An offer he can't refuse

Remove this Banner Ad

His pre-season form is why he isn’t playing now. He barely touched the ball and Sam Day is simply ahead of him on form.

Not surprising then, but all the better for us if we approach him. He maybe receptive to our talk. Sam Day is a quality player. He wants nothing to do with us, we asked 2 years ago. Told us to GF.

Not surprising then, but all the better for us if we approach him. He maybe receptive to our talk. Sam Day is a quality player. He wants nothing to do with us, we asked 2 years ago. Told us to GF.
The Sam Day who couldn't get a game told us to get ****ed?

That sounds incredibly unlikely. Sources?

Any smart player in the league would tell us to get f’ed currently.
The post was Sam Day two years ago was approached by us when he was barely getting a game in the bottom side and told us to GF.

Any response to the actual post?

The Sam Day who couldn't get a game told us to get f’ed?

That sounds incredibly unlikely. Sources?

Pyke went there and spoke to Day and another player Jack Martin IIRC. Martin at least was civil, Day not so much. It was reported/speculated on the media concerning Martin but they made a point of reporting Day's attitude. Again IIRC Martin was OOC the following season.

The post was Sam Day two years ago was approached by us when he was barely getting a game in the bottom side and told us to GF.

Any response to the actual post?

Oh yeah because we didn't have issues 2 years ago that would cause a player to not want anything to do with us.

Petracca gettable at the moment. He wants a full-time midfield role and isn't getting it at Melbourne. Will take $ and convincing to get him out of Melbourne though.

Roo wouldn't allow us to take from Goodwin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Petracca gettable at the moment. He wants a full-time midfield role and isn't getting it at Melbourne. Will take $ and convincing to get him out of Melbourne though.
A nippy line breaking player with a bit of natural flair?

Would be career suicide to come play for us. We have no idea how to nurture that type.

The problems we have are that the AFL have bank rolled all the SA talent at their respective Qld and NSW clubs, and no one ever seems to come back here from Melbourne these days. Dollars aren’t bringing them home.

We will only get elite talent through the draft.

Time to talk positives

No one on our list is putting pressure on for an increased contract via their performances. Not a single one of our players will be sought after by another club so no pressure on us to match offers. We didn't fork out 4 year deals for Greenwood or Keath.
The above is all well and good but someone like Brad Crouch will be sought after because he wants to leave, didn’t he ask to go to the Suns?

I wouldn't exclusively go to the draft. We're going to need older talent too to make us more competitive in the short term.

Midfield gun is a midfield gun. But otherwise I think we're better off waiting to see what we draft over the next 2 years before trading in anything costing more than a second rounder.

For some reason , every year we appear to be close to the cap when other clubs eg WC,Richmond and even PAP seen to be under.. Do we pay overs to very average players?
We have to pay overs for average players so as Managers use the Vic club interested card at contract time to boost their contract. I know for a fact it’s often bullsh... as I’ve had players who I’m close with tell me so. 80% of players drafted are Victorian so Vic clubs don’t have to pay overs for half of their list to keep them. There is always a Vic club or two with salary cap space and what an easier way to do it than to raid an interstate club for a promising Victorian. Double his pay based on potential. It’s safer than the draft especially if they have already performed at the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

An offer he can't refuse

Remove this Banner Ad

Back