List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robertson's disposal is better than its reputation.

Went @ 50% by foot and 80% by hand.

Overall efficiency, he's actually ahead of Anderson (2), Green (10), Serong (8), Weightman (15) etc.

Playing to his strengths (inside bull) won this kid the Larke medal (U18 MVP).

West Coast should be doing everything possible to get this kid in the 2nd round.
We are miles off having the currency to significantly trade up.

If a player we rate in the top 25 or so happens to slide through to 38-40ish we may be able to manufacture an upgrade, but we are no chance of getting into the top 30 (or even 35).

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why did Robertson slide so far? Every single phantom draft and "expert" had him going first round.

Last edited:

Why did Robertson slide so far? Every single phantom draft and "expert" had him going first round.

I'm not an expert but think his disposal is seen as a bit scrappy.

I would love us to trade up but we literally dont have anything to trade either this year or next.

I'm not an expert but think his disposal is seen as a bit scrappy.

I would love us to trade up but we literally dont have anything to trade either this year or next.

But that was pretty well know and most people still had him going first round on the back of his ball winning.

Wonder if anyone here would care if he wasn’t related to Glass

Cards on the table I have nfi about the draft pool, but I’d imagine there’d still be some appetite to draft a local kid who won the Larke medal.

2018 - Sam Walsh - Pick #1
2017 - Oscar Allen - #21
2016 - Jack Graham - #56
2015 - Josh Schache - #2
2014 - Christian Petracca - #2
2013 - Dom Sheed - #13
2012 - Lachie Whitfield - #1
2011 - Stephen Coniglio - #2
2010 - Harley Bennell - #2
2009 - David Swallow - #1

Some stellar players in there mixed in with a few misses and some solid but not elite talents, but purely from a value point of view getting the Larke Medallist later than an extremely high pick seems excellent. Local kid in a position of need adds to the value.

Cards on the table I have nfi about the draft pool, but I’d imagine there’d still be some appetite to draft a local kid who won the Larke medal.

2018 - Sam Walsh - Pick #1
2017 - Oscar Allen - #21
2016 - Jack Graham - #56
2015 - Josh Schache - #2
2014 - Christian Petracca - #2
2013 - Dom Sheed - #13
2012 - Lachie Whitfield - #1
2011 - Stephen Coniglio - #2
2010 - Harley Bennell - #2
2009 - David Swallow - #1

Some stellar players in there mixed in with a few misses and some solid but not elite talents, but purely from a value point of view getting the Larke Medallist later than an extremely high pick seems excellent. Local kid in a position of need adds to the value.
Fair call. interesting that so many WA players have won the medal compared to SA.

Don’t get wrong I would love for us to nab him but I’m surprised at how many people are getting uptight about which club drafts him

Fair call. interesting that so many WA players have won the medal compared to SA.

Don’t get wrong I would love for us to nab him but I’m surprised at how many people are getting uptight about which club drafts him

I think the angst is born from a “please don’t let Geelong get a relative of a club hero with our own pick” point of view. Don’t want anyone with any merit at Freo either.

Aside from that he can go wherever as far as I’m concerned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t profess to know the relative strengths and weaknesses of the individual players, but my understanding of this draft cohort was after the first handful of players the next 25-30 were fairly even

I think we saw that play out tonight with several players going earlier or later than anticipated with a few predicted first round picks still available

Really would like to see us package what is now pick 47 and Geelongs future 3rd to get up as high into the second round as we can

Carlton trade up from 22 to 20 to grab Philp who they arguably could have traded down for?

And that was after trading pick 9 (11 after bids)

Richmond were keen on him having missed on Cooper Stephens. That’s why we moved up the 2 spots to get ahead of them.

Matt Balmer says that Brisbane were also trying to deal into the early 20’s for Philp.

Robertson, Warner, Taylor, Rivers and Sharpe all still available...are we are a chance to trade to get one of those players?

One will slide to our first pick but instead we will pick a guy with no profile on the AFL website and a question mark as a photo.

We will be initially shocked but then try to justify the pick, and then we will rinse and repeat next year.

Last edited:
Richmond were keen on him having missed on Cooper Stephens. That’s why we moved up the 2 spots to get ahead of them.

Matt Balmer says that Brisbane were also trying to deal into the early 20’s for Philp.

Thanks for the input. My extremely limited research indicated he was more late 2nd/ early 3rd

Would seem your club and others rated him higher than that so trade makes sense in light of that

Thanks for the input. My extremely limited research indicated he was more late 2nd/ early 3rd

Would seem your club and others rated him higher than that so trade makes sense in light of that

I must admit I felt the same way initially also (in the we had over payed). But when I look at what he brings to our side over say Robertson... (Philp is quicker than Petrucelli by .2 of a second lol) even as a bigger bodied inside mid, he is somewhat dynamic.

Would have loved Robertson also though.

Stephen Wells immediately mentions that it's nice Stephens played at Geelong and lives in the area.

We completely did Melbourne in 2018 and now we've rattled Geelong in 2019. Club killers.

If tomorrow night the Cats select Robertson and Rivers with their two 2nd rounders you better not be seen in these here parts! :mad: :devil::'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back