Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

That's a damn good point. Why should people get slugged twice when an economy overheats, with inflation and interest rates? More money to super (instead of banks) is an infinitely better case.

one of the many daft and counterproductive policies of the libs is wanting to allow peeps to access super easily.

Part of the problem is the moderates in the Libs accepted the hard right in good faith at first and by the time they realised that we weren't playing Queensbury Rules it was often too late.
i really just think moderates are people without real conviction

centerism, the idea of compromise, it just means going along for the ride, not rocking the boat too much, trying to maintain the status quo

no real ambition for change

people like that, well they fold under pressure because they'd rather keep their seat at the table than stand for something, especially if it doesn't directly impact them

its why you really only see them take a stand when their seat it as risk

or when something that personally impacts them happens like Fatima Payman looking like they will leave labor over their position on Palestine

its why the hard right of the labor party rules it, and why the hard right of the coalition rules it

they'll keep fighting for what they want

the ALP killing off their own real left faction over the last 40 years to keep those that will compromise with right is how we end up with a party that exists to capture the progressive vote, not be progressive

the moderates in the LNP exist to capture those votes, not to keep the party from implementing hard right policies

one of the many daft and counterproductive policies of the libs is wanting to allow peeps to access super easily.
i reckon they'd have data that the people most likely to do this are with the industry fund more than the retail funds

they'd see weakening them as a win

i really just think moderates are people without real conviction

centerism, the idea of compromise, it just means going along for the ride, not rocking the boat too much, trying to maintain the status quo

no real ambition for change

people like that, well they fold under pressure because they'd rather keep their seat at the table than stand for something, especially if it doesn't directly impact them

its why you really only see them take a stand when their seat it as risk

or when something that personally impacts them happens like Fatima Payman looking like they will leave labor over their position on Palestine

its why the hard right of the labor party rules it, and why the hard right of the coalition rules it

they'll keep fighting for what they want

the ALP killing off their own real left faction over the last 40 years to keep those that will compromise with right is how we end up with a party that exists to capture the progressive vote, not be progressive

the moderates in the LNP exist to capture those votes, not to keep the party from implementing hard right policies

Or you could say that extreme views are....."extreme".

i reckon they'd have data that the people most likely to do this are with the industry fund more than the retail funds

It won't weaken the funds much.
Always more new people coming in than cashing out.

It means that those spending their super, won't have enough and will end up on the pension, which is why we wanted super in the first place.

It won't weaken the funds much.
Always more new people coming in than cashing out.

It means that those spending their super, won't have enough and will end up on the pension, which is why we wanted super in the first place.

As genx and later come to retirement, they will have had a lot more Years of Compiulsory super than boomers

I’d imagine for middle class, boomers have a lot more property wealth than super wealth
In effect super will be cashflow management

There's comedy, there's high comedy, there's transcendent comedy, and there's being called a coward by someone using an anonymous online pseudonym.
glad I could give you a laugh while you work with some of the worst people in the country to get Dutton in power

(Log in to remove this ad.)

anecdotally it’s way more widespread than that. and peeps are not doing it out of necessity. i can’t readily recall the program but there was a story on one bloke who withdrew $50k to have teeth implants for cosmetic reasons.

Barnaby's response.
I mean, the only thing that’s consistent is this guy is treacherous.

That’s what’s consistent. And of course in the past we can now sit back and go, ‘he was never in our party’.

He should have joined the Labor Party at the start when he left school. Signed up. Maybe that’s his natural home.”
Joyce says everything Kean had ever said now should be questioned.

Could you trust him? Can you trust him with all that he said, with always [advocating] with the sort of bleeding heart, ‘I wanted to save the world’ kind of approach? Or do you think you’re a mischievous, duplicitous person who was taking us all for a ride?”

anecdotally it’s way more widespread than that. and peeps are not doing it out of necessity. i can’t readily recall the program but there was a story on one bloke who withdrew $50k to have teeth implants for cosmetic reasons.
There was a massive spike in boob jobs in covid.

Please make Malcolm Turnbull the GG - the meltdowns would be epic

Speaking of which, they announced today they're giving the incoming GG, who is a devout Republican and believes that Australia Day is invasion day, a $209,000 pa pay rise for the 5 year duration of the role. Apparently it's because she doesn't receive any other pensions like ex-military, political or judicial GGs have.

Ar the end of her term, she will receive a pension for life which will be 60% of the $704,000pa salary she is too receive.

Just another reason to hate all of these campaigners.

I don't ever remember hearing that someone like Peter Hollingworth received a huge pay bump as I would image a person from a religious background wouldn't be in receipt of an existing, large pension.

Speaking of which, they announced today they're giving the incoming GG, who is a devout Republican and believes that Australia Day is invasion day, a $209,000 pa pay rise for the 5 year duration of the role. Apparently it's because she doesn't receive any other pensions like ex-military, political or judicial GGs have.

Ar the end of her term, she will receive a pension for life which will be 60% of the $704,000pa salary she is too receive.

Just another reason to hate all of these campaigners.

I don't ever remember hearing that someone like Peter Hollingworth received a huge pay bump as I would image a person from a religious background wouldn't be in receipt of an existing, large pension.

I've just heard it suggested that she negotiated the salary before she'd agree to accept the role.

Does the defection of Matt Kean from the Liberals to be the head of the Climate Change Authority bring back memories for people who were born before 1975 of a big political story broken by Laurie Oakes, who was the chief political writer for the then Sun newspaper in 1974 that Vincent Gair, who was the leader of the now-defunct Democratic Labor Party, had accepted an offer from Prime Minister, the late Gough Whitlam, to be the ambassador to the Republic of Ireland. The DLP expelled Gair from the party, the then opposition leader Bill Sneddon wanted to force a vote of no confidence in Whitlam, only to be caught short when Whitlam announced a federal election, which was held on the same day as the Windy Hill brawl in 1974.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back