MRP / Trib. AFL Round 17 charges - Bartel offered one-week ban, Podsiadly offered reprimand

Remove this Banner Ad

So if we accept Pods will have 92.75 carry over points and Jimmy will have 87.
Got to fight both of these even if we loose it will get the carry overs down to 25 each.

Pods is a free swing as it looked like he twinged a hammy and a two week freshen up for Jimmy might be just the thing he needs before the finals

Jim will have 50 points carried over I think.

Still, I agree we should appeal both, just not use whoever we've been using so far for our defense.

On a side note, what kind of info is the Adelaide medical team putting forward?
The bump on Douglas wouldn't have knocked the skin off of a custard and the bump on Laird was all to the shoulder and they used the concussion rule to keep three players on the bench to keep rotations

Jim will have 50 points carried over I think.

Still, I agree we should appeal both, just not use whoever we've been using so far for our defense.

Yes you're right Hoffy95 was totalled at 250 so will have 50 carry overs

250 demerit points?!?!!?!?!?!?! Are you ******* kidding me? Another load of **** from the flogs at the MRP. Don't see how other team supporters think that we whine over nothing when it comes to the MRP. Sick of the bullshit we cop week in, week out from them.

You actually think the tribunal is more than a rubber stamp for whatever absurdities the Kangaroo Court decides?

Have been a few occasions when they over ruled Hodge on Henderson and Glass when his advocate talked the tribunal into submission

So basically, standing your ground is out, as is trying to dispossess an opponent. However breaking someone's jaw is fine, so too is punching someone in the throat.

Out of interest, can anyone remember who was the last Geelong player cited and then got off?

Maybe our best chance to get the decision overturned is to get that Senator from Texas who did that 13 hour filibuster last month to talk on Jimmy's behalf - just get her to start talking and to continue to talk about anything, because surely after a few others they will find Jimmy not-guilty just to get her to shut up so they can all go home.

I think all decent and fair-minded footy fans need to demonstrate in front wherever this bullshit MRP takes place!! :mad::mad:
Or how about a petition or something? I am sick and tired of bending over and taking it from these incompetent morons. If no push back presented they have no idea how pissed off and jilted we really are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My memory of the incident was Bartel stopped himself and the player cannoned into him ( I have not seen a replay), at the time I thought Bartel had done well to avoid a potentially dangerous situation. Shows what I know.

Unbelievable.

Should appeal.

We need Jimmy for the North game though.

Tough decision.

We have been completely stitched up by the MRP all year. Any shred of respect I had for the powers of the game has vanished.

415472-hey-hey-it-039-s-saturday.jpg
Chook Lotto implies that there is some element of chance.

There is no chance.

Minor incident with Cats player = suspension.

Serious incident with Hawk = no suspension and/or not reviewed.

My memory of the incident was Bartel stopped himself and the player cannoned into him ( I have not seen a replay), at the time I thought Bartel had done well to avoid a potentially dangerous situation. Shows what I know.

Your memory is accurate. That's exactly what happened.

Jimmy's suspension is just bullshit. I cannot believe it. Mark Fraser and his MRP are a disgrace. Remember Fraser when he played was one of the biggest soft ***** going around and his MRP form shows that.

Can anyone explain how what Jimmy did was any different to what Dawson did to Stokesy.

We must challenge this for the good of footy.

But Jimmy must wear a Hawthorn issue tie to the hearing its the only way he will get off.

Or how about a petition or something? I am sick and tired of bending over and taking it from these incompetent morons. If no push back presented they have no idea how pissed off and jilted we really are.

Trouble is - you're screwed on this stuff. Aussies love the tall poppy syndrome. They're all comfortable with Geelong copping a pounding; the bullshite about Selwood ducking; the too old, too slow; Kelly being a dirty player; they're time has come - and the AFL are playing that to a tee. They have tried a system of football communism with the draft and it has failed to beat Geelong. They tried all they could in 2010/11 and they failed. They need clubs at the bottom to get credibility and rather than rewarding them for building a good culture and structures like Sydney and Geelong, and yes, Whorethorn, they see it as easier to chuck free players at the minnows and obstacles in the way of the champions.

AFL desperately need a minnow team to come through but in the meantime they'll share it around between some teams who haven't won it for a few years. All the club can do is bend over, take it and put another of our 35 AFL worthy players (developed with no pick higher than 7 for 15 years) on the field and give their pets another flogging.

Now of course Jimmy Bartel will have "a bad record", just like those other filthy players ... Selwood, Kelly, Corey. They should aspire to being good guys like Rioli and Judd

So if we accept Pods will have 92.75 carry over points and Jimmy will have 87.
Got to fight both of these even if we loose it will get the carry overs down to 25 each.

Pods is a free swing as it looked like he twinged a hammy and a two week freshen up for Jimmy might be just the thing he needs before the finals
The carry over points end up what it's all about at this time of year, so couldn't agree more... Let's try our luck!

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. AFL Round 17 charges - Bartel offered one-week ban, Podsiadly offered reprimand

Remove this Banner Ad

Back