Injury All things COVID-19 - including the impact on Season 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fly everyone to the G and house them in the corporate boxes for 8 weeks.

Big Brother: AFL

I'm pushing for a Corona compound survivor style every team can send 30 players and staff to a secure location we close it off with no Corona. We build them chambers to live in then we play knockout style football 18 weeks last man standing comp.

Close them off from the rest of the world send the AFLPA memo out right now

😂😂😂

Welp, I'll admit it. I was wrong. When this thread was posted, I thought the OP was getting carried away. Turns out even they may have underestimated how severely this has and will affect the season.

Perhaps I thought we would have implemented prevention measures sooner... or maybe we so often have false dawns in regards to these apocalyptic scenarios that you don't think it'll ever transpire. Well, COVID certainly has.

Welp, I'll admit it. I was wrong. When this thread was posted, I thought the OP was getting carried away. Turns out even they may have underestimated how severely this has and will affect the season.

Perhaps I thought we would have implemented prevention measures sooner... or maybe we so often have false dawns in regards to these apocalyptic scenarios that you don't think it'll ever transpire. Well, COVID certainly has.

Honestly they did well to get any football in I'm still shocked

This is why we're shutting down. Two countries with lax responses to COVID-19. We all know Italy has been bad but America is faring far worse.
Good luck dazbroncos

Not a great time to get a good hand at the draft. We miss out on the most important year of data, and those players will be one year behind.
All clubs in the same boat though re. data. Also the club's follow players for years so they have a pretty good handle on things. There will be a few safe bets I have no doubt so to pick early is a bit advantage.

Just trying to find a silver lining in this potentially F up'ed season.

All clubs in the same boat though re. data. Also the club's follow players for years so they have a pretty good handle on things. There will be a few safe bets I have no doubt so to pick early is a bit advantage.

Yeah, but changes to how players are rated often change significantly during the draft year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pushing for a Corona compound survivor style every team can send 30 players and staff to a secure location we close it off with no Corona. We build them chambers to live in then we play knockout style football 18 weeks last man standing comp.

Close them off from the rest of the world send the AFLPA memo out right now

😂😂😂

Christmas Island?

Not a great time to get a good hand at the draft. We miss out on the most important year of data, and those players will be one year behind.

Yeah, but changes to how players are rated often change significantly during the draft year.
Hard to give a shit tbh when we could have hundreds of thousands of people and businesses, if not millions, at risk.
The lives of 100 prospective footballers and the 18 men charged with drafting them pales in comparison.

Stay safe all.

Season suspended until may 31st at least.

Our Flu/Cold season hasn’t begun yet, so we have no idea how Australia is going to be affected by Coronavirus, yet.

Federal government was too slow reacting, just like with the Bushfires!

Looks like the State Premiers have ditched Morrison + are beginning the lockdown on Tuesday.

SA + WA have closed their borders.

I’ll be surprised if AFL resumes on 31 May.

Hard to give a shit tbh when we could have hundreds of thousands of people and businesses, if not millions, at risk.
The lives of 100 prospective footballers and the 18 men charged with drafting them pales in comparison.

Stay safe all.
No one is denying that mate. But I watch footy and read this forum for an escape. Why are you here?

I highly doubt games start again on May 31st.

Extremely disappointing, but I’m glad the AFL have made the right decision!

Agreed, season probably shouldn't have started but no harm no foul.

I really don't think anybody has any idea what's going on and football is the last of all of our worries.

As I have continually stated in here this is so much bigger than kicking a pig skin we are all in this together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back