Mega Thread All things Heritier Lumumba (Good luck H. Thread closed)

What do you think of Heritier possibly going?

• Too much drama - let him go

Votes: 204 64.2%
  • Not a good footballer anymore - let him go

Votes: 75 23.6%
  • We should try to hang onto him

Votes: 40 12.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • No-one is bigger than the team
  • We are here to see football and a successful team
  • You discuss these things internally
  • If you are not happy, then leave or accept a compromise
  • If you really what to take a stand for social inequality or for the nuances of mankind then get out of football and join the UN
Well, that's wrong, considering not only the Collingwood Football Club but every other club and the AFL, has worked together to promote specific social issues

How would we like a straight swap for Jeffy Garlett from the Blues. We do need that 35+ goalkicker to help our forwards out. Think it might be a wise move and he is still only 25 years old. Plenty of footy in him.

I disagree with practically everything you've said there, I'm disappointed in you if you've chosen to support Lumumba, however I still respect your right to do so and under those circumstances I still don't appreciate you telling me to grow up.

But how does me respecting his ability to seek out future employment options, and trying to show an understanding of how this system works show anything to suggest that I am not "side by side" with the Collingwood football club - which is what you are implying.

• No-one is bigger than the team
  • We are here to see football and a successful team
  • You discuss these things internally
  • If you are not happy, then leave or accept a compromise

And that is largely how this has played out.
These things were done internally - and up until this week no-one had heard about these meetings that are meant to have occurred. It appears a decision has been made that he is not happy, and is looking at leaving.
This was only made public this week - and its unclear who it is that is revealing this information. (probably parts from both sides... I am pretty certain that Lumumba would not be best mates with BT)... but these things have been revealed in the context of him trying to find a new club/Us trying to get a trade out of it - rather than just having him retire/delisted.

• If you really what to take a stand for social inequality or for the nuances of mankind then get out of football and join the UN

Because clearly there is no point in anyone trying to make a positive change to their community.

I said if you "really" want to change the world. Its called a football club and not a social inequality club.....
So I suppose the club should shut down "the Magpie Nest Housing Project" then?

It aims to make a genuine difference to the lives of people experiencing homelessness by providing long-term affordable accommodation and mentoring support.

Shit, we might as well trade Dane Swan for that matter, considering he's clearly supporting the project in this article

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-07-18/a-boost-for-the-magpie-nest

140719_swanheader.jpg

Dane Swan gives the new Magpie Nest Houses' Ambient Lounge beanbags the tick of approval.

Lumumba straight swap for Watts would be MASSIVE win

Agree, but the problem is Roos only does trades for cheap. Doesn't like paying much, their 3rd rd pick would be the best we'll get which I think if we can get anything for H it's a win.

Watts has potential but I'm worried he has been so badly scared mentally by his time at the Dees there's no hope for him. Would like him to be loose man at half back for us, good kick and can take a mark.

H + 3rd rd pick - Watts + 4th rd pick

Good to be back from my hibernation.

For me, this entire Heritier/Harry saga is no different to the Heath Shaw situation of last season.

Seems clear that from McGuire down, everyone accepts that H will not be with us in 2015.

No problem with that, sure that a decent deal for Collingwood will be paramount. People were driving Heaters price down last season but we saw what happened once the trade deal was completed.

We'll get what the market dictates he's worth, could be a straight player swap, could be a draft pick or a bundled deal (In Hine We Trust).

A lot will be written and discussed before this deal is completed.

For better or worse, Heritier Lumumba polarises Collingwood supporters. Regardless what has taken place in recent times people should respect the fact he is a Collingwood 2010 Premiership player who has brought us much joy on the footy field.

If I had a team mate get up and talk for a good ten minutes about what I should be doing, I would get up and leave as well.

Since when has Lumumba become a guest speaker to talk about important matters of life.

Premiership player or not, it doesn't give a person the right to try and control the club, most of the players have partners at home who try to control them when they are at home the last thing they need is to be lectured by a team mate who isn't even their captain.

People look in too much in to the fact that he played 199 games and a premiership for the club. Yeah he got picked in a GF winning side, not everyone that plays in premierships are good blokes, just look at Akermanis at Brisbane who like Harry has an opinion on everything, Brisbane fans don't love him because he is a legend of the club. They are both hypocrites of the highest kind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

side.....it's gonna be a long month.

Nb I just slipped out of the office to grab a double espresso cappuccino.......it's all good.
Did you see H at the coffee shop? If yes, who was he talking too ? If no, I assume H has decided to do all his discussion behind closed doors from now on.

If I had a team mate get up and talk for a good ten minutes about what I should be doing, I would get up and leave as well.

Since when has Lumumba become a guest speaker to talk about important matters of life.

Premiership player or not, it doesn't give a person the right to try and control the club, most of the players have partners at home who try to control them when they are at home the last thing they need is to be lectured by a team mate who isn't even their captain.

People look in too much in to the fact that he played 199 games and a premiership for the club. Yeah he got picked in a GF winning side, not everyone that plays in premierships are good blokes, just look at Akermanis at Brisbane who like Harry has an opinion on everything, Brisbane fans don't love him because he is a legend of the club. They are both hypocrites of the highest kind.
Some good points.
How does all of this fit in with leading teams? Serious question.
Is what H did, within the scope of leading teams or not.

Footy clubs are footy clubs & can't be changed overnight, although the AFL is certainly trying to take them into the 21st century (PC & so forth).

Listening to H's manager on SEn yesterday morning he said that H focuses on things that are wrong and doesn't focus on the things that are right. He inferred that probably the playing group is a bit sick of hearing all the wrong things around the club when the good things get ignored. In that respect you can see the players getting a bit worn down by that.

Well for a start he could have been indoors.
Why should he have to go indoors? He has permission from the club to explore his options.

HL has been a loyal and valuable servant of the club and played a role in securing our first premiership in 20 years. He has since had several serious personal issues to contend with and the club has been there to support him during these times. This most recent issue seems to have caused some irreparable damage to the relationship between Heritier, Buckley and the club in general. If that is the case, as Eddie stated "Sometimes it might be better for both to split. [It] doesn't mean you don't love each other, marriages break up every other day, sometimes amicably, sometimes the other way. This is one that is very amicable at the moment".

I hope that whatever happens both Heritier and Collingwood are satisfied they all did the best they could in difficult circumstances.

and I hope we can get Jack Watts....

Dafuq?

Since when is this about Heritier trying to "control the club"?

As far as I'm aware, it was him voicing his concerns, and that should be a right that is given to all players.

Now, if Bucks disagrees with Heritier, that's fine, and if H is still disgruntled, then the best solution is to trade him off.

But let's not exaggerate the story to paint him as some sort of bad guy, particularly when we're feeding off 2nd hand information.

I know many of the Pink Magpies and speaking to one of them today I was interested to get his thoughts on the Harry L situation.
To summarise, he has very little time for the way HL has conducted himself and was of the strong opinion that he is a destabilizing influence within in the club and should be removed.

Just one persons opinion but interesting none the less.

Did you see H at the coffee shop? If yes, who was he talking too ? If no, I assume H has decided to do all his discussion behind closed doors from now on.
Not sure......although there was a few blokes dressed in trench coats, wearing sun glasses & fake beards, scribbling notes & passing them to one another.

But how does me respecting his ability to seek out future employment options, and trying to show an understanding of how this system works show anything to suggest that I am not "side by side" with the Collingwood football club - which is what you are implying.

I said support not respect they have different meanings. From my initial post I said defended him which was again to provide support.

I respect his ability to seek those opportunities as well (I admitted as much in both my original and follow up post) I will not support them being done in public though.

Side by side to me is, and always will be, that the club comes first and Lumumba went against that by conducting the interview in public, IMO. Please re-read my original post it'll provide further context because you kinda side tracked me with the side by side stuff I never meant that as an afront to you or any other supporter. Again I think it's used regularly out of context and in this instance I'm comfortable using it the way I have.

I may not have explained my point perfectly, however I do get the impression that you have skim read my posts...

Are you concerned about the spat being public, (if so, I agree to an extent) or the meeting?
I'll agree to disagree about having an issue with the public meeting; as I said if it drives up his value I'm all for it.
Ralphy's article, (whilst the headline isn't great) might help too, (being 27 and in his prime, someone Melb. need etc etc).
I think what's done is done and let's maximise the opportunity for both parties

Nah the spat being public is fine.

The impression I get is that the incident itself took place a few weeks ago (the conspiracy theorist in me thinks it may have coincided with the GWS match...) so it was bound to leak eventually as these things always do, look no further than the back page of yesterday's Sun ;)

I just think it's totally unprofessional to conduct that sort of meeting in public the day after the issue blew up when there was no doubt that some sort of facilitation process went into it i.e. a potential character reference from Dawes (who H shares a manager with) post the incident and a chat between Roos and Pert. Clubs are well oiled machines internally and Melbourne would have known about the spat well before we did (whether they chose to act on it is another matter though).

Do it in private and it probably still get's out, but not while there's still air in the story. It's H taking the individual route, IMO, and again I'd be disappointed in supporters of Collingwood that support him for doing it...

Last edited:
Agree, but the problem is Roos only does trades for cheap. Doesn't like paying much, their 3rd rd pick would be the best we'll get which I think if we can get anything for H it's a win.

Watts has potential but I'm worried he has been so badly scared mentally by his time at the Dees there's no hope for him. Would like him to be loose man at half back for us, good kick and can take a mark.

H + 3rd rd pick - Watts + 4th rd pick

History would suggest that Roos is actually quite fair with trades. Vince for pick 20 odd and the Tyson upgrade pick just 2 examples. We also have a good trading relationship with him. See the jolly trade. The fact Roos and Pert are ex teammates and get on well also helps. If we can use Harry to land either Watts or O rourke I would be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back