News AFL Investigates Adelaide Crows' alleged training breach in Barossa

Remove this Banner Ad

My point still is that your average bloke on the street doesn't care about SA or WA despite what Adelaide and West Coast supporters will try and tell you about vicbias

Yeah fair enough, probably a valid point even if it doesn't cover everyone.
Your average bloke isn't writing the fixture, writing the sports media content (whether it be a 'hold Tim Kelly to his contract' article/opinion, a 'let Brad Hill out of his contract' or a Robbo #robbed tweet after the 2018 GF. Nor are they the one not allowing WA teams to charter flights and probably would see it as a fair outcome considering the travel.

I'm sure they just care about their own team, hate whichever team has pissed them off lately as well as any traditional rivalry and just love footy.
Which is why we get so many shizfights on BF cos admittedly many WA/SA/NSW team supporters need to realise that VIC posters are not AFL HQ and other various other dickhead media types.

Mind you, ridiculous assertions about Victorian travel which doesn't take into consideration the reality that 10 teams are based in Victoria doesn't really help to create fair or constructive discussion either.

blue harvest do you think the AFL season should start this year?

i commend you on your concern for public health safety at this time - lots of people this past week seem to be getting complacent and visiting shopping malls en masse

i'm glad you've stayed home this entire time
I think they can prepare and see how things pan out the next few weeks, things can change more than we expect.
In a month we might be saying what virus.

The weekend the season started was the weekend the shit hit the fan in Australia, they postponed the season halfway through a game ffs.

Agreed, but with around 50 new cases per day then and already hundreds of confirmed cases active they already knew it was risky hence the lockout of fans and indecision throughout the week leading up, heck, even the PM said he wasn't going to the NRL a week earlier, but the AFL still pushed on.
Fast forward to now and the daily cases are a 3rd of what they we're then and testing is widespread.
There was more risk to players and those they came in to contact with then than now and that is undeniable, but they still pressed on.

This isn't about risk mitigation, its about an interstate team getting a perceived advantage whilst the people in the heartland cant leave home.

Agreed, but with around 50 new cases per day then and already hundreds of confirmed cases active they already knew it was risky hence the lockout of fans and indecision throughout the week leading up, heck, even the PM said he wasn't going to the NRL a week earlier, but the AFL still pushed on.
Fast forward to now and the daily cases are a 3rd of what they we're then and testing is widespread.
There was more risk to players and those they came in to contact with then than now and that is undeniable, but they still pressed on.

This isn't about risk mitigation, its about an interstate team getting a perceived advantage whilst the people in the heartland cant leave home.
This is about the AFL trying to get approval from health authorities to restart the comp. They can't start it without the approval. Back in round 1 they still had approval but this was revoked for round 2 as it was for the NRL the same weekend. The restart approval relies on the health department trusting that any rules that are put in place are followed. It doesn't matter if they are fair on all clubs or if they are #vicco or not, if there are agreed rules in place and they aren't followed then they wont get the ok to restart games. If there's an agreed rule saying players have to stay home and only go to training and someone is spotted out and about then it's the same problem. If the health authorities see the AFL teams not adhering to agreed upon rules then they won't give the AFL any special consideration to restart the season. You need to look past the #vicco thing, it's about an agreed rule being broken, regardless of what we think about that rule. Personally I couldn't care less if the AFL said each state can train according to their own state's rules. What I do care about is whatever rules are agreed upon are followed, otherwise there will be no AFL this season.

You're right in that the risk may have been higher in round 1 than now, but that's got nothing to do with the current situation, round 1 was allowed to go ahead by the health department they were scrambling to come up with a plan. We have to follow their guideline and get their approval, the risk is up to them, not the AFL, the health department aren't #viccos.

This is about the AFL trying to get approval from health authorities to restart the comp. They can't start it without the approval. Back in round 1 they still had approval but this was revoked for round 2 as it was for the NRL the same weekend. The restart approval relies on the health department trusting that any rules that are put in place are followed. It doesn't matter if they are fair on all clubs or if they are #vicco or not, if there are agreed rules in place and they aren't followed then they wont get the ok to restart games. If there's an agreed rule saying players have to stay home and only go to training and someone is spotted out and about then it's the same problem. If the health authorities see the AFL teams not adhering to agreed upon rules then they won't give the AFL any special consideration to restart the season. You need to look past the #vicco thing, it's about an agreed rule being broken, regardless of what we think about that rule. Personally I couldn't care less if the AFL said each state can train according to their own state's rules. What I do care about is whatever rules are agreed upon are followed, otherwise there will be no AFL this season.

You're right in that the risk may have been higher in round 1 than now, but that's got nothing to do with the current situation, round 1 was allowed to go ahead by the health department they were scrambling to come up with a plan. We have to follow their guideline and get their approval, the risk is up to them, not the AFL, the health department aren't #viccos.
What if it wasnt agreed upon, given Vic clubs now have advantage over interstate teams who now have to quatantine.

What if it wasnt agreed upon, given Vic clubs now have advantage over interstate teams who now have to quatantine.
NSW clubs don't have to quarantine, why aren't you mentioning that NSW clubs have an advantage over interstate clubs?
You guys need to let go of the #vicco stuff.
A rule was put in place with strict warnings and it was broken. I don't think the rule was fair, but once it was in I want it followed, otherwise we wont be watching AFL this year. And to make it worse they also broke state quarantine laws whilst they were breaking AFLs rules.

I hope there is a Chief of Common Sense in the AFL to explain how bad of a look it will be to hand out a fine for training with a few extra dudes that is larger than what is given to a club for salary cap cheating.

But I suppose if the AFL ever had such a role the whole comp would have looked different.

How convenient is it though that oxygen thief in chief Whateley supports the exact club this comparison relates to - he could run so much interference with his pseudo-intelligence act that it would trick dumb campaigners into believing him. My god he is brainless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they can prepare and see how things pan out the next few weeks, things can change more than we expect.
In a month we might be saying what virus.

The AFL need the season to start otherwise a significant no of Vic clubs will be no more. I would be more than happy for no season, AFL collapses and gets reorganised next year with a national comp with less Vic clubs.

And the Vic clubs need the non-Vic states for the tv rights. We don’t need all 10 Vic sides but you need all the other states.

NSW clubs don't have to quarantine, why aren't you mentioning that NSW clubs have an advantage over interstate clubs?
You guys need to let go of the #vicco stuff.
A rule was put in place with strict warnings and it was broken. I don't think the rule was fair, but once it was in I want it followed, otherwise we wont be watching AFL this year. And to make it worse they also broke state quarantine laws whilst they were breaking AFLs rules.

Which the police said nothing to see here and why? Because they were in a closed resort with no access to the public. It wasn’t like Joe Blow who walks the street breaking self-isolation and comes into contact with the public.

The golf course is where the crows players were doing their training drills. Between the 2nd and 3rd tees to be precise. It IS OPEN to the public.

Seriously man, please keep up and stop posting nonsense.
So.... the golf club is open to the public to play golf... but theres part of a football Team training on the fairways of the 2nd and 3rd tees?..

Seems plausable..

What do you just tee off over the top of them and yell out “four” if it looks like your gonna hit one of them?.. or do the players call you to play through when ready?..

Which the police said nothing to see here and why? Because they were in a closed resort with no access to the public. It wasn’t like Joe Blow who walks the street breaking self-isolation and comes into contact with the public.
The police didn't say that though, where do people get this from?
The police decided the law was broken, but it was an honest mistake, not a deliberate action, and so let them off with a warning and education.
They were then instructed to adhere to state quarantine laws which means you can't train with anyone and to make an application for an exemption if they want it changed.

Due to the actions of the Dummies at the crows i wouldn't be surprised if there are no games until next year.
There is an arrogance at some clubs and among some players that the laws that apply to everyone else don't apply to them.

Due to the actions of the Dummies at the crows i wouldn't be surprised if there are no games until next year.
There is an arrogance at some clubs and among some players that the laws that apply to everyone else don't apply to them.
I know right... its crazy..

These “dummies” at the crows are mostly the Victorian players drafted into the club.. its unfortunate when you have a required drafting system that you end up with dummies like the one’s that were confused buy the rules... Bloody dumb Vico’s..

The crows as an organisation are quite obviously stupid too.. instead of deliberately breaking these confusing rules... they really should’ve spent the last 8 years deliberately and systemically breaching the salary cap rules..

After all, that only gets you a $40k fine from the AFL which is much less than the fine the crows are rumoured to be getting for 8 players kicking a footy together for 10 minutes or so after their training session..

Or even better.. have one of your players get blind drunk, smash his vehicle into four parked cars, do a runner with the aid of his team mates, with all of them breaking the social distancing and stay at home rules.. I mean, lets face it, thats bringing the game into far less disrepute than 8 blokes kicking a footy together for 10 minutes on a golf course..

Like I’ve said in earlier posts.. I hope the crows are severely punished for this massive indescretion.. please strip them of at least 24 premiership points for this season...

Would actually be a good thing, see a few Vic clubs go to the wall. We could have balance in the comp.

So.... the golf club is open to the public to play golf... but theres part of a football Team training on the fairways of the 2nd and 3rd tees?..

Seems plausable..

What do you just tee off over the top of them and yell out “four” if it looks like your gonna hit one of them?.. or do the players call you to play through when ready?..
Maybe that was the problem.

There was a group of 2 playing golf, both sliced and yelled "fore".

Ben Hart being took that to mean two groups of four, so told 8 players to come together

Geelong, North, Freo and the Crows.

That's now 4 clubs who can't work out how to do what the rest of the population can, they don't deserve to get exemptions to play

I know right... its crazy..

These “dummies” at the crows are mostly the Victorian players drafted into the club.. its unfortunate when you have a required drafting system that you end up with dummies like the one’s that were confused buy the rules... Bloody dumb Vico’s..

The crows as an organisation are quite obviously stupid too.. instead of deliberately breaking these confusing rules... they really should’ve spent the last 8 years deliberately and systemically breaching the salary cap rules..

After all, that only gets you a $40k fine from the AFL which is much less than the fine the crows are rumoured to be getting for 8 players kicking a footy together for 10 minutes or so after their training session..

Or even better.. have one of your players get blind drunk, smash his vehicle into four parked cars, do a runner with the aid of his team mates, with all of them breaking the social distancing and stay at home rules.. I mean, lets face it, thats bringing the game into far less disrepute than 8 blokes kicking a footy together for 10 minutes on a golf course..

Like I’ve said in earlier posts.. I hope the crows are severely punished for this massive indescretion.. please strip them of at least 24 premiership points for this season...
Someone caught a clam.

Remove this Banner Ad

News AFL Investigates Adelaide Crows' alleged training breach in Barossa

Remove this Banner Ad

Back