An offer he can't refuse

Remove this Banner Ad

Bachar Houli - back pocket/flanker ie Laird
Josh P Kennedy - can he play elsewhere other than midfield?
Shannon Hurn - back pocket type - driver of the forward ball

While Heath Shaw is playing ok I wouldnt have him as a transition coach but ask if he is interested in starting his coaching career here
mate mate mate!

I also think Pendlebury is interested in coaching - but the $$$ value of both of these may be too high for just a development coach spot

I wouldn't mine talking to P.Wright of G.Coast if Himmelburg doesent come on this Season
We've kept tabs on him since he got drafted, would have no problems asking the question

He's the one I had earmarked to get. Don't know why he isn't getting a game right now. Exactly what you look for, experienced player out of favour with his current club.

His pre-season form is why he isn’t playing now. He barely touched the ball and Sam Day is simply ahead of him on form.

The FA compensation is based on the salary offer for him to leave the club and how valuable that players is to the club compared to where they finish on the ladder and given B.Crouch is the reigning B&F and we are very s**t this season, a club doesn't need to offer him $1M+ but $700-800K will be enough to get a brand 1 FA compensation a pick after our 1st rounder you would think, i.e. similar to what Melbourne got when Frawly went to the Hawks, he didn't get a $1M+ or even $800K salary and isn't as a valuable players as B.Crouch is to the Crows and they got a pick 3 compensation after their pick 2.

Conveniently ignoring that the AFL overhauled the free agency rules after Frawley because of how out of line it was.

Durable player's performance usually decline in their mid 30s and Gibbs was 28 years old when he was traded to the Crows.....

No, the stats show quite clearly that most players are well past their used by date in the early 30's.

Very few players last into the mid 30's and Gibbs certainly was not in the typical mould of ones who do.

No, the stats show quite clearly that most players are well past their used by date in the early 30's.

Very few players last into the mid 30's and Gibbs certainly was not in the typical mould of ones who do.
What mold does? He is rarely injured, not overly physical, to me he is the exact mold that you would expect to keep form into his 30s.
He hasn't been great for you guys but I don't think he is being allowed to play his natural game. A midfield of Slone, M and B Crouch and Gibbs is a damn good midfield. Your list isn't a bad list, I think you need a better coach.

What mold does? He is rarely injured, not overly physical, to me he is the exact mold that you would expect to keep form into his 30s.
He hasn't been great for you guys but I don't think he is being allowed to play his natural game. A midfield of Slone, M and B Crouch and Gibbs is a damn good midfield. Your list isn't a bad list, I think you need a better coach.
Those guys have shown to be a bad midfield, under 2 coaches.

Not sure how you can judge Nicks on 3 games.

Maybe not the coach then but the culture. All 4 players mentioned would be best 22 in nearly every AFL side.
No questioning that, although I'd suggest Gibbs wouldn't make a top 8 side these days.

They've just hit the wall here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He shouldn't be in the twos. He was banished there last year over and over again. Have you seen any Covid 2 matches this year? It plays like Auskick training over here in Victoria.
He deserved to be banished there.

The Gibbs that was at your club in 2017 isn't the same Gibbs.

Agree to disagree. He was dropped last year after a 25 possession 2 goal game.
Anyway best of luck. Hope you lift and port start sinking so we can try to pry wines out of there.
I think you'll probably do that anyway.

Richmond will have a stack of $ to throw around at the end of this year with Rance gone.

I assume they will target FAs...

I will be disappointed if we are not into Hately.

GWS midfield is deep. We need him.

Probably not a guy to build a midfield around, but the type (And quality) of mid we desperately need.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Yeah he’s the one.

Hawthorn would extract him for a 3rd. We’ll probably get screwed for Laird + the GWS 1st.

I will be disappointed if we are not into Hately.

GWS midfield is deep. We need him.

Probably not a guy to build a midfield around, but the type (And quality) of mid we desperately need.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I wouldn't pay a cent over what St Kilda paid for Jack Steele which is a pick in the mid 20s

Remove this Banner Ad

An offer he can't refuse

Remove this Banner Ad

Back