List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The thing is, the order doesn't really matter. They only "reached" if they desperately wanted De Koning, Philp or Dow. If they didn't, they'll just get their next choice here anyway, with the first pick tomorrow.

If they weren't drafting the three mentioned above, and they drafted someone else at 18, they'd just have drafted Georgiades tomorrow anyway. Going to end up with the same two guys anyway, basically.

True. It just sucks when you trade out future picks and good young players to take players most didn’t rate super high high.

I’m just talking about as a fan on the night. Who knows how Bergman and georgiades will turn out, could be stars.

True. It just sucks when you trade out future picks and good young players to take players most didn’t rate super high high.

I’m just talking about as a fan on the night. Who knows how Bergman and georgiades will turn out, could be stars.
Yeah, it's tough when you wait for months to nail the draft, with all the mocks and what if scenarios, only to completely go off script and take someone you've had framed as not an elite option.

Might toddle over there and have a little read.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What mids are left that I like?

2nd round likely picks we would need to find a buyer for Cats 2020 3rd rounder (and maybe an IOU) plus 46

More likely to occur as list goes down
Robertson
Rantall
Rivers
Schoenberg (starting to be realistic with Cats and 46)
Sharp
Taheny
O'Neill

Mids possibly there at 3rd round
Chirgwin
Shute
Ruscoe
Perez
Warner

At this pace, Ruscoe or Perez at 46 would be a good outcome

See my follow up post.

Don't think you have any idea how good either of these players are.

Also it should came as no surprise that Port took them both as they were heavily linked as players that Port had spent considerable effort researching.

The rumour mill has been awash linking Port to Bergman in particular, for the last two weeks.
Port, Geelong and Richmond had all been liked to Georgiades as a possible first round pick so no real shock there.

Robertson's disposal is better than its reputation.

Went @ 50% by foot and 80% by hand.

Overall efficiency, he's actually ahead of Anderson (2), Green (10), Serong (8), Weightman (15) etc.

Playing to his strengths (inside bull) won this kid the Larke medal (U18 MVP).

West Coast should be doing everything possible to get this kid in the 2nd round.

Don't think you have any idea how good either of these players are.

Also it should came as no surprise that Port took them both as they were heavily linked as players that Port had spent considerable effort researching.

The rumour mill has been awash linking Port to Bergman in particular, for the last two weeks.
Port, Geelong and Richmond had all been liked to Georgiades as a possible first round pick so no real shock there.

My post says i have no idea about how good the players will be.

I’m just talking about how easy it is to get sucked into wanted highly rated players. Wanting sliders over bolters. It doesn’t make sense but it still is something that influences how most fans feel about their draft.

I would love to have Robertson on our list. Would not be suprised if he is the first cab off the rank tomorrow
Though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back