Preview AFL Round 5 - Collingwood v Essendon - Changes and Prematch Discussion - Team # 236

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AFL Round 5 - Collingwood v Essendon - Changes and Prematch Discussion

True.

What does the attitude at the club seem like? Obviously things arent tracking as planned, but is there any sense of panic or is it more caution without being too concerned?

I can't see the pies falling into the trap of complacency when things are going well, nor can i see them losing the plot when things arent perfect either.

We will see tomorrow the attitude at the club. Actions speak loudest.

Interesting marley williams is a chance to play... hope he gets a crack, he should be good in the wet and i love his aggression

If true... Yes Yes Yes!

Love the Ugez, keep hearing how well he's doing in the VFL and can't wait to see him in action. His tackling pressure will be enourmous to us.

And surprised but excited to see Marley Williams play, saw some good things during the NAB cup but haven't really followed him in the VFL.

Wonder which outs there are going to be...

god I've been loving this attitude all year :thumbsu:

If we play at our best we win by 10 goals, but, we're a long way from our best at present, but we should be good enough still IMO.

Didnt this exact same thing happen last year before u fell in a heap later in the year?

You mean when Stanton, Watson & Hurley got injured, and Hocking got suspended? Or when Dempsey and Winderlich did their ACLs? Or when Hooker missed the second half of the year? Or Colyer, Lonergan, Prismall and Pears missing large sections? Hibberd getting injured and suspended?

Nah, didn't expect most of that. But who expects injuries? We seem to be going ok at the moment. Just a few niggles to get sorted.

You mean when Stanton, Watson & Hurley got injured, and Hocking got suspended? Or when Dempsey and Winderlich did their ACLs? Or when Hooker missed the second half of the year? Or Colyer, Lonergan, Prismall and Pears missing large sections? Hibberd getting injured and suspended?

Nah, didn't expect most of that. But who expects injuries? We seem to be going ok at the moment. Just a few niggles to get sorted.

You just need to work on your soft tissue injuries, we have acl's to worry about.

You just need to work on your soft tissue injuries, we have acl's to worry about.

Aye. Plus your injuries are to key players. We are only really missing Hurley, while you'll have Shaw, Ball, Thomas, Reid, Tarrant, etc out. That's a fair slice of your midfield and backline.

If we can't beat you tomorrow we won't get a better chance for a while.

If I gave a toss about the ladder and points this time of the year - I'd be hoping the Essendond filth get two flukes away in a row and beat your sorry arsed lot - because we all know these clowns will roll over like the puppies they are in due course..;)

however - I dont think you will be playing with no rotations for 4 quarters and 3 players on one leg for the whole game - so bury them good and proper - look out for the cheap shots using all the new found muscle - its Essendon for 'tough'

Can't wait for this game, feel confident if we get a good win this round we'll really kick on and be in great condition for Geelong in round 8 and could possibly go unbeaten until after the bye where we really will have to show our strength.

Didn't expect to get a ticket but got restricted view, Q56 underneath or near the scoreboard I believe.. anyone know what it's like there? I've sat restricted twice before but never there, so i'm hoping it's ok.

Anyway being there is all that matters, my first ANZAC match and i'm so excited! My heart says Collingwood by 10 goals, my head says Collingwood by 2.

Can't wait for this game, feel confident if we get a good win this round we'll really kick on and be in great condition for Geelong in round 8 and could possibly go unbeaten until after the bye where we really will have to show our strength.

Didn't expect to get a ticket but got restricted view, Q56 underneath or near the scoreboard I believe.. anyone know what it's like there? I've sat restricted twice before but never there, so i'm hoping it's ok.

Anyway being there is all that matters, my first ANZAC match and i'm so excited! My heart says Collingwood by 10 goals, my head says Collingwood by 2.

A mate of mine sat up near the scoreboard for the Grand Final replay in the restricted view seats, and he said sometimes the forward pocket at that end was blocked out, but that the rest of the ground was easily visible.

I'd rather have your seat then be one of the Pies fans stuck at home watching it on TV.

Oh, by the way, where are we all sitting tomorrow? M15, Row E for me.:thumbsu::D

Kirk ugles family are flying over to watch his first game tomorrow? He hasn't even been playing well in the vfl?

A mate of mine sat up near the scoreboard for the Grand Final replay in the restricted view seats, and he said sometimes the forward pocket at that end was blocked out, but that the rest of the ground was easily visible.

I'd rather have your seat then be one of the Pies fans stuck at home watching it on TV.

Oh, by the way, where are we all sitting tomorrow? M15, Row E for me.:thumbsu::D

Ah that doesn't sound too bad then. At the Carlton game the other week there was a massive rail blocking my view but there wasn't much to see anyway :p

Usually sit GA and missed a few big games last season that were all ticketed, but the tactic this year is to purchase restricted view and just hope the seats aren't too bad, ends up only being a couple of dollars more expensive for a huge game that way!

I agree 100% though, i'd be there even if half the field was blocked, the experience and atmosphere can't be matched on tv!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kirk ugles family are flying over to watch his first game tomorrow? He hasn't even been playing well in the vfl?

Wet weather footy will suit the little guys like Marley, Ugle. I think the gamble of playing them could pay off if in fact they are named :thumbsu:

So if browndog, Ugle coming in could we say that paine and bucks go out? Also if willo and dids play who goes out? Young? Probably won't see Sinclair go out after the wrap bucks gave him and seedy would be very stiff...
Also for you guys buying restricted viewing tickets, if half the ground is blocked, get there a little early and stand in the Olympic stand level 1, that's what I did the anzac day medders tore them apart!

Nate Brown named, Didak and Marley Williams a chance according to bucks. Also ugle trained with the main group.

120424_marley300.jpg

looks pretty keen.

Please tell me his name isn't pronounced Ugly, because he's by no means a pretty man.

Any of the Pie's supporters care to indulge me and take a guess at the in's and out's for tomorrow? I've been in a state all day at work waiting for the day to end.

Going to be some interesting outs I reckon...are we thinking...

In - Brown (certainty), Didak (almost certainty), Ugle/Williams/possibly both?

Out - ??? Buckley, Young, Seedsman???

Going to be some interesting outs I reckon...are we thinking...

In - Brown (certainty), Didak (almost certainty), Ugle/Williams/possibly both?

Out - ??? Buckley, Young, Seedsman???

In - Brown, Wood, Ugle, Marley

Out - Jolly (sore), Paine, Young, Buckley

Didnt this exact same thing happen last year before u fell in a heap later in the year?

yep, that's exactly what happened. Apart from losing games early that we haven't lost this year of course, but you can probably take it to the bank that it will happen again because it happened last year. Improvement in fitness and skills and change in general are usually myths ;)

If we play at our best we win by 10 goals.

deja vu again. If you lose it will just be an off day. I gotta tell ya though, it's unbelievable how lucky we are, because a lot of teams have an off day against us.

But it's just like with Carlton. If you come to play you'll thrash us. If you lose, well, you just didn't bring it.

I'm hugely sceptical about Ugle. Sure he kicked 4 in the game on 3 April but if you watch the footage, 2 (possibly 3) of them were hand offs where he got goal side of everyone else and was running in with little or no pressure...that won't happen tomorrow.

He only kicked 1 in each game the following 2 weeks and was quiet. He then didn't play on the weekend.

For mine, he has not done enough but then again neither had Sinclair. I much prefer Marley over both these two. Marley is aggressive, footy smart and gets to the right spots. Ugle is extremely one dimensional and I can't see room for both Sinclair and Ugle so if one comes in, the other must miss.

Dids wont play

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/133342/default.aspx

He has that dinner to go to, and look who else is going. Thomas and Shaw, who are also not playing.

Thus, we can rule him out :p
I fail to see how Dids speaking at a function at Diamond Creek on Thursday 26/4 will in any way prevent him from playing for the Pies on ANZAC day.

deja vu again. If you lose it will just be an off day. I gotta tell ya though, it's unbelievable how lucky we are, because a lot of teams have an off day against us.

But it's just like with Carlton. If you come to play you'll thrash us. If you lose, well, you just didn't bring it.

Lance UC, you have a lot of people here respecting you so far this season. I'm definitely thinking you guys should be favorites on current form.

Essendon is finally playing a game style that hird wants them to play, its takes a couple of preseasons to fine tune so you guys are well on your way to making inroads to finals this year :thumbsu:

A lot of upside as well with so many quality players to come back.

Your pace will worry us but i think if we can control the tempo it will cause you problems. I also think Flecther wont play being 4 day turn around so that will be an advantage to us.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back