Preview AFL Round 16 - Coll vs NM -Prematch Discussion, Lozza's Preview post130, Teams post 153

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, next game is Collingwood v NM at the MCG 1.10pm Sunday 10/7/11

This thread is for all Selection and Prematch Discussion.

We'd very much like NM posters to join in the Prematch Discussion.

In: Ugle Seedsman Keeffe?

Out: Sidebottom Buckley Dawes/Cloke(injured?)

Re: Changes for RD 15 vs North

Out: Buckley (inj, calf was strapped)
In: Johnson

That is all.:)

Dawes may be the only other concern (hand got stepped on), Cloke will play.

I am going off what Mick said when he wanted to Blood some Kids

I am going off what Mick said when he wanted to Blood some Kids
Yeah, but you still have to earn a spot in the team.

Bolton would be the only chance IMO, Keefe has been poor the last few weeks in the VFL, same for Ugle (when he's played) while that was Seedmans first ever real quality game in the VFL.

Johnson has to return, Caff may return if Dawes misses also.

We can simply play Rounds and Fasolo again if we want youth.

Re: AFL Round 16 Coll vs NM Prematch Discussion

In: Ugle Seedsman Keeffe?

Out: Sidebottom Buckley Dawes/Cloke(injured?)

Why stop there?

In - Sundberg, Condy, Bolton, Jett Buckley

Out - Swan, Pendlebury, Ball, Jolly (rest)

Bolton would be the only chance IMO, Keefe has been poor the last few weeks in the VFL, same for Ugle (when he's played) while that was Seedmans first ever real quality game in the VFL.

Keeffe and Ugle were two of our best on Saturday imo.

Keeffe has been good enough this year to get a debut imo. I doubt Seedsman and Ugle will play AFL this year.

My changes would be Johnson for Buckley and Rounds to start the game. It must be hard to come on as the sub in your first game and make an impact.

Just a little tip, don't be surprised if a big name starts as the sub next week.

Buttifant and Mick have talked about resting senior players in the last 8-10 weeks of the season, and given we are only 2 weeks back from a bye, I think this process might start by resting a "star" by using him as the sub.

I think Dave might be a little right though, I expect more then one change next week, that VFL performance was one of our better ones in a while, so expect a few to come in from that game.

As long as BJ returns, I'll be happy.:)

Yeah, na. Blood some, but not bleed some for sake of it. Build insuance policy for finals. Games for Fasolo 3, Rounds 3, Keeffe 3 (maybe Young 1), but well before Ugle et al come in - we also need some games for the so far undrepowered returns from Johnson, Didak, Goldsack and the big Caffa.

I just hope we don't have the North guys come in this week and tell us how we have no chance of stopping Petrie and Hansen, and how Grima and some other spud with smash Cloke and Dawes, like they did before round 2.

Would like to see Rounds and Fasolo both stay in and both start on the ground, and a game like this would be good for BJ to come back.

Sidebottom was very average today. Can't remember him hitting a target by foot all day, got lead to the ball too often and some of his tackling efforts were woeful. Full game in the goos on the ball wouldn't go astray.
Buckley was scratchy, Fasolo had a pretty forgettable game and Rounds was on a hiding to nothing after being left on the bench until about 8 minutes into the last quarter (bizarre management of a player on debut IMO, pretty disappointing truth be told). I'd give 'em all another week though.

Would love to have Beams available, but gotta make do. Macaffer needs some more time in the VFL.

Out: Sidebottom
In: Johnson (start him as the sub)

Ugle especially has been good for a few weeks now, not breaking into the AFL team good, but if Blair or Krakouer went down I'd definitely consider him. He was lively on the weekend.

Keeffe got back some of his spark on the weekend, although I wouldn't be surprised if he missed playing completely next week. He looked pretty sore in the ankle after the game.

Ugle especially has been good for a few weeks now, not breaking into the AFL team good, but if Blair or Krakouer went down I'd definitely consider him. He was lively on the weekend.

Keeffe got back some of his spark on the weekend, although I wouldn't be surprised if he missed playing completely next week. He looked pretty sore in the ankle after the game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Lachie Keefe fan, I just think prior to his good game this week he had been struggling in the VFL (not easy for a backman when your sides getting thumped though).

I agree with the Ugle comment, he could play if one of our other "smalls" went down, but as it seems both are still fit, there's no spot for him yet.

I just think playing Rounds and Fasolo again next week is enough of an injection of youth, plus I don't like young players coming in for only one week, and with Carlton the week after, you would think anyone who makes his debut next week would probably go out for a Didak or Caff against the Scum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: AFL Round 16 Coll vs NM Selection and Prematch Discussion

Johnson in for Buckley or Sidebottom is the only change I would make.

Give Caff another week in the VFL then get him in for a good run to the finals.

Wouldn't be surprised if Brown or Dawes get rested at some stage in the coming weeks, but not against Nth who have some bigs in good form we need to counter.

I agree Rounds and Fasolo should play and don't put Rounds as a Sib.

Last 2 Weeks I really Liked Ugle's Game and they might give Krakouer a Rest Maybe

Didnt want to start a new thread so I'll post it here.

In MM's post match conf against the Hawks today, I think he stated that Josh Thomas and Sinclair both played their first games of the year and would be available for selection towards the end of the year IF they can string at least 3-4 games together in the VFL.
Can someone else confirm this as I couldn't really hear it clearly on the radio, Cheers

Didnt want to start a new thread so I'll post it here.

In MM's post match conf against the Hawks today, I think he stated that Josh Thomas and Sinclair both played their first games of the year and would be available for selection towards the end of the year IF they can string at least 3-4 games together in the VFL.
Can someone else confirm this as I couldn't really hear it clearly on the radio, Cheers

Yeah, Micks presser is on CTV, and he mentions Sinclair and Thomas as 2 "young blokes" who if they get 5-6 games into them they are a chance later in the year.

I think Mick is just giving a few young guys a bit of motivation there, not much more, simply because we just have too many to fit them in.
I like how he took the chance to give Wood another wrap. If tragedy strikes and Jolly goes down, Wood is the man. Gotta keep him keen. Someone on another board was critising Mick for pumping up Wood, like it's more important for Mick to publicly bag our players rather than friggin coach the side.

Keeffe and Ugle were two of our best on Saturday imo.

Keeffe has been good enough this year to get a debut imo. I doubt Seedsman and Ugle will play AFL this year.

My changes would be Johnson for Buckley and Rounds to start the game. It must be hard to come on as the sub in your first game and make an impact.

Keefe was ordinary on Saturday and definitely did not look ready to step into AFL next week. Fasolo and Rounds were both underwheming today, I thought, and one should make way for Johnson to return if Buckley plays (Buckley seems to get injured frequently!). Seedsman is lightly built and hardly likely to debut this year despite a good game last week. If Blair and Ugle both played in the forward line at the same time we would become known as the midget fleet. Short people have to produce something extra special and Ugle needs to string together some excellent games.

Spot on with Wood, he has to be in the right frame of mind if he does get called up again.

Of course he is being told everything he needs behind closed doors and should know exactly what is expected of him and there is no point in MM saying anything different than he has been.

I am confident that we should be able to handle NM easily next week. From reports on today's game it seemed StK really focused on containing Swallow and Harvey and did a good job even with Goldstein's major hitout advantage. We don't go the hard tag and will back our midfield to beat theirs which we should do, so they will certainly have their chances to take on the game.

Similar to against the Hawks I just don't see any line across the field where we don't have a significant advantage. Petrie was quieter than in recent weeks and Thomas missed his opportunities again, and as good as StK can be defensively we can be better.

With a forward line of Edwards, McKinley (might be dropped), Petrie, and Thomas our backs should have a field day running it out and creating attack.

another 80 point hammering next week :thumbsdown:
goodluck next week not that u guys are gonna need it :(

Won't be 80 points, you guys have improved.
Spewing you couldn't put st kilda away :mad:

Out: Sidebottom, Buckley (if injured)

In: Johnson, Goldsack

Krakouer gets reprieve due to Ugle being nowhere hear AFL level and the lack of other options.

Won't be 80 points, you guys have improved.
Spewing you couldn't put st kilda away :mad:

Out: Sidebottom, Buckley (if injured)

In: Johnson, Goldsack

Krakouer gets reprieve due to Ugle being nowhere hear AFL level and the lack of other options.

Why would you say Ugle is nowhere near ready for AFL Level?

Why would you say Ugle is nowhere near ready for AFL Level?

Just my opinion mate, he hasn't even been close to getting named amongst best in VFL.
But we definitely have something to work with there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back