Preview AFL Round 16 - Coll vs NM -Prematch Discussion, Lozza's Preview post130, Teams post 153

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to hear:thumbsu:

But will he play forward or back?

My guess is he'll start forward, and if he struggles there, then Reid or Taz will move forward and Lachie will go back.

He doesn't have to do a lot up forward, just make a contest every now and then to take at least his opponent away from Travis Cloke.

Dawes said himself that once he broke his hand last week he was basically instructed to play as a decoy forward, just taking some of the attention away from the best forward in the game at the moment.

He'll do fine I reckon, he is a decent mark, and he certainly isn't timid when it comes to attacking a contest.:)

Lachie Keefe is definitely playing. His parents and sisters are heading down to Melbourne from Gympie this weekend.

Good luck Lachie.

How do you know This?

My guess is he'll start forward, and if he struggles there, then Reid or Taz will move forward and Lachie will go back.

He doesn't have to do a lot up forward, just make a contest every now and then to take at least his opponent away from Travis Cloke.

Dawes said himself that once he broke his hand last week he was basically instructed to play as a decoy forward, just taking some of the attention away from the best forward in the game at the moment.

He'll do fine I reckon, he is a decent mark, and he certainly isn't timid when it comes to attacking a contest.:)

This,:thumbsu: if I had to guess his main priority would be to make a contest and bust the packs. Not to kick goals but to free up CLoke to do what he does best.

Good simple game plan for a first gamer!

@AFL_PKeane:

Final team Coll v NM. Int; Rounds, Keeffe, Buckley, Fasolo. Em; McCarlthy, Young, Seedsman. Keeffe in for Dawes

No Real Suprise and Young is coming Mr.Emergency.

Be intresting who does not play Tommorow in the VFL

Very interesting selections this week by both teams. Collingwood probably fielding their weakest team of the year and North fielding probably it's strongest.

I think Collingwood by only 35:eek:

Very interesting selections this week by both teams. Collingwood probably fielding their weakest team of the year and North fielding probably it's strongest.

I think Collingwood by only 35:eek:

Yep really looking forward to Keeffes debut. Who do you think will get the defensive match up on him? Not too many 204cm forwards around. Also keen to see Rounds given another game hopefully not as the sub. We havn't had too many debutants the last two seasons so it's exciting to see a few new faces.

Yep really looking forward to Keeffes debut. Who do you think will get the defensive match up on him? Not too many 204cm forwards around. Also keen to see Rounds given another game hopefully not as the sub. We havn't had too many debutants the last two seasons so it's exciting to see a few new faces.

I dare say Rounds would play the Full game and Sub would be Fasolo or Buckley.

Who would be the 2nd Ruck Brown or Keeffe?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who would be the 2nd Ruck Brown or Keeffe?

Leeroy's role won't change much, either will Jolly's.

Both will be the rucks, with Keefe maybe doing some ruckwork up forward, or down back if he is moved there later in the game.

I like your choice for sub also, mine would be Buckley, he seems to struggle to run out full games at the moment, so maybe a quarter or two may be perfect for him.

This game just took on greater meaning, top spot officially up for grabs, and with a game in hand on the Cats.:)

Heard some talk that people think this is the weakest team Collingwood has fielded this season, surely you guys had a weaker team against Melbourne and you know what you did to them.

Hope you guys go easy on us this week and keep it at a five goal game, a little worried that this is our first game at the MCG this year.

Heard some talk that people think this is the weakest team Collingwood has fielded this season, surely you guys had a weaker team against Melbourne and you know what you did to them.

Hope you guys go easy on us this week and keep it at a five goal game, a little worried that this is our first game at the MCG this year.
Yeah that's true, the line up we had against Melb would have to be our weakest this season. No Jolly, Swan, Thomas plus Beams and Johnson were out then as well. Our midfield was looking very thin going into that game.

Yeah that's true, the line up we had against Melb would have to be our weakest this season. No Jolly, Swan, Thomas plus Beams and Johnson were out then as well. Our midfield was looking very thin going into that game.

Difference being we have 3 players in the side now with less than 4 games experience between them, and even with that small number you start to lose the veterency that you need. Still think think it's weaker than the QB match.

Missing this week: Brown, Dawes, Macaffer, Beams, Johnson.

Missing on QB was: Brown, Jolly, Swan, Thomas, Beams, Johnson, Macaffer.

Bottom 5 this week: Fasolo, Rounds, Keefe, Buckley, Krak / Blair?

Bottom 5 on QB was: Fasolo, Wood, Goldsack, McCarthy, Buckley

I'd say QB was weaker. But this is definitely one of the weaker lineups, not so much for players missing, but for kids in the side. Should be a decent match. :thumbsu:

Missing this week: Brown, Dawes, Macaffer, Beams, Johnson.

Missing on QB was: Brown, Jolly, Swan, Thomas, Beams, Johnson, Macaffer.

Bottom 5 this week: Fasolo, Rounds, Keefe, Buckley, Krak / Blair?

Bottom 5 on QB was: Fasolo, Wood, Goldsack, McCarthy, Buckley

I'd say QB was weaker. But this is definitely one of the weaker lineups, not so much for players missing, but for kids in the side. Should be a decent match. :thumbsu:
I can only hope it is a decent match, you magpies are pretty well drilled outfit, no matter who is in the side.

I'm going to the game tomorrow :)

Haven't been for a few rounds so hopefully the boys can put on a good show. Hoping Clokey can kick a bag again and not miss one from 10 metres again :p I think we'll win by about 45 points.

And Pendles to rack up 40 touches and 150+ SC points (He's my captain this week:p)

On a side note how do you guys think he would be doing in the Brownlow so far? Remember watching it last year and he was getting votes for games I didn't expect him to get one vote.This year he has been very consistent with those kinda games.

Dave at the footy today, you told me you had rels coming out from the UK...you said you weren't a pom...you sure?? :)

Back to the game, I'll be interested how Cloke goes without Dawes, and where they play Keefe..if they play him FF, or a direct swap for Dawes, that probably disrupts the team balance the least.

Hope that's what they do. North are a good team now , am expecting a very good game.

Reminder: Game starts at 1:10

OK, I shouldn't be late now.

Still feeling as confident as I was earlier in the week, hope Keeffe has a good debut and can play well enough to string a few games together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back