Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Do these nuffies know that the Webster dog just laughed at clarko when he was going off at him and calling him the apparently the most horrible slur ********er? Oh it looked like it really hurt Webster's feelings, he looked so troubled, poor guy. He may need therapy after that.

Webster didn't even give a shit that he may have ruined sympkin life forever but hey let's ignore that

This whole thing has exposed how easily people are strung along by social pressures or anything the media says. No one has any of their own thoughts anymore, its sad

When was the last time a senior coach was suspended? I can't think of any in the last 33 years I've been following the game. Is Clarko going to be the first? Surely not

Is c***sucker really what he said? Ok, if that is now homophobic I’ll stick to more neutral terms like a***er or a**licker.
I'll painfully spell it out for you if it helps.

By saying CS you're implying that the person sucks dick, and that that is a bad thing. The fact that he is using it as an insult proves that. If it wasn't a slur/insult then he wouldn't of used it.

With that said I just don't think it's serious enough to be 'punished' for. An apology, which he has already done should be the end of it.

By saying CS you're implying that the person sucks dick, and that that is a bad thing. The fact that he is using it as an insult proves that. If it wasn't a slur/insult then he wouldn't of used it.

With that said I just don't think it's serious enough to be 'punished' for. An apology, which he has already done should be the end of it.
Yeah, I understand just fine.

That is why I proposed some neutral alternatives.

I do question how many people reflexively take the term as homophobic though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I understand just fine.

That is why I proposed some neutral alternatives.

I do question how many people reflexively take the term as homophobic though.
think about why you don't want to be called a CS, the first thing that pops into your head, and maybe you'll get it then

By that standard, do you think any coach or media personality (or actually anybody in our daily lives) that uses the words ‘dumb’, ‘stupid’ or ‘idiot’ in regards to a player or the action of a player, should be made to apologise, given that these terms have historically been used to label people with intellectual and development disabilities.

Anyone else note the irony of those defending Clarko doing so on a website where the term can't be spelt out without the poster being suspended? (including Ligma, with the cunning zero)
No. Mother f*cker, d*ckhead, b*tch, s*it, c*nt, d**che bag, w*nker, son of a b*tch, etc aren't allowed either.

By that standard, do you think any coach or media personality (or actually anybody in our daily lives) that uses the words ‘dumb’, ‘stupid’ or ‘idiot’ in regards to a player or the action of a player, should be made to apologise, given that these terms have historically been used to label people with intellectual and development disabilities.
it's an interesting point. But Clarko is not in the right here

I really hate it when flogs like Grand Uncle Horace come on to our board with I come in peace bs and the pretence of reasoned discussion meanwhile they tear strips off us on main board with pure vitriol and relentless North bashing.

Last one to do it was one of those Collingwood flogs in the Tarryn Thomas thread. Sth of the Yarra? If I'm not mistaken.

Run VS was another one. Serial North hater.

Bunch of flogs. Rant over.

Looking forward to Thursday night when the Swans stupidly (apologies to stupid people out there) turn the ball over at a crucial moment in the game and Longmire yells "FUUUUUGGGGKKKK" down the phone. That's a Level 3 swear word and surely he gets fined. If he does it more than once that's a suspension.

Also, I haven't ever heard Clarkson say the word he apparently said. In fact, if I hadn't read it multiple times in the media, neither I or anyone else who wasn't in the direct area at the time, would have a clue that it was said at all. If the word is so offensive, why do people in the media keep saying it?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back