Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

No the coaches will manage them out of the side when they have more depth at their disposal.

At the moment they don’t, so we have to go through the roller coaster of dumb mistakes by players that should be no more than depth.
You mean depth like the 2 x first round draft picks in Dawson and Hardamen that could have come into the defence today to give them a taste? Or our pick 4 who was only used as sub? What’s your plan to build this depth?

Today we should have won by 5 goals plus, that wasn’t on the coach, that was on players making dumb mistakes.

You can’t coach for dumb mistakes.

This side won’t progress until we get more depth and we can weed out the usual momentum sapping potatoes.

The coach can only work with the cattle he has, he just needs more depth around a really talented core.

Generally agree but also it can help if he stops selecting those same dumb players, like our co captain. Because he surely by now sees what we all do.

Generally agree but also it can help if he stops selecting those same dumb players, like our co captain. Because he surely by now sees what we all do.
He doesn’t have much option. We aren’t flushed with depth or experience to bring in.

Give it a few more years and we won’t need to select players like McDonald and Simpkin could play himself into a depth player.

It’s going to take time for this young group to get experience and to acquire the depth needed to succeed.

Clarkson playing the long game. Just need to trust that it turns as this group gets more games together and players push through meaning the players not up to it become depth.

It's not everyone.

its only a few.

and they have likely been waiting for the opportunity to be able to post a bunch of shit about him, opportunity they haven't had because we have either won or played substancially better.

Also one of the go to arguments is about the money he is paid, like we haven';t also paid him to entirely reshape the football department.

The most disappointing thing about today was conceeding 3 goals in 90 seconds and that has to sit on the players.
We have won 3 games we have had plenty of opportunities. Which stats are better? It’s not wins or %.
He doesn’t have much option. We aren’t flushed with depth or experience to bring in.

Give it a few more years and we won’t need to select players like McDonald and Simpkin could play himself into a depth player.

It’s going to take time for this young group to get experience and to acquire the depth needed to succeed.

Clarkson playing the long game. Just need to trust that it turns as this group gets more games together and players push through meaning the players not up to it become depth.
Well that’s simply not true. He chose not to play 3 of our first round picks from last year in today’s game that all would have benefited playing against similar quality opposition. How long is the long game exactly?

We have won 3 games we have had plenty of opportunities. Which stats are better? It’s not wins or %.

Well that’s simply not true. He chose not to play 3 of our first round picks from last year in today’s game that all would have benefited playing against similar quality opposition. How long is the long game exactly?
Name the players from the VFL he should have brought in?

Name the players from the VFL he should have brought in?
Our 3 first rounder picks in Zane, Dawson and Hardman. If we are not planning on getting experience into our higher draft picks in a game like today that meant nothing I am not really sure how you expect them to learn and get better.

Scoring is based on individual moments of brilliance. Absolutely zero system.
You said this under Noble and it was true. Under Clarkson it’s not. How did Teakle go today? His individual brilliance was radiating through the screen!! Curtis could have kicked 7.
We had plenty of opportunities, we butchered them as we have all year.
Remember two years ago when we would kick 6 goals a game between Larkey and Zurharr?

Christ the reactionary nonsense in here is ridiculous.

Can anyone actually recall a move he’s made mid-game that has improved us? Changed momentum? Anything?

Schofield today sent Duggan to LDU, before switching him to Sheez, then sent Trew to LDU, then sent Reid to Powell when Powell got off the leash, then sent Ryan into the middle.

I’ve been quite disappointed by Clarksons matchday coaching. I think he’s been extremely rigid, inflexible and showed a real lack of ideas.

When was the last time he actually out coached someone?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone actually recall a move he’s made mid-game that has improved us? Changed momentum? Anything?

Schofield today sent Duggan to LDU, before switching him to Sheez, then sent Trew to LDU, then sent Reid to Powell when Powell got off the leash, then sent Ryan into the middle.

I’ve been quite disappointed by Clarksons matchday coaching. I think he’s been extremely rigid, inflexible and showed a real lack of ideas.

Last week?

He’s trying to get these guys to play footy that will stand up when it matters.

Do you want him to send players to tag shittrucks?

Schofield didn’t out coach him, his players let him down by playing dumb footy.

Duursma was the sub and lucky to be after he did nothing last week.

Bergman got the gig over Hardeman and Dawson has come back from injury and is still developing.

Wouldn’t hardly say the three of them have been on fire and demanding a game.
So you are not prepared to put games into our first round picks but at the same time you are saying things will change once we flush out the non performing players. I personally don’t see how that happens without playing the kids but hopefully Lmac turns it around in game 202 and we can start improving.

could be another 5 years, maybe even more, but a minimum of 3

So you are not prepared to put games into our first round picks but at the same time you are saying things will change once we flush out the non performing players. I personally don’t see how that happens without playing the kids but hopefully Lmac turns it around in game 202 and we can start improving.
They need to earn games, not gifted them.

One could say gifting games was a part of problem we had under the previous regime.

I want our young players coming in on the back of red hot form, not just because they are young.

They need to earn games, not gifted them.

One could say gifting games was a part of problem we had under the previous regime.

I want our young players coming in on the back of red hot form, not just because they are young.
Fair enough. well I suppose then we will just have to put up with games like today weekly

Turning around a losing culture takes a looong time.
You can be stuck with one for 20 years like *, or have never got rid of one in your entire existence like the Suns.

We just look petrified when we're in winning positions. Everything breaks down and it's been going on for years.
Just have to hope that changes with experience for what's a more talented core group, than we've had for some time.

Have to weed out those who can't outgrow the panicking in tight finishes.

Turning around a losing culture takes a looong time.
You can be stuck with one for 20 years like *, or have never got rid of one in your entire existence like the Suns.

We just look petrified when we're in winning positions. Everything breaks down and it's been going on for years.
Just have to hope that changes with experience for what's a more talented core group, than we've had for some time.

Have to weed out those who can't outgrow the panicking in tight finishes.
& that’s why he gets paid the big ($1M) bucks ….

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back