AFL at Adelaide Oval - it will never happen (Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only pay less if we just join the SACA,a Cricket and Football membership is more than it is now.

Are you still going down the path that you want access to the footy for more or less free? I know you've already posted your vote off so it doesn't make any difference, but is that still the crux of your arguement/line of thinking?

Are you still going down the path that you want access to the footy for more or less free? I know you've already posted your vote off so it doesn't make any difference, but is that still the crux of your arguement/line of thinking?

Never said i wanted it for free,just the same price i am paying now 675ish for the lot,not 950ish.

Anyhoo have no fear this will get up.

yea - i dont get that, at all ... so if 30% voting think that - then they we will get what they wanted - no need to pay more for same ... :rolleyes

If vote is 'no' imagine the banter between SACA and outer at next year's cricket? :D

Sorry thought i put that in

NO

So why did you vote no?

Never said i wanted it for free,just the same price i am paying now 675ish for the lot,not 950ish.

Anyhoo have no fear this will get up.

if it was for the price of a football and cricket membership, that is very selfish.

In fact, I still believe, any SACA member who votes NO is being a selfish **** head. This redevelopment is for the entirety of South Australia, not just you 20,000 nuff nuff's who beleive you are above and beyond reproach and are acting like a bunch sanctimonious flogs.

If you don't want a membership because it's too expensive, don't ****ing buy one. Simple. But don't vote no because your head is still in the 1960's and you think the coast should represent that time.

I don't understand why and how a small group of people can control this.

yea - i dont get that, at all ... so if 30% voting think that - then they we will get what they wanted - no need to pay more for same ... :rolleyes

If vote is 'no' imagine the banter between SACA and outer at next year's cricket? :D
I still dont see the difference in watching footy at either oval.The seats are the same.Whats the big deal in going to AO.

So why did you vote no?

if it was for the price of a football and cricket membership, that is very selfish.

In fact, I still believe, any SACA member who votes is is being a selfish **** head. This redevelopment is for the entirety of South Australia, not just you 20,000 nuff nuff's who beleive you are above and beyond reproach and are acting like a bunch sanctimonious flogs.

If you don't want a membership because it's too expensive, don't ****ing buy one. Simple. But don't vote no because your head is still in the 1960's and you think the coast should represent that time.

I don't understand why and how a small group of people can control this.
Just a touch harsh i would have thought i have feelings.

How this benefits all South Australians is going a bit far.As a nuff nuff i dont want Footy at the AO,as a SACA membership will become useless.

I still fail to see what is wrong with AAMI stadium.

as a SACA membership will become useless.

I still fail to see what is wrong with AAMI stadium.
Ok, so you're voting no because you want to feel better than others, and give yourself an ego boost?

I agree that there is nothing wrong with AAMI Stadium
BUT, the general upkeep of 1 stadium is cheaper than 2 stadiums.
All logic points to 1 stadium.

You just need to choose
'Do I want everything at Adelaide Oval and I get an easy way out and have a great stadium'
or
'Do I want to sit in a shithole, and in 30 years, when the government wont upgrade my stadium, be forced to move to the now, 25 year old stadium a kilometre away, on their terms'

Those voting should be thinking about why to do it instead of why not to do it.

These conservative campaigns being run on fear are crippling this state and country.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just read through mine. Very repetitive and nothing really new. Points out the massive benefits to cricket in this state both from a facilities and more importantly financial sense, stresses that SACA members will lose no current rights and will actually pay less for the pleasure and also goes through the reasons for voting no as well and discredits them, although doesn't dignify the "ruining of the view of the hills" as a reason to vote no. Just driving home the point you're a bit of a dill if you vote no. Still voting no birdman?

That's not 100% accurate there.

There we go cant actually explain it can you.?

The seats are the same the bottle of drinks are the same the chips are the same and the view of the ground is the same.
It is? The view at AAMI currently is quite poor, it's built on a massive slope. In fact, the State Governments plans to upgrade AAMI pre AO plan were trying to fix this. It's one of the reasons why people in Adelaide are in awe of Etihad.

The seats are the same the bottle of drinks are the same the chips are the same and the view of the ground is the same.

Bit harsh? no, i actually think i was being kind.

and the view and seats at AAMI Stadium are going to be very different at the new Adelaide Oval.

That's not 100% accurate there.

Page 12 of booklet that came out with the voting material.

If yes vote goes ahead a SACA member will save at least $340 in membership fees over the next 3 years and it staes that it will be at least $20 cheaper after that (obviously can't predict further price hikes in the future, but you can argue that for anything).

No a combined membership is 900-950 ish.I think REH has them figures some where on his data base.

Page 12also states that an Ultimate Membership ie footy and cricket "will be slightly less than seperate SACA and SANFL seperately sold tickets. On the same page it states that SACA memberships in 2014/15 will be $300 + CPI. Therefore you are in fact saying that the footy portion will cost around $6-650.

Page 12 of booklet that came out with the voting material.

If yes vote goes ahead a SACA member will save at least $340 in membership fees over the next 3 years and it staes that it will be at least $20 cheaper after that (obviously can't predict further price hikes in the future, but you can argue that for anything).

What about the ones who wish to maintain a Full football and Cricket Membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back