Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Qualifying Final - Port v Cats Thurs Sept 5th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) - Teams up

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 79 42.0%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 44 23.4%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 49 26.1%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The most irrelevant game of the round, two teams which don't deserve to be in the top 4. The loser goes out in straight sets, winner loses the prelim. Would both go out in straight sets if they weren't playing eachother.
Reading your comment, I'm shocked you aren't either a Richmond or Adelaide supporter.....

Reading your comment, I'm shocked you aren't either a Richmond or Adelaide supporter.....
Essendon supporters are well versed in obnoxiously terrible football performances so if he says we're bad then I'm inclined to believe him

The most irrelevant game of the round, two teams which don't deserve to be in the top 4. The loser goes out in straight sets, winner loses the prelim. Would both go out in straight sets if they weren't playing eachother.

IDK, lets look at the top 8 as it stands now.

Port Vs...

Sydney, 112 point win at AO
Geelong, 6 point win at Alphabet Stadium in Geelong
GWS, 22 point loss in Western Sydney
Brisbane, 79 point loss at AO, Ken got booed for that piss poor effort
Bulldogs, 48 point win at AO
Hawthorn, 1 point win at AO, stole it effectively
Carlton, 36 point loss at AO, 14 point win at Marvel

Record vs top 8 sides, 5 wins, 3 losses. Best year under Ken for teams inside the top 8 and this has always been his biggest criticism. Not sure how the other teams are travelling vs Top 8 sides this year.

You would know all about finals wins wouldn’t you?

Will be a demolition job. Port at home with the midfield they have and form they're in will run all over the top of us. Expect it to be a similar start to the game in Geelong this year, only we won't be able to fight back and make it close this time.

No way our midfield can compete against theirs in a final. We're relying on an old Dangerfield and a defender to be competitive in the midfield.

I dunno about that. I went to the games Freo played against Port and Geelong, and I was more impressed with Geelong. We lost to Port mainly due to inaccurate kicking, whereas Geelong kept us in it with a few misses in the second half. Freo's midfield is strong and if Geelong could beat us at home, then you can do the same to Port.

Curious as to your logic for this.

Wins vs other top 8 sides

Sydney: 6
Port: 5
GWS: 6
Geelong: 5
Brisbane: 3
Bulldogs: 5
Hawthorn: 4
Carlton: 4

I dunno about that. I went to the games Freo played against Port and Geelong, and I was more impressed with Geelong. We lost to Port mainly due to inaccurate kicking, whereas Geelong kept us in it with a few misses in the second half. Freo's midfield is strong and if Geelong could beat us at home, then you can do the same to Port.

Your star young mids aren’t at the level yet and have failed to deliver when it matters most and grab games by the throat in the last month of the HA season.

Butters and JHF schooled them
Last week.

Port’s mids are a fair bit better than Freo’s at this stage so will be a greater challenge.

Last edited:
Geelong, 6 point win at Alphabet Stadium in Geelong
Just call it Kardinia Park like the rest of us.

And as you've so eloquently pointed out, it's all about who you play and when. And that's what makes next Thursday very interesting....

Port by 40+

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are the Port fans going for Port or a straight sets exit just so they can sack Kenny ?
Why Not Have Both Government Shutdown GIF

Honestly I don’t see how we lose. Our form is better, our midfield on paper is light years better than theirs, we have the home ground advantage, and we even have the psychological advantage of recent finals history against them. I haven’t been this confident since the lead up to our prelim against the Doggies in 2021.

Cats by 80.

Honestly I don’t see how we lose. Our form is better, our midfield on paper is light years better than theirs, we have the home ground advantage, and we even have the psychological advantage of recent finals history against them. I haven’t been this confident since the lead up to our prelim against the Doggies in 2021.

Cats by 80.
Ports midfield is better but they're not against broken Cam Guthrie, Parfitt, Clark and Blicavs (he'll play but is no longer a primary midfielder) this time.

Atkins and Stanley are in much better form now. Then Danger, Stewart, Bowes and Bruhn is a serious midfield upgrade.

I'm torn on this one. On the one hand, Geelong's had enough success and it'd be good for Port fans to see some.

On the other hand; if Port go out in straight sets again the Sack Hinkley and Sack Koch threads on the Port board will be the greatest read in history.

I'm torn on this one. On the one hand, Geelong's had enough success and it'd be good for Port fans to see some.

On the other hand; if Port go out in straight sets again the Sack Hinkley and Sack Koch threads on the Port board will be the greatest read in history.
I don’t mind Port at all, and we (Melbourne) have had some great tussles with them over the last 4 years.

However, the sack Hinkley thread is going to be epic post game if they lose. I reckon the entire Bogfooty forum will be lurking in the Port forum post game if they get done.

Therefore for a bit of entertainment you’d almost hope Geelong salutes.

I don’t mind Port at all, and we (Melbourne) have had some great tussles with them over the last 4 years.

However, the sack Hinkley thread is going to be epic post game if they lose. I reckon the entire Bogfooty forum will be lurking in the Port forum post game if they get done.

Therefore for a bit of entertainment you’d almost hope Geelong salutes.

I am glad we keep you all entertained!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Qualifying Final - Port v Cats Thurs Sept 5th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) - Teams up

Back