Preview AFL Round 5 - Collingwood v Essendon - Changes and Prematch Discussion - Team # 236

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AFL Round 5 - Collingwood v Essendon - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Lance UC, you have mine and lot of other people respecting you so far this season. I'm definitely thinking you guys should be favorites on current form.

Essendon is finally playing a game style that hird wants them to play, its takes a couple of preseasons to fine tune so you guys are well on your way to making inroads to finals this year :thumbsu:

A lot of upside as well with so many quality players to come back.

Your pace will worry us but i think if we can control the tempo it will cause you problems. I also think Flecther wont play being 4 day turn around so that will be an advantage to us.

Good luck

we are going to miss Hurley big time, and if Fletch misses we could be in strife. But hey, it's not like we can use injuries as an excuse against one of the few teams that genuinely have a worse injury list than us!

What will the weather do? Who will handle the 4 day back-up? Gawd it's exciting! Good luck to you too :thumbsu:

I'm hugely sceptical about Ugle. Sure he kicked 4 in the game on 3 April but if you watch the footage, 2 (possibly 3) of them were hand offs where he got goal side of everyone else and was running in with little or no pressure...that won't happen tomorrow.

He only kicked 1 in each game the following 2 weeks and was quiet. He then didn't play on the weekend.

For mine, he has not done enough but then again neither had Sinclair. I much prefer Marley over both these two. Marley is aggressive, footy smart and gets to the right spots. Ugle is extremely one dimensional and I can't see room for both Sinclair and Ugle so if one comes in, the other must miss.

Ugle is not 1 Dimensional as he plays small forward and in the Midfield at VFL and Tackles very well.

Unlike Sinclair he is a very good user of the Ball

I fail to see how Dids speaking at a function at Diamond Creek on Thursday 26/4 will in any way prevent him from playing for the Pies on ANZAC day.

It was sarcasm.

Marley will play. I don't know if Ugle will. I don't think he''s ready just yet. Williams has a bigger body and is much harder at the contest, he may just be what we are looking for in terms on an in and under player. he will take time to work his way up to big chunks in the midfield but he can play there in bursts and rest in the forward line.. know how to kick a goal too. hope he plays!

My changes would be...

IN: Brown (certain), Williams (Big Chance), Didak (Should play as Sub), Wood (Maybe)

OUT: Young, Seedsman, Sinclair, Jolly (Rest)

Scott Pendlebury said:
Great to have Nathan brown back!

Worked so hard and now gets his reward.

Sorry if it's out there already. Straight from facebook for me.

So this means Willo has been elevated pretty much!

I assume this will be announced on The Club tonight :p

Rumour going around that Jolly will miss with a groin.

Would not be surprised, there was talk about him missing due to the short turnaround.

My Cousin that is playing in the game for Essendon is giving me two tickets to the match as a Birthday present because he can't make my party :thumbsu::D.

Have no idea where i'm sitting yet but i'll be wearing our 2011 Alternate guernsey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Cousin that is playing in the game for Essendon is giving me two tickets to the match as a Birthday present because he can't make my party :thumbsu::D
Meh, you should have asked for him to knock out Jobe Watson accidentally at training.:p:D

Meh, you should have asked for him to knock out Jobe Watson accidentally at training.:p:D

Too bad that tactic doesn't work with Mitch Robinson. If only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back