Injury All things COVID-19 - including the impact on Season 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decided to get some fish and chips on the way home from work. Walked in and ordered, and the owner said to me "That's fine, but in future we're asking our customers to order by phone in advance." Was then asked to wait out the front while they cooked my order. While outside I noticed a sign facing the opposite direction from which I entered advising they've decided to do it like that so they didn't have customers milling around waiting for their orders because of Coronavirus.

It makes sense, but just shows what the world's coming to.

There does need to be sensible caution, but it's delving more into full time paranoia.

I used to not mind Eddie ages ago. Or the Triple M show.
But it is now just an editorial show to serve Eddie's interests and for him to tell others how to think.
This virus has made him even worse. True colours are shining through & he's so bloody transparent.

The bigger problem is what he and his mates have done to broadcasting. It's been systematically infected and destroyed now by fanboys - not ex-players, sometimes not even ex-sportsmen (like his own triple-chinned, rotund self) - but just drooling twerps so desperate to be around their heroes they've managed to build careers on it.

We wouldn't have to put up with talentless and cringeworthy clowns like Brayshaw without him blazing the trail.

Would love to have a drawbridge. And a moat.

Although I am slightly more modern, I'd prefer a machine gun nest on the wall instead of crossbows.
you'd fit right in here then.

Lines at the gun store longer than at the supermarkets.

Best to you.

Go Catters

The bigger problem is what he and his mates have done to broadcasting. It's been systematically infected and destroyed now by fanboys - not ex-players, sometimes not even ex-sportsmen (like his own triple-chinned, rotund self) - but just drooling twerps so desperate to be around their heroes they've managed to build careers on it.

We wouldn't have to put up with talentless and cringeworthy clowns like Brayshaw without him blazing the trail.
Couldn't like this post enough. & has prompted me to go on a rant.
That's another thing. Mr Working class roots blah, blah, blah ,blah.
Get F**ked! Bloated rich ********.
Loves and looks after anyone who went to a top private school.
Everyone on Triple M breaky, even the bloody work experience kids have to go StKevins or equivalent.
Only way Brayshaw got a gig, and you have to put up with him doing the same. Any player who's family is loaded is a"Fantastic kid, and a "Good operator".
You say it the best, "Cringeworthy Clown" with contacts.
Hamish the same, Obviously. Basil!!!
Any games these 3 f**k sticks commentate instantly sound more boring.
And yes your fanboys. Sucking any fun out of the game.
Wheatley. Treating coaches like academics who've done doctorates, players like they've fought in 2 World Wars.
Now he's even doing sports he knows nothing about.
He's the new (more annoying) Daryl Eastlake. Instead of yelling when he doesn't know what's going on, he drops to an even more serious voice.
Andy Maher doing his best trying to make a career out of being outraged and being the hero of "The Women's Game"
I could go on and on.

Couldn't like this post enough. & has prompted me to go on a rant.
That's another thing. Mr Working class roots blah, blah, blah ,blah.
Get F**ked! Bloated rich ********.
Loves and looks after anyone who went to a top private school.
Everyone on Triple M breaky, even the bloody work experience kids have to go StKevins or equivalent.
Only way Brayshaw got a gig, and you have to put up with him doing the same. Any player who's family is loaded is a"Fantastic kid, and a "Good operator".
You say it the best, "Cringeworthy Clown" with contacts.
Hamish the same, Obviously. Basil!!!
Any games these 3 f**k sticks commentate instantly sound more boring.
And yes your fanboys. Sucking any fun out of the game.
Wheatley. Treating coaches like academics who've done doctorates, players like they've fought in 2 World Wars.
Now he's even doing sports he knows nothing about.
He's the new (more annoying) Daryl Eastlake. Instead of yelling when he doesn't know what's going on, he drops to an even more serious voice.
Andy Maher doing his best trying to make a career out of being outraged and being the hero of "The Women's Game"
I could go on and on.

That’s an impressive rant. Completely accurate too as far as I’m concerned.

It’s reminds me of that brilliant Geoff Lemon piece a few years ago when he savaged the Nine Cricket commentary. I always remember this line:

“It’s friendship as public performance.”

Interesting too, but not surprising that Brayshaw is the common element. Now there’s a virus I wish we could eradicate. And that is exactly what footy commentary has become. Richmond v Carlton had six commentators. SIX. What the feck do you need six of these clowns for? Particularly as McAvaney spent most of the night sucking off Hodge anyway.

That’s an impressive rant. Completely accurate too as far as I’m concerned.

It’s reminds me of that brilliant Geoff Lemon piece a few years ago when he savaged the Nine Cricket commentary. I always remember this line:

“It’s friendship as public performance.”

Interesting too, but not surprising that Brayshaw is the common element. Now there’s a virus I wish we could eradicate. And that is exactly what footy commentary has become. Richmond v Carlton had six commentators. SIX. What the feck do you need six of these clowns for? Particularly as McAvaney spent most of the night sucking off Hodge anyway.
Absolutely. For sure.
Yeah if Brayshaw gets in anything it's wrecked.
It reminds me of the young ones. He and his bum buddies (aka anyone who helps keep him in a job) sitting in the back of a limo singing "ra ra ra we're gonna crush the oinks".
I tried watching the tests this year and was enjoying the bowling session, late arvo in Perth, then another fanboy Tim Lane ( obviously never played cricket) comes on and calles one of the bowlers a "Street Fighter" Really motherf**ker??? A street fighter?
And then I had enough.
Oh f**king Bruce. How does he get away with it????
Our sport is a joke to him. Commentates other sports seriously and properly.
Then goes on the footy and does a terrible camp drag comedy show.

Last edited:
I thought California was a liberal paradise and that gun owners were all old, racist Republicans?

I have no way to quantify or qualify that - but feel free to head on over and do a head count.
Of course, if thats your opinion, and the shoe fits and you feel at home amongst them, have at it.

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no way to quantify or qualify that - but feel free to head on over and do a head count.
Of course, if thats your opinion, and the shoe fits and you feel at home amongst them, have at it.

Go Catters

It’s what I’ve been reading for years and years, particular since 2016. And California (I thought) was rock solid blue.

Or is gun ownership way wider?

They are keeping TV open so hopefully I can get back to work. I have shows pending and can walk into gigs but it all up in the air.

Otherwise - im stuck at home homeschooling the kids - im clearly not a teacher -so for their benefit this needs to end.

The supermarkets have food - but they are being cleaned out by panickers. But you can get mostly what you need - not what you want. Big difference.

Hi Daz. Do you mind me asking what you do for a crust?

Just to let you know - the situation here in Geelong was like that about a week ago. There was a run first on toilet paper and non-perishable foods, then the fresh meat section as people went nuts stacking their freezer. But now we are back to almost normal as the supermarkets kept up supply, imposed purchase limits and people realise they are not going to starve.

It’s what I’ve been reading for years and years, particular since 2016. And California (I thought) was rock solid blue.

Or is gun ownership way wider?
There are more guns than persons in this country.

In Burbank there are 3 guns stores. This is a "liberal blue "area to use your vernacular. They have had queues out the door and 25 deep 8 hours a day for the last week.

They were all closed today as part of the CA Governor order to stay in doors as they are not considered an essential service to remain open.

They were interviewed today as the last person that was in line for 3.5 hours to buy guns and ammo left. Their business was up 1000% these last 2 weeks.

Guns are not a poltical thing - its a human thing here.

They all have them and are brought up being told its their birth right to arm, possess and defend their dung heap by whatever means posssible.
So they go and buy MR16's and here we are.

Now they will pull a gun over some steak and rice.

Good times.

Go Catters

Just to let you know - the situation here in Geelong was like that about a week ago. There was a run first on toilet paper and non-perishable foods, then the fresh meat section as people went nuts stacking their freezer. But now we are back to almost normal as the supermarkets kept up supply, imposed purchase limits and people realise they are not going to starve.
I work in Lighting for TV, live concerts and special events.

Go Catters

In Burbank there are 3 guns stores. This is a "liberal blue "area to use your vernacular. They have had queues out the door and 25 deep 8 hours a day for the last week.

They were all closed today as part of the CA Governor order to stay in doors as they are not considered an essential service to remain open.

They were interviewed today as the last person that was in line for 3.5 hours to buy guns and ammo left. Their business was up 1000% these last 2 weeks.

They all have them and are brought up being told its their birth right to arm, possess and defend their dung heap by whatever means posssible.

Good times.

Go Catters

Thanks. Knew about the numbers but not the distribution.

It’s a great country, and I loved my two brief visits. But on this, they’re nuts.

Thanks. Knew about the numbers but not the distribution.

It’s a great country, and I loved my two brief visits. But on this, they’re nuts.
NUTS indeed

GO Catters

I work in Lighting for TV, live concerts and special events.

Go Catters
Tuff times coming up Daz,one of by boys has a company dealing in oil and gas exploration,the share price has collapsed and exploration across the board has gone on hold,very few will walk away un scathed from this.Hope you get enough work so as not to have to dip into your capital.PS that goes for all on the Cats board.

Still not the same up in Melbourne yet. No toilet paper anywhere. Ran out and and had to go to Bunnings to get the hardcore industrial stuff.
No pasta. And very annoying no dog food rolls. As in the meat rolls and pet mince etc.

Good times.

Go Catters
I would consider myself left I guess. But if I lived there I would buy a gun.
Just cause you can, everyone else has one and they are pretty fun to shoot

Tuff times coming up Daz,one of by boys has a company dealing in oil and gas exploration,the share price has collapsed and exploration across the board has gone on hold,very few will walk away un scathed from this.Hope you get enough work so as not to have to dip into your capital.PS that goes for all on the Cats board.
Not good ay. After looking allright, quickly it's gone to looking like I might have 2 weeks worth of work then almost nothing.
No ones got any work in any of the things I can do. Cause everywhere is in the same boat.
I've never done customer service so dunno if I could even get a job at Coles if I had to.
Hope your boys get through it allright.

Not good ay. After looking allright, quickly it's gone to looking like I might have 2 weeks worth of work then almost nothing.
No ones got any work in any of the things I can do. Cause everywhere is in the same boat.
I've never done customer service so dunno if I could even get a job at Coles if I had to.
Hope your boys get through it allright.

Most of the supermarkets are looking for night shift self stackers also - bonus of dealing with no customers

Screenshot_20200321-150727_AFL.jpg

Lol let's see them talk the way out of this one AFL must be 1 million cleaners down at the facility right. Just stop this bullshit while you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back