News AFL Investigates Adelaide Crows' alleged training breach in Barossa

Remove this Banner Ad

Where in the article does it mention they were cleared by the cops to train? Why are AFL players being given leeway by the police anyway? And lastly there is no golf course on the facility according to google maps.
And what's with "dedicated" rooms? Is that meant to comfort us?

Am I wrong in saying that all the training facilities were closed back in March??

The AFL didn’t close because they couldn’t train—- the AFL closed because SA closed the border. The suspension of the competition indicated that players couldn’t train until the competition said otherwise.

It was only that when WA lifted restrictions last week that it made media attention.

Either way—- there was still 16 crows players that were breaking not only state social distancing rules, but also their lock down.

Why can’t they just follow the rules?
They didn’t break state lockdown laws, I’m not sure how many times it needs to be repeated that the club cleared this with SAPOL first. If they weren’t given the all clear to train in a quarantined hotel, the players would’ve just gone to their normal homes. We didn’t chuck them in the Barossa because they’ve got nowhere to live.

They didn’t break state lockdown laws, I’m not sure how many times it needs to be repeated that the club cleared this with SAPOL first. If they weren’t given the all clear to train in a quarantined hotel, the players would’ve just gone to their normal homes. We didn’t chuck them in the Barossa because they’ve got nowhere to live.

So are SA restrictions that 10 people can train together or 16?

Also—what’s a coach doing instructing players before the competition has announced the season is resuming. If a coach was seen coaching a player during Oct there would be absolute hell to pay! The same should occur here. It’s effectively a ‘suspension’ of the competition right now; not a “some teams can train but others can’t preseason”

They love their controversial camps.....

So are SA restrictions that 10 people can train together or 16?

Also—what’s a coach doing instructing players before the competition has announced the season is resuming. If a coach was seen coaching a player during Oct there would be absolute hell to pay! The same should occur here. It’s effectively a ‘suspension’ of the competition right now; not a “some teams can train but others can’t preseason”
Clearly you were the hotel spy, can you please confirm the full details?

Not in the article, this is from a journalist in SA who doesn’t post shit for the sake of it like Vic footy media:

They are in a hotel closed to the public, what threat are they posing by training on those grounds? In case you hadn’t noticed, SA has dealt with the virus very well.

No threat at all but that isn't the point

The SA regulations/law is that all people returning from interstate self quarantine for 14 days as per the website I quoted above that means they don't leave their rooms. This is the law for everyone except AFL players it seems

And there is no golf course on the grounds of the Novatel in the Barossa. There is a course across the road but that is open to the public.

Like I said who give a **** about the AFL rules why are AFL players being given special treatment by the police and why are they still breaking regulations

SA Police will be undertaking periodic checks on people who have returned from overseas and interstate to ensure they are complying with the mandatory 14 days of self-quarantine.

Any individual who does not comply faces a maximum penalty of $20,000.

You've dealt with the virus very well by not letting dickhead AFL players have exemptions. 20k fine each should be a no brainer

No threat at all but that isn't the point

The SA regulations/law is that all people returning from interstate self quarantine for 14 days as per the website I quoted above that means they don't leave their rooms. This is the law for everyone except AFL players it seems

And there is no golf course on the grounds of the Novatel in the Barossa. There is a course across the road but that is open to the public.

Like I said who give a fu** about the AFL rules why are AFL players being given special treatment by the police and why are they still breaking regulations
I have no idea why the club was given an exception to train, take it up with SAPOL if it’s that concerning to you.

First thing I take from the article was AFL players being pampered again, they can't work out how to self isolate and need their hand held by the club?

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk
The training aspect of this has been cleared by our state, it’s the half arsed AFL rule in question.

Clearly you were the hotel spy, can you please confirm the full details?

Did you not read the article??

The Adelaide FC even admits that the players are accompanied by an assistant coach.

These facts are coming straight from the article.

But sure— speak condescendingly to me & play the man rather than the topic at hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no idea why the club was given an exception to train, take it up with SAPOL if it’s that concerning to you.

Maybe you should since if they spread Covid around SA again it's back into lockdown for you.

Would have thought people would care a bit more considering the circumstances

Did you not read the article??

The Adelaide FC even admits that the players are accompanied by an assistant coach.

These facts are coming straight from the article.

But sure— speak condescendingly to me & play the man rather than the topic at hand.
I know the assistant coach was there.

i'll be happy with nothing short of eternal banishment to the wastelands for this almighty transgression

Spread Covid from a hotel closed off to the public, in a state with two active cases? Right

They all returned from interstate hence the requirement to self isolate for 14 days and were 'training' at a golf course across the road that is open to the public...

They all returned from interstate hence the requirement to self isolate for 14 days and were 'training' at a golf course across the road that is open to the public...
They’re self isolating... at a hotel closed to the public. Do you seriously think an AFL club with any sort of profile would risk breaking state quarantine laws for training? They would be spotted in two seconds.

Who reported the above? The always spot on Crows hater Sam Mclure?

They’re self isolating... at a hotel closed to the public. Do you seriously think an AFL club with any sort of profile would risk breaking state quarantine laws for training? They would be spotted in two seconds.

Who reported the above? The always spot on Crows hater Sam Mclure?

The article mentions the hotel & golf course name and a quick google search tells you that the course is open to the public.

The golf course is not part of the hotel so even if the cops bizarrely gave them special leeway to train it's still not part of the resort

Spread Covid from a hotel closed off to the public, in a state with two active cases? Right
Some of them came from Melbourne or Sydney where there is community transmission.

The article mentions the hotel & golf course name and a quick google search tells you that the course is open to the public.

The golf course is not part of the hotel so even if the cops bizarrely gave them special leeway to train it's still not part of the resort
If they were training on the golf course (big if given the source), maybe it was cleared to do so? They have not broken any state quarantine laws, that would’ve been made public quick smart if they did. Only issue here is the stupid AFL rule.

Remove this Banner Ad

News AFL Investigates Adelaide Crows' alleged training breach in Barossa

Remove this Banner Ad

Back