Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I long for the day when this thread is just about how good a coach Clarko is, feels like we had a couple of weeks honeymoon period when he was appointed and it's been a bin fire since then. The sooner Webster faces the tribunal the better, let's put this behind us and play football… next week.

Last edited:
I knew reading this last month would come in handy 😂

Interesting how this has evolved isn't it?
Someone leaks that Clarko said a bad word, Clarko apologises, everything seems alright, can't have that.
Someone then leaks "Oh no Clarko actually said MULTIPLE bad words, not just one.
Heat turns up.

Interesting how this has evolved isn't it?
Someone leaks that Clarko said a bad word, Clarko apologises, everything seems alright, can't have that.
Someone then leaks "Oh no Clarko actually said MULTIPLE bad words, not just one.
Heat turns up.
Apparently Clarko told them their mothers were all hamsters and their fathers smelt of elderberries.

think about why you don't want to be called a CS, the first thing that pops into your head, and maybe you'll get it then
What point are you trying to make? I understand why the term is taken as homophobic. I think that is demonstrated by both of my posts so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else note the irony of those defending Clarko doing so on a website where the term can't be spelt out without the poster being suspended? (including Ligma, with the cunning zero)
That's to protect advertising revenue. Any swearing and a bunch of other terms are censored for Google Ads.

Imagine if we had the maturity as a collective to say "that's a phrase that actually has more homophobic undertones than most of us realise, and it should be a good lesson for us all to re- think what is acceptable. Let's keep that in mind and move on with this new found wisdom". Then we could acknowledge Clarko's apology and get the **** over it.

Clarkson said the wrong thing. On a technicality, it can be labelled a gay slur (not sure it qualifies as homophobic in terms of dictionary definitions).

It’s not a big deal; an indiscretion that in a ‘workplace’ in 2024 gets a reprimand and maybe a small fine. Accept that.

Of course - The media will make more of it without genuinely believing it needs more…., because - media/clicks/eyeballs/more journalists than content, etc. It will fill the void for a day or two. And the great unwashed will lap it up as a distraction from the CPI.

Then, when the Webster penalty is handed down, that will rightly take over as the ‘news’/talking point. Then, thank Christ, the actual games will start and this will all be yesterdays page-filler (assuming, fingers crossed, Jai is ok).

That’s the AFL/media ‘circle of life’. No need to get too heated up about it. Just avoid the footy media for a couple of days (or better yet, for good) and then we can get back to Northball.

No one will remember any of this when we win the flag and are chugging the champagne like true Corksuckers.

I long for the day when this thread is just about how good a coach Clarko is, feels like we had a couple of weeks honeymoon period when he was appointed and it's been a bin fire since then. The sooner Webster faces tribunal the better, let's put this behind us and play football… next week.
Agree. Feels like there is always something bobbing up every freaking few weeks!

As I’ve said previously, it’s going to be a long season if Clarko can’t keep his emotions in check in public and behind closed doors. Fine line for him. Let’s hope there’s no chair throwing in the first few rounds! ;)

Agree. Feels like there is always something bobbing up every freaking few weeks!

As I’ve said previously, it’s going to be a long season if Clarko can’t keep his emotions in check in public and behind closed doors. Fine line for him. Let’s hope there’s no chair throwing in the first few rounds! ;)
He'd just seen Jy lying semi-comatose though. Id excuse his emotional overflow in that context albeit he needs to be more thoughtful with his choice of words.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back