Game Day AFL Rd 17-GWS Giants vs Geelong Cats, Sat July 25th 1.45 pm, Startrack Oval (Canberra)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far I can see Kersten being subbed off, barring any injuries.

My biggest gripe with our forwards is they don't lead much, mostly they seem to be static expecting the long bomb on their heads.
That would almost be the end of him with a few coming back.

Bloody grrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Took the captaincy off Fyfe and gave it to Ablett this week too. Watch Fyfe dominate later on this afternoon.
Vc'ed him this week.
Still shite another trade used and Gaz was a huge POD in my leagues and a gun vc/c choice.

Just got home and turned the TV on - any reason for our inaccuracy in front of goal; windy, rushed behinds, difficult shots or just poor kicking?
There is a wind blowing across the ground going by the look of the trees. Doesn't look strong at ground level, but it's definitely influencing kicks at goal.

That would almost be the end of him with a few coming back.

Yeah it would.
Menzel was good earlier (and IMO should come into the AFL next week or the following) and Vardy looked pretty good.
Walker is infront of him comfortably, even if only because he can ruck (lol sort of), and then there is Clark...

I'm pretty sure the guys on fox footy just said Geelong has been them ist accurate team in front of goal this year and GWS the least accurate - I'm surprised if we are in the top 5 for accuracy as it doesn't always feel that way at games.
It's frustrating when it seems we have the game in control

So far I can see Kersten being subbed off, barring any injuries.

My biggest gripe with our forwards is they don't lead much, mostly they seem to be static expecting the long bomb on their heads.

So basically Kersten just doing what he has been over recent weeks seemingly without correction from the coaches - the recent games I have watched he seems intent on wrestling or looking for the kick over the back into space.

I said in preview thread that I want to see Kersten lead to the ball and increase his work rate but doesn't seem it's happened. Maybe we need to play him as a high half forward which forces him to move around and work. Can we play him in the VFL until he lEarns to lead to the ball and show some intent.

Probably an unpopular opinion here, but I would have no qualms at all seeing Stevie J running around in the VFL next week. He is cooked. He's too slow to try and pull off his magic now. Just gets caught or turns the ball over.
Not to mention the lack of one touch skill, everything a double grab these days never a clean take

raw
on for SJ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back