives to fight another day.

He won't get any credit for that win from Port supporters though.

Josh Carr gets the credit for their wins, Kenny just gets blamed for their losses.

Well that’s more than they had a few weeks ago.

Even Saints putting them to shame. Think it might be time for Melbourne to move to a more boutique stadium.
Confused Whats Going On GIF

Josh Carr gets the credit for their wins, Kenny just gets blamed for their losses.
It would be hillarious if Port won the premiership and how those Kenny haters would respond.

Even Saints putting them to shame.
How so? We're averaging 42k this year, just behind Geelong who are behind Richmond.
Saints are <30k.

More than "Flagmantle" even, despite having a shit year. Not too bad!

How so? We're averaging 42k this year, just behind Geelong who are behind Richmond.
Saints are <30k.

When did the saints have a 17k game?

Saints are <30k.

bit unfair of a comparison given you get to play Collingwood and Carlton at the G with bigger capacity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be hillarious if Port won the premiership and how those Kenny haters would respond.
Support the club always above the individual, why is that so hard for others to understand?

If we win, Ken gets the plaudits, we were wrong.
The club wins, that’s all that ultimately matters.

bit unfair of a comparison given you get to play Collingwood and Carlton at the G with bigger capacity.
Collingwood actually did play the Saints at the MCG this year. They got under 70k, we got 84k.
I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Just like Ken gets the credit from media for the wins, but the players cop it for the losses. Bottom 4 coach with a team in the 4. Go figure

I wouldnt call myself a Ken hater, however, I am on record, post Brisbane loss, suggesting that if Ken and the players hes had/got cant get it done then perhaps he should call time for all concerned.

I also said that if the players want him then he needs wins which only they can provide.
To their credit they've played some pretty good footy and all but silenced the critics.
I hope they keep it up.

If they go all the way, I'll be happy to put my hand up and say I was wrong and congratulate them on their achievement.

Saints are <30k.

Way to obfuscate the facts. You are averaging 42k in total, including away games against high-drawing Melbourne-based clubs. On home attendance numbers, you are 12th (34710 ave) and the worst-drawing of the MCG tenants, keeping in mind that the MCG is the highest-capacity stadium in the league and you have the benefit of MCC member attendance.

On home attendance, Geelong playing most of its home games at a sub-40k capacity stadium, is 4 places above you. The only other MCG tenant close to your poor home attendance record is Hawthorn, but that also includes the games they've sold to Tasmania, and they're still above you.

You won a flag a few years ago. Your club is named after the ****ing city. You have more than 70k members. Tell them to get to the ****ing game. We heard excuses from your fans a few weeks back that the weather was too poor to go out in, after a bit of light drizzle and a bit of chill in the air. Today was a lovely sunny warm day in Melbourne, the best you could hope for in winter, and you get 17k against an interstate side with a stronger supporter base than GWS.

Way to obfuscate the facts. You are averaging 42k in total, including away games against high-drawing Melbourne-based clubs. On home attendance numbers, you are 12th (34710 ave) and the worst-drawing of the MCG tenants, keeping in mind that the MCG is the highest-capacity stadium in the league and you have the benefit of MCC member attendance.

On home attendance, Geelong playing most of its home games at a sub-40k capacity stadium, is 4 places above you. The only other MCG tenant close to your poor home attendance record is Hawthorn, but that also includes the games they've sold to Tasmania, and they're still above you.

You won a flag a few years ago. Your club is named after the ****ing city. You have more than 70k members. Tell them to get to the ****ing game. We heard excuses from your fans a few weeks back that the weather was too poor to go out in, after a bit of light drizzle and a bit of chill in the air. Today was a lovely sunny warm day in Melbourne, the best you could hope for in winter, and you get 17k against an interstate side with a stronger supporter base than GWS.
You poor bastard. Imagine not have anything better to do on a Saturday night then write an essay on an internet forum about how a club with not many supporters plays shit football and gets poor crowds.

I hope someone read your post, I sure as **** didn't lmao

You poor bastard. Imagine not have anything better to do on a Saturday night then write an essay on an internet forum about how a club with not many supporters plays shit football and gets poor crowds.

I hope someone read your post, I sure as **** didn't lmao
70k members isn't "not many supports" and if you can manage just 16-17k against top 6 interstate sides at the MCG when your club is not playing shit football but is stlll in contention for finals after winning a flag in recent memory, then that is a huge concern for your club if it does tumble further.

It's also just sad watching on TV and makes the AFL look bad. The best bays at the ground sparsely populated, the top of the stadium completely empty. It's sad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 22 - Demons v Port Sat Aug 10th 7:30pm AEST (MCG)

Back