Injury All things COVID-19 - including the impact on Season 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder about the AFL's reaction to this.

Whats the odds they have a clause in an insurance policy that they need X number of games to be comepleted for a trigger clause for a payout for loss of income due to a partial season.

There is money behind this going on.

There has to be.

GO Catters

dazbroncos just read that LA is going into lockdown - all non-essential shops to close, indoor shopping malls, playground etc

How's that going to impact you?
Impact heavily -

They are keeping TV open so hopefully I can get back to work. I have shows pending and can walk into gigs but it all up in the air.

Otherwise - im stuck at home homeschooling the kids - im clearly not a teacher -so for their benefit this needs to end.

The supermarkets have food - but they are being cleaned out by panickers. But you can get mostly what you need - not what you want. Big difference.

They annouced that take away food is still an option - thank god - otherwise people would really have gone off tap.

The biggest issue is that the Order is not a lockdown. Its an order to stay indoors. YOu can still go get food. You can still go to the Dr - but you cant go to the movies or hang out at the pub.

The issue is that with an armed populous that is twitchy and agitated at the best of time - that same group has now been told to stay home. And they dont like being told anything by anyone. Try getting their guns off them.

SO IMO, the biggest issue now is Jonny goes to the supermarket to get his stuff whilst packing heat - and it goes sideways and it sgun battles over pasta in Aisle 3.

So in other words... its just normal.

Say prayer and im off to fins some Kevlar.

GO Catters

The Tasmanian premier has already more or less said they won't be played here.

Heard Eddie's rant on the news this morning about a Tassie footy side - he was almost gloating, Trump-like, about how the other 18 teams wanted to make it happen and they were going to put in the money, but NOT NOW!!!

What a troll.

This is going to have a big impact on various businesses such as cafes, pubs, restaurants etc...

Prime Minister Scott Morrison has announced drastic new restrictions on non-essential indoor gatherings in an effort to slow the spread of coronavirus.

In addition to the existing limit of no more than 100 people in an indoor space, Morrison announced there should be no more than one person per four square metres.

“If you have a meeting room or something like that, that is 100 metres, you can have 25 people in that room,” Morrison explained to reporters on Friday.

This is going to have a big impact on various businesses such as cafes, pubs, restaurants etc...

Prime Minister Scott Morrison has announced drastic new restrictions on non-essential indoor gatherings in an effort to slow the spread of coronavirus.

In addition to the existing limit of no more than 100 people in an indoor space, Morrison announced there should be no more than one person per four square metres.

“If you have a meeting room or something like that, that is 100 metres, you can have 25 people in that room,” Morrison explained to reporters on Friday.

So if someone on the opposite side of the room to the toilet has a sudden urge to answer the call of nature, everyone else in the room needs to move accordingly to keep their distance while they move to the loo?

Decided to get some fish and chips on the way home from work. Walked in and ordered, and the owner said to me "That's fine, but in future we're asking our customers to order by phone in advance." Was then asked to wait out the front while they cooked my order. While outside I noticed a sign facing the opposite direction from which I entered advising they've decided to do it like that so they didn't have customers milling around waiting for their orders because of Coronavirus.

It makes sense, but just shows what the world's coming to.

Decided to get some fish and chips on the way home from work. Walked in and ordered, and the owner said to me "That's fine, but in future we're asking our customers to order by phone in advance." Was then asked to wait out the front while they cooked my order. While outside I noticed a sign facing the opposite direction from which I entered advising they've decided to do it like that so they didn't have customers milling around waiting for their orders because of Coronavirus.

I know of various places that are offering "curb side delivery" for those who don't require home delivery

So you call them to place your order and then call again when parked outside and they bring your order to your car

And the latest item being snapped up by those panic buying...

Chickens... Yes, live chickens

Guessing it's related to the egg shortages in supermarkets and becoming more self-sufficient in a way

And maybe that's one of the good things to come from this is that there's people who are getting more into growing their own fruit & vegetables at home and now chickens

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the latest item being snapped up by those panic buying...

Chickens... Yes, live chickens

Guessing it's related to the egg shortages in supermarkets and becoming more self-sufficient in a way

And maybe that's one of the good things to come from this is that there's people who are getting more into growing their own fruit & vegetables at home and now chickens
Lets hope it is that way and not some weird ritual.The way the world is reacting and heading it would not surprise me one bit

Local pizza place has a really tiny area for customers to wait. Basically one person deep from the counter to the wall of the building and you can only fit 4-5 people in there waiting. Last friday night when I went to get a pizza there was some douchebag at the counter going off his ****. You said my pizza would be ready at 7:45pm etc and it is like chill out man it is 7:50pm and it is Friday night, what do you expect. He must have been freaking out about coronavirus to be that wound up. At that stage there was like cases in Tasmania. You'd be fair stiff to run into one in the pizza joint.

Heard Eddie's rant on the news this morning about a Tassie footy side - he was almost gloating, Trump-like, about how the other 18 teams wanted to make it happen and they were going to put in the money, but NOT NOW!!!

What a troll.
I used to not mind Eddie ages ago. Or the Triple M show.
But it is now just an editorial show to serve Eddie's interests and for him to tell others how to think.
This virus has made him even worse. True colours are shining through & he's so bloody transparent.

I used to not mind Eddie ages ago. Or the Triple M show.
But it is now just an editorial show to serve Eddie's interests and for him to tell others how to think.
This virus has made him even worse. True colours are shining through & he's so bloody transparent.

Same - he was even in the sights of the Labor Party as future PM material back in the 1990s, due to his strong working-class, Catholic upbringing and work-ethic.

But he's just like Mark Latham now.

Interesting reading regarding the AFL umpires and the current situation...

This small paragraph caught my eye...

The AFLUA has been working alongside the AFL in trying to minimise the risk for our umpires. If an umpire doesn’t want to umpire they are not required to do so.

Would have loved to be in that meeting - obvious legal issues they couldn't work out, possibly even pay issues, as the umps are now getting around in chauffeured limos!

No details on what happens if an umpire does test positive, as opposed to a player (30 day shut-down). Do we presume the same?

[/QUOTE]
I wonder about the AFL's reaction to this.

Whats the odds they have a clause in an insurance policy that they need X number of games to be comepleted for a trigger clause for a payout for loss of income due to a partial season.

There is money behind this going on.

There has to be.

GO Catters

Of all the theories and conspiracies this one seems most logical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back