An offer he can't refuse

Remove this Banner Ad

Last 2 years appear to be reasonable drafts atm. This year we currently have a great hand with the opportunity to draft some F/S and NGA.

Next year you’d expect a reasonably low pick. I’d wait until it looks like we’re going to be heading back into the 8.
A couple of mature agers wouldn't hurt though if they are clearly AFL quality and can replace players on our list who need to go.

Last 2 years appear to be reasonable drafts atm. This year we currently have a great hand with the opportunity to draft some F/S and NGA.

Next year you’d expect a reasonably low pick. I’d wait until it looks like we’re going to be heading back into the 8.

I agree, last two years look solid. That said, and this is more directed at our 2nd round picks, but there are some damn talented players who are opportunity starved in their respective sides.

Say if you could jag Hately (picking the popular choice in an area of desperate need) for pick 22. You've got a slightly older but still very talented player to inject into the midfield and forward line. One who'll help today and tomorrow.

We do need to be aggressive, though I am not breaking the bank on a player who is in their prime at the moment.

I agree, last two years look solid. That said, and this is more directed at our 2nd round picks, but there are some damn talented players who are opportunity starved in their respective sides.

Say if you could jag Hately (picking the popular choice in an area of desperate need) for pick 22. You've got a slightly older but still very talented player to inject into the midfield and forward line. One who'll help today and tomorrow.

We do need to be aggressive, though I am not breaking the bank on a player who is in their prime at the moment.
Agree with this. Moving on an early second for Hately would be satisfactory.
Just not at the expense of a top 12 pick.

We aren’t trading in anyone of value - it’s not what we do. Other clubs head to the stock exchange and trade blue chips.

We drive to Gepps Cross for the car boot trash and treasure market

We aren’t trading in anyone of value - it’s not what we do. Other clubs head to the stock exchange and trade blue chips.

We drive to Gepps Cross for the car boot trash and treasure market
You're smarter than me if you could have predicted the shitshow Gibbs has turned into, whilst I was no fan of what we eventually gave up for him I had expected at least 2 or 3 years of decent footy from him. I certainly wouldn't have predicted how far his once excellent kicking skills have deteriorated.

Agree with this. Moving on an early second for Hately would be satisfactory.
Just not at the expense of a top 12 pick.
Agree - unless we can bundle our 2x2nds for an earlier pick, we might want to move it on if we expect a top 20 pick for Edwards.

Hatley for 20 would be a great result, even if not a huge need, he would be great value to add to our mids at that pick.

You're smarter than me if you could have predicted the shitshow Gibbs has turned into, whilst I was no fan of what we eventually gave up for him I had expected at least 2 or 3 years of decent footy from him. I certainly wouldn't have predicted how far his once excellent kicking skills have deteriorated.

Quite a few of us called the Gibbs trade being terrible.

But I doubt many here would call me smart lol

Quite a few of us called the Gibbs trade being terrible.

But I doubt many here would call me smart lol
I wasn't talking about the trade deal and your a ****ing genius if you could predict his monumental decline after a reasonably good 1st season with us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Build the list through high picks and then look at getting a free agent in a position of need around 2023-24. We need as much talent across the field, we arent just one player away.
We need a Wingard deal.

Say Matt wants to go the Hawks for Sam Day and their 2020/1

Will day? I think the Hawks have three superior midfielders in O'meara, Mitchell and Worpel than an out of form Matt Crouch.
I think they would be trading for him thinking they could make him an inform Matt Crouch - but he's probably too similar to what they have.

I wasn't talking about the trade deal and your a ******* genius if you could predict his monumental decline after a reasonably good 1st season with us.

a player approaching 30 suddenly falling off in performance.. what a shock!

I don't think you understand how the free agency system works if you think we'd get pick 2
The FA compensation is based on the salary offer for him to leave the club and how valuable that players is to the club compared to where they finish on the ladder and given B.Crouch is the reigning B&F and we are very s**t this season, a club doesn't need to offer him $1M+ but $700-800K will be enough to get a brand 1 FA compensation a pick after our 1st rounder you would think, i.e. similar to what Melbourne got when Frawly went to the Hawks, he didn't get a $1M+ or even $800K salary and isn't as a valuable players as B.Crouch is to the Crows and they got a pick 3 compensation after their pick 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

An offer he can't refuse

Remove this Banner Ad

Back