Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

You know times are tough when you have to agree with Eddie.

**** me North. Look at what you're making us do ffs.

😂

I do rate Eddie by the way. As a commentator, a president, host of the Footy Show & “Mullionaire”..as a bloke. He does well at whatever he has a go at and often thinks outside the square.

I’d poach him across Eugene-style, but he wouldn’t come.

You know times are tough when you have to agree with Eddie.

**** me North. Look at what you're making us do ffs.

If he's right, he's right. Have been very soured recently on the rhetoric coming from our 'senior' players, as though a flag will just happen. As though things will just turn. "Can't wait to lift the silverware with you", says Larkey to Zurhaar.

Make it happen or **** off. A brutal off-season is needed.

Can’t handle that guys tweets they ****in do my head in… as to the comments from Eddie, that’s exactly my (and many here) point. Players need to take a shitload of responsibility here and turn it around
Embarrassing that he represents north fans, his tweets have a weird 90s tv filter on them. But don’t disagree with a lot of the takes

Why do we need Eddie to come out and speak some common sense?

Where is our President, Board, CEO - anyone at all associated with the club likely to say anything at all?

Are they still at work or have they headed straight to holidays with the players to discuss how hard it is to play and work at North?

FFS we need new blood on and off the field - there is a whole competition going of which we are just no where near being a part of.

If he's right, he's right. Have been very soured recently on the rhetoric coming from our 'senior' players, as though a flag will just happen. As though things will just turn. "Can't wait to lift the silverware with you", says Larkey to Zurhaar.

Make it happen or **** off. A brutal off-season is needed.

Arguably further away than ever from silverware. They need to wake up.
I can tolerate honourable losses. Can’t tolerate completely rolling over as we did in the last two games. Most un-shinboner like but meh, that’s what we are now renowned for.
It was made worse by Clarkson writing it off as “nothing to play for”. If he is serious, and seriously the one to fix it, he should never say shit like that.

He started the Hawks press conference smiling. Mate, if not for your own pride against the club that wronged you, do it for the million you’re getting paid. Come on, man.

👎🏼

3rd year next year.
Does he get a pass for 2023 or is the pressure going to be right on him in 2025?

I know the argument is that he only just coached out a full year in 2024 but I do worry the list he has before him is going to be the end of him.

Last edited:
3rd year next year.
Does he get a pass for 2023 or is the pressure can be right on him in 2025?

I know the argument is that he only just coached out a full year in 2024 but I do worry the list he has before him is going to be the end of him.
We need to get some W’s now.
New coaches 2 years grace period finished last Saturday.
Don’t expect to magically make the finals, but won’t accept another 2/3 win season either.

3rd year next year.

If we are 1-10 or 0-11 at the bye with a % of around 60 then Clarko can get ready to pack his bags.

We need a coherent game plan and for the coach to train and pick a side capable of implementing said plan.

So far we haven't seen any of this from Clarko - not even close - and imo he has next year to get this sorted.

If he doesn't have the willingness or ability to do it then move along and let us put in someone who does.

3rd year next year.

Definitely gets a pass for 2023 the Hawks racism investigation was the train wreck that no one saw coming. We saw an improvement this year but that didn’t translate into more wins. Big year next year I have no doubt we’ll still be bottom 4 however if we can get 6 wins then that’s the launching pad for the rise up the ladder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3rd year next year.

If Clarko gets his lot right. Teaching the right game plan and fundamentals for the group he has. Grows team cohesion on and off the field, and instills a high pressure rating. We should get 8 wins next year

3rd year next year.

2023, sure give him a pass due to the racism scandal that effected. him personally.

This year, new coaching staff, new game plan and i see it as scouting year hopefully identifying players strength and weakness with his own eyes but it does beg the question, surely Ratts would have given him a report card on these players.

2025, that's the beginning of his 3rd year and 3 mill in on this investment...lot of pressure on Clarko and if his racism scandal keeps swirling and interfering with his coaching then the board needs to make a stand.

I hope Clarko is mentally in shape so he can design a game plan, discipline and leadership to get us off this f'in ride that we've been on since 2020!!

You don't know David, crikey, I'll come in and explain it to you if you'd like.

Can even draw a diagram or two.

Help Me Comedy GIF by Dead Meat James

No diagrams required

Simply put “football imbeciles” is half this list

Maybe but if the reports that Sleevo had a stern exit meeting, we can only hope Clarko had the same direct message to all the players!
I can’t tell if the WA north crew are already sipping pina coladas in Bali. So I’m probably not going to hold my breath on campaigners actually wanting to go all in this preseason

We simply do not have a mature group that is good enough to be somewhat competitive, I don't know why this is so hard to grasp for people in the media. What is holding us back primary is list size restrictions. Best 18 + Depth + Development is what lists are broken down to. You can be good in two areas, there just isn't enough room to have numbers there to cover all three. Our development list is massive, we have zero depth and a shithouse best 18. That is how you lose so many games.

Clarko isn't at fault that we have no good mature players, there were none when he came in. We have Simpkin and McDonald as 150+ gamers we developed. We brought in Corr, he isn't that great. Shiels was brought in for a few years and we brought in Greenwood, he only played 3 games this year.

Out of our top 10 most experienced players (currently), Shiels, Corr, Tucker, Fisher, Stephenson and Greenwood have been brought into the club in recent times.

It is just very different when a kid walks into Geelong and all the old guys who are playing aren't there because they can't get a game at any other club, they are there because they are good and have been good all their careers and they are consistent performers.

When you combine our general shitness with a lack of defensive grunt, it results in bad losses like this. I said back when we were looking for a coach that Lyon would bring us up to speed a lot faster than Clarko, because he is all about defense, pressure and systems... but he has never won a flag so I wouldn't be holding my breath. Clarko had some hard nuts at Hawthorn when he rolled up there, we are complete marshmallows, our hardest player is our ruckman.

He needed to bring in a Lyonesque assistant who was able to come up with an interim plan between point A (where we are) and point B (where Clarko wants to get to) that was focused on defensive systems, midfield structure pressure footy all over the park. For a period after the bye we played that kind of footy in parts, we just have no conditioning to play this type of footy and we aren't built physically to sustain it.

This pre-season is an important one because we have too many mid-speed skinny blokes who aren't the hardest players, they have been weak links when we did play pressure footy, some can change to be the players we need if they have the desire but some do not look like they have any desire to change for the better.

I don't care who remains at the club or who we bring in, but we need to have a side conditioned to play high pressure footy and we don't have 2-3 years to find out if someone can do it or not. If someone is obviously not going to make it, get rid of them even if they are contracted. I'd rather have the room for a kid that is going to try, even if he isn't going to make it.

He’s been a resounding fail to date.

Going to need to turn it around pretty quickly next year.

Agreed that he should stop talking about his time at Hawks. We really couldn’t give a ****.
yea he should definitely completely forget about the time he won four premierships, totally irrelevant

How about concentrate on effective hand and foot disposal before we run another hundred whatevers
Their neural pathways for the various footballing motor skills would look the same as players on other teams. I've said before that I think we only have two truly bad kickers in the best 23 (three if you include Goater, but he can also hit some corkers), and they're both in our top five most important players. It's predominantly mental and effort-based. They should absolutely run another hundred whatevers, then ride a unicycle up Macaulay Road, then do seven blind turns in the confectionery aisle at Woolies, then leapfrog the counter, then crab-walk back. Lazy campaigners who have no idea what it is to fight and reach into their reserves of resilience when things get tough.

I bet they love doing skills at training. Means they can half-arse it and look like they're putting in some level of effort. It's the physical picking themselves up when they're down and out that they struggle with. That's done through pushing mental barriers. Not kicking and handballing it to your mate. Unless said kicking and handballing is done whilst sprinting flat out. For a sustained period of time

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back