Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

The stated reason the ALP has punished floor-crossers in the past is that their strength is in their solidarity with each other. Picking and choosing when to enforce party discipline based on the circumstances is an interesting move. I agree the PM has many things to consider. He's in a position his political opponents both on the left and the right don't have to worry about on Israel - the Greens are united on one view and the Liberals are united on a different view. The ALP has both views inside the party.

The stated reason the ALP has punished floor-crossers in the past is that their strength is in their solidarity with each other. Picking and choosing when to enforce party discipline based on the circumstances is an interesting move. I agree the PM has many things to consider. He's in a position his political opponents both on the left and the right don't have to worry about on Israel - the Greens are united on one view and the Liberals are united on a different view. The ALP has both views inside the party.
If this was happening on a regular basis, and across a number of different policies areas I think the solidarity thing would be an issue. But this is one person on a very specific matter, where there is already dissention in the ranks.

I don't think the ALP can afford to tip any more petrol on the dumpster fire that they currently have regarding Israel... Ignore it and let the 24 hour news cycle chew it up and spit it out. I can't see the Libs going after the government about disunity on this issue... Having said that, the LNP have been doing plenty of dumb stuff lately, so never say never.

The local government minister, Labor’s Kristy McBain, is now speaking against the Greens motion, saying the government followed the law in approving the Atlas gas project.

McBain then turns to the Greens:

"If any of the Greens were anywhere near serious, if they were pragmatic, instead of standing up and protesting they would have said more about the opposition leader’s nuclear plan.

We’ve had one tweet, one tweet, one tweet from the leader of the Greens about nuclear energy.

… It’s the continual performative politics that we see over and over again from the Greens, not pragmatic, not dealing with the issues at hand, instead, it’s politics."

The Greens have been critical of the coalition’s nuclear idea – immediately after it was announced, Adam Bandt said:

"Peter Dutton can talk about nuclear power as much as he wants, but it’s not going to happen.

If I wanted to tune in to a fantasy I’d watch The Lord of the Rings.

Peter Dutton can’t win government and he can’t repeal the nuclear ban in the Senate. It’s a “dead cat” strategy, a dangerous distraction from Liberal and Labor’s push to open up more coal and gas."
McBain and Labor are truly shameless. When called out on their climate vandalism, instead of explaining their decision, they engage in an immature, inaccurate "look over there!".

If this was happening on a regular basis, and across a number of different policies areas I think the solidarity thing would be an issue. But this is one person on a very specific matter, where there is already dissention in the ranks.

I don't think the ALP can afford to tip any more petrol on the dumpster fire that they currently have regarding Israel... Ignore it and let the 24 hour news cycle chew it up and spit it out. I can't see the Libs going after the government about disunity on this issue... Having said that, the LNP have been doing plenty of dumb stuff lately, so never say never.

I think the attack from the Libs is much more likely to be about someone inside the ALP voting that the State of Palestine should be recognised than disunity in their ranks.

Are you suggesting anyone could become GG?

Are you suggesting people in the top 1% are normal?

Firstly, I don't want anyone to be Governor-General. It's a really important job and I want someone who is suitably qualified.

Secondly, and more importantly, I have a real issue with the implication that a group of people are not normal. I don't see myself as fundamentally different from other people, regardless of any of their circumstances or skills.

As always, I don't expect you to agree.

Firstly, I don't want anyone to be Governor-General. It's a really important job and I want someone who is suitably qualified.

Secondly, and more importantly, I have a real issue with the implication that a group of people are not normal. I don't see myself as fundamentally different from other people, regardless of any of their circumstances or skills.

so you don't see massive wealth as not being normal even though 99% of people get nowhere near it

earning 700k a year is not normal

having access to that kind of money and influence and lifestyle is not normal

so you don't see massive wealth as not being normal even though 99% of people get nowhere near it

earning 700k a year is not normal

having access to that kind of money and influence and lifestyle is not normal

Well we are told ther are may multi million dollar super aaccounts so what is normal for a leader with responsibility.

No, it's not common.

All are people.
i never said they weren't people i said they were moving in circles the majority of us will never have access to

as usual though you take offence and me pointing that out rather than it existing

i never said they weren't people i said they were moving in circles the majority of us will never have access to

as usual though you take offence and me pointing that out rather than it existing

But they're not "normal". So different. You see things in Ms Mostyn (the new GG who is getting paid a lot) because of her wealth (earned through providing value to others) and not through her behaviour. If not, why make the distinction?

Because it enables you to attack without having a issue with your conscience. They're different. Not normal. Because of their money.

So I did take offence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But they're not "normal". So different. You see things in Ms Mostyn (the new GG who is getting paid a lot) because of her wealth (earned through providing value to others) and not through her behaviour. If not, why make the distinction?

Because it enables you to attack without having a issue with your conscience. They're different. Not normal. Because of their money.

So I did take offence.
yeah you take offense at that and are a member of the liberal party lol

always interesting what you lot find offensive

"You lot"

Consistent at least.
yeah members of the liberal party

lack of manners is offensive to you, except when its being used by your own party to say things like Albo is a manchild

but supporting a party that is openly racist, anti climate, change, anti worker, pro mining billionaires, anti immigrant, unless you're white and rich then its ok, that's fine

but suggesting rich people aren't normal, how dare you sir

shows just how ****ed up your priorities are, oh no a swear I expect you'll gnash your teeth over that again while continuing to support some of the worst people in the country because they're on your side

high quality GIF

yeah members of the liberal party

, anti climate, change,

Are they though?
Seems they are just anti what labor want to do. (Which seems their only game plan atm).
Renewables, no.
Nuclear, yes.

And based on the news above from multiple posters - wouldn’t Labor therefore be in the same boat - re anti climate change?

Are they though?
Seems they are just anti what labor want to do. (Which seems their only game plan atm).
Renewables, no.
Nuclear, yes.

And based on the news above from multiple posters - wouldn’t Labor therefore be in the same boat - re anti climate change?
It's the dishonesty, and how willing they are to trick people that makes it worse.

Every interview with a member of the Coalition on Nuclear power should be initiated with a "Do you believe anthropomorphic climate change is real, yes or no?".

Because their position is a mix of 'no' and 'yes, but Australia doesn't have any impact on it'.

What they're doing with nuclear is purely to stop and minimise the transition to renewables, and keep the reliance on coal and gas. While pushing the continuation of exports.

Nuclear even 20 years ago would have been a reasonable option. But there is just no case for it now in Australia.
So yes, the majority of people pushing for the creation of a new nuclear power industry in Australia, are 'anti-climate change'.

I make just over 130 000 a year and consider myself rich when I compare it to most modern day Australians.

700 000 is ridiculous for a ceremonial job.
They are just laughing at us peasants. 700k and a lifetime pension worth a huge amount.

We need an uprising and politicians to be at least fearful of the public.,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back