Preview AFL Round 16 - Coll vs NM -Prematch Discussion, Lozza's Preview post130, Teams post 153

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AFL Round 16 - Collingwood vs NM - Selection and Prematch Discussion

If Lindsay Thomas is not dropped I would like us to imply a game plan called the 'Guy Richards' where a player is purposely left on there lonesome due to the fact that having the ball in the hands of said player would be a benefit to the opposition. Of course we could only use this in North's attacking 50. Give Heath Shaw the Thomas match up and allowing to play as an extra loose man in defence. Thomas's kicking for goal this year is something for the history books.

Re: AFL Round 16 Coll vs NM Selection and Prematch Discussion

Outs: Swan, Thomas, Cloke, Dawes

Ins: Primetime Pricey, Optimax, Trade Draft and ShawThing 09.

We would win by 10 goals with those inclusions.

In all seriousness i dont expect any more then 2 changes.

Dawes is out already. Can see Rounds playing again but not as a sub. Keep Fasolo in.

May as well give Keefe a crack down back and move either Reid or Tazza to the square. Should still be good enough to win with a little tinkering with our current formation

Re: Changes for RD 15 vs North

In: Young, Johnson, McCarthy
Out: Buckley, Sidebottom, Fasolo

Play Rounds & Young from the get go. If not Young, probably go the safe option and bring in Goldsack. Play Johnno as the sub. I think McCarthy gives us plenty, he was pretty good in the VFL from what I saw too. I think Fasolo will be good & he showed a bit again, but still wouldn't mind holding him back and giving him more time in the VFL.
Buckley was poor, I thought. Decision making was terrible. Sidey looks flat, his kicking has been letting him down of late too. Give him a run in the twos to find some touch. Krak wasn't great either, but still not ready to drop him yet.

I don't think we'll be able to drop Sidebottom now that Dawes is injured.

Revised:

IN: Macaffer, Johnson, Goldsack
OUT: Buckley, Dawes, Fasolo

Still go with Johnno as the sub, having Goldsack in the team allows us to potentially free up Tarrant to play forward. Wouldn't even be surprised if Mick plays Maxwell up forward in parts, he has done it before with mixed results.
Not really a fan of bringing in Keeffe or Wood in this instance, I think Keeffe was pretty poor against Box Hill anyway.

If Lindsay Thomas is not dropped I would like us to imply a game plan called the 'Guy Richards' where a player is purposely left on there lonesome due to the fact that having the ball in the hands of said player would be a benefit to the opposition. Of course we could only use this in North's attacking 50. Give Heath Shaw the Thomas match up and allowing to play as an extra loose man in defence. Thomas's kicking for goal this year is something for the history books.

Problem is Lindsay really is due a big one. Everything else about his game is spot on. Sooner or later, the radar will lock and look out.

Problem is Lindsay really is due a big one. Everything else about his game is spot on. Sooner or later, the radar will lock and look out.

Tooves is the most likely match up for him, and if that match up eventuates Lindsay will be lucky to get a kick.

You guys are playing good footy and his kicking may have cost you games. I am not sure how long you can persist with a forward kicking as poorly as he has. He has made Cloke look like a dead eye dick.

Lindsay's tackling and pressure was first rate last night. Won us a number of situations that turned their forward thrusts into goes for us.

I'm very much still on board with Lindsay. When Azza Edwards came to North his kicking was atrocious. He regularly missed set shots and could barely scrape 40m. With a lot of hard work, he's now a very, very reliable shot.

I reckon Lindsay can do the same. Though this is something that happens over a pre-season rather than mid-season I think.

Yeah Thomas has actually been playing fairly well apart from his kicking (which is the most important part of his game being a forward). It's a little surprising that he's still struggling this far into the season. It seems like his radar will be off until the season is over, it's obviously a huge hurdle to get over mentally.

Bring in Keefe to play back with Tarrant forward and Dawes out. Leave Johnson to play another game in the VFL. We know what he has to offer and we shouldn't need it this week. Let Rounds start the game and make someone else the sub (raffle it). If Didak is fit then let him run all day in the midfield in the VFL. McCaffer or Goldsack can come in for Buckley.

Shattered Dawes is injured:(:(

He might not be playing as well as he was early on in the year but he makes a good partner for Cloke.Gonna be interesting to see how Cloke goes now as teams might start to double team him alot more.

Shattered Dawes is injured:(:(

He might not be playing as well as he was early on in the year but he makes a good partner for Cloke.Gonna be interesting to see how Cloke goes now as teams might start to double team him alot more.
He's been double teamed for the best part of the month

The worse was against Hawthorn where Cloke had his own personal loose man plonked in front of him. I know Hale is useless but he is a rather large player to completely not see

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dawes' injury wont hurt you too much im still tipping us to lose by 50. If we are competitive and keep the margin under 30 i would take that as i win from our view.

Will be business as usual for the Pies unfortunately, as others have said a loss by around 3-4 goals would be a great sign of improvement for our club.

So shattered we let the Saints game slip :(

No Dawes. No worries.
You will probably try Tarrant there for your supporters enjoyment.
Maybe even Ben Reid might go forward.
Either way even if we keep Cloke quiet which wont happen and hell easily kick 5 goals due to overwhelming supply and your halfforwards and mids will get in on the action too.
I can see Sidebottom, Didak if he plays, Swan, Ball, Wellingham all enjoy multiple goals.
You will probably blow the game out to 40 then 60 and then que in the rack North a couple of late ones and we go down by 44 points.
All in all 50-55 thousand get to the G see a decent contest and go home.

Plus we know how much you hate Essendon, St.Kilda and Richmond so if you help us out with an upset;);) we can edge them out of the 8.:thumbsu:

But yeh Swan, Pendles and Davis will have a day out. As will Heath Shaw.
And if you play any of your youngsters theyll score a goal or two and get up and about.

And well probably get the better run of the umpiring but our disposal will let us down. I can already picture the quick kicks down the wing initiating the link up play then a quick handball or pass to a Magpie into an open goal.

Outs: Swan, Thomas, Cloke, Dawes

Ins: Primetime Pricey, Optimax, Trade Draft and ShawThing 09.

We would win by 10 goals with those inclusions.

and what would their roles be ?

would they have a tooves like following, derision followed by cult like, or do we play them once then put them for trade at years end ?

and who would we get - lindsay thomas ?

Out: Dawes, Krakouer/Sidebottom (One of them needs a rest, we could bring in a new kid and see how he goes.

In: McCarthy, Seedsman/Ugle.

I would go with Keefe instead of McCarthy, but he was hobbling around at the end of the VFL game last weekend. If Johnson had of been back for another game in the VFL before last week then I'd have him straight in, but since he's getting older and it was a repeat injury I'd give him another run in the VFL and possibly emergency him for the AFL side. I'm saying Ugle or Seedsman because they are both progressing along well in the VFL, and they both had great games last weekend. I wouldn't take both in for the same game, but bring one in this week, then maybe bring the other depending on form and availibility, bring the other in for the GC game. Sidebottom and Krakouer could be omitted, they need a rest and are having a bit of a form slump right now. I'd favour Sidebottom to be omitted, and Krakouer to don the green vest.

I am really looking forward to this game. I am not expecting a win so it sort of gives the opportunity to see how well we can compete and not be so worried about winning or losing.

Not sure the Dawes out will affect you much.

I think we will bring in some kids to get some more pace back and just have a solid crack

Will be business as usual for the Pies unfortunately, as others have said a loss by around 3-4 goals would be a great sign of improvement for our club.

So shattered we let the Saints game slip :(

tell me about it. i backed the roos to make the 8 after rnd 4 at a nice price. win over the saints would have been absolutely crucial altho i still think they will sneak in

pies changes for this week - out: dawes in: macaffer

johnson must be close if his hammy is ok too. not sure who makes way though. i wuold like to see fasolo get the chance to play a 2nd game in a row, while rounds also deserves a chance at a full game after being the sub 1st up. maybe sidebootm or krakouer could get a week off ahead of the carl game

and what would their roles be ?

would they have a tooves like following, derision followed by cult like, or do we play them once then put them for trade at years end ?

and who would we get - lindsay thomas ?

Pricey in the guts ferreting the ball out
Shawthing a dashing half back
Me zipping around at half forward drilling the ball low and hard to the man TradeDraft as a lead up full forward

Pricey in the guts ferreting the ball out
Shawthing a dashing half back
Me zipping around at half forward drilling the ball low and hard to the man TradeDraft as a lead up full forward

Correct on all fronts. Future in coaching for you mate :thumbsu:

will be at the game and expecting quite a thumping. minimum 60pts

will be at the game and expecting quite a thumping. minimum 60pts

Well rooboy, on paper yes.

But the really great thing about AFL footy is that you never know.

Look just last week, Essendon beat Geelong, Adelaide beat Sydney, when they'd both been playing terribly.

And you guys haven't been playing badly at all...four wins on the trot ( admittedly not great teams I guess) and then a very creditable loss to the Saints, who'd come to play from what i saw.

Our structure will be affected with the loss of Dawes, and though he hasn't done a super lot of late, he still provides great structure and definitely the attention he draws allows Cloke more room.

No coincidence, IMO, that Cloke is having his best year yet, with the emergence of Dawes.

We are lucky there's hot competition for spots in the team, so no-one is ever going to complacently coast along too much.

We definitely should win, but you never 100% know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back