Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

We need an uprising and politicians to be at least fearful of the public.,
They are now, more than ever.

It's why almost everything is based around polling and public perception more than what's actually best for the majority of Australians.

Fear of public, business groups and lobby groups must be at an all time high in Australian politics.

What you're probably advocating for, if you're honest, is fearing for their lives rather than their livelihoods.

They are now, more than ever.

It's why almost everything is based around polling and public perception more than what's actually best for the majority of Australians.

Fear of public, business groups and lobby groups must be at an all time high in Australian politics.

What you're probably advocating for, if you're honest, is fearing for their lives rather than their livelihoods.

Albo isn’t afraid of much if he is handing out pay rises like that for absolutely no reason.

You should be a politician.

Coming from you, is this some kind of threat??

I’m asking for you to let us all know why her pay rise is justifiable. Go ahead….
This is a new topic.
My personal opinion is that the remuneration bill that the Albo gov is attempting to pass for Mostyn who is to be the next GG, is not justifiable.

I can understand their reasoning for it, but that doesn't mean I think that such a high Commonwealth remuneration is justifiable for the current GG Hurley, nor for the next GG Mostyn.

1719377228072.png 1719377273179.png

1719377317645.png

1719377339089.png

With all of this information, does that help you understand why I pointed out you had no understanding of this topic, based on your post about 'Albo's fear'?

Albo isn’t afraid of much if he is handing out pay rises like that for absolutely no reason.

It probably does help you understand, but you'd never be honest about it.

I've gotta go, my inner-city soy latte is ready.

Coming from you, is this some kind of threat??

This is a new topic.
My personal opinion is that the remuneration bill that the Albo gov is attempting to pass for Mostyn who is to be the next GG, is not justifiable.

I can understand their reasoning for it, but that doesn't mean I think that such a high Commonwealth remuneration is justifiable for the current GG Hurley, nor for the next GG Mostyn.

View attachment 2030768View attachment 2030770

View attachment 2030772

View attachment 2030773

With all of this information, does that help you understand why I pointed out you had no understanding of this topic, based on your post about 'Albo's fear'?

It probably does help you understand, but you'd never be honest about it.

I've gotta go, my inner-city soy latte is ready.
I have complete understanding of the topic. Really struggling to understand what new info you think you are pointing out.

I have complete understanding of the topic. Really struggling to understand what new info you think you are pointing out.
Sorry, I was busy sipping my inner-city soy latte while being confused about the plight of farmers in rural areas.

So you understand that this is a total non-issue being turned into a big deal to foment anger and hate towards Mostyn before she's even taken up the position... So that when she actually becomes the GG and advocates for woman's equality, DV funding, Indigenous recognition and action on climate change, that she will already be known as an 'overpaid elitist'?

Probably some future Credlin panel.
"Controversial elitist GG Mostyn in the news again with her baffling take on renewable energy. "It's good", she claims.
Joining us to discuss the need for the GG to be impartial we have former PM Abbott and columnist for The Australia, Janet Albrechtsen.
Janet, is the woke left out of control in Australia and is it time to bring out the baseball bats?"

Sorry, I was busy sipping my inner-city soy latte while being confused about the plight of farmers in rural areas.

So you understand that this is a total non-issue being turned into a big deal to foment anger and hate towards Mostyn before she's even taken up the position... So that when she actually becomes the GG and advocates for woman's equality, DV funding, Indigenous recognition and action on climate change, that she will already be known as an 'overpaid elitist'?

Probably some future Credlin panel.
"Controversial elitist GG Mostyn in the news again with her baffling take on renewable energy. "It's good", she claims.
Joining us to discuss the need for the GG to be impartial we have former PM Abbott and columnist for The Australia, Janet Albrechtsen.
Janet, is the woke left out of control in Australia and is it time to bring out the baseball bats?"
How is it a total non issue she has received astronomical pay rise? Its clearly frustrating for the average Australian to be struggling while she receives a 200k pay increase from what is usually allowed for the job. Albo is completely out of touch and just throwing away more and more tax payers money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is it a total non issue she has received astronomical pay rise? Its clearly frustrating for the average Australian to be struggling while she receives a 200k pay increase from what is usually allowed for the job. Albo is completely out of touch and just throwing away more and more tax payers money.
Albo's "throwing away" far more than that with Stage 3 tax cuts for high income earners... Just sayin...

Absolute non-story

Ms Mostyn will receive almost the exact current GG is receiving, but her salary must be legislated before she commences, and the current GG is receiving less because he also receives a military pension. It's a non story.

Good news, chump.

I've 'heard it suggested that' they can cover the cost with the money they got back from Morrison's alleged bribe to Hurley to sign off on all of his hidden ministry appointments.

What a relief, hey?

I mean, it was $4million a year for the scam. What's the amount you're complaining about for this woman? $200k a year?

Pissweak response that has nothing to do with what I'm posting about.

Pissweak response that has nothing to do with what I'm posting about.
Do you understand that GG stands for Governor General?

David Hurley is the Australian Governor General...
Sam Mostyn is the incoming Australian Governor General...

Sam Mostyn is going to be receiving basically the same Commonwealth remuneration as David Hurley currently is as Governor General.

David Hurley also signed off on Morrison's multiple ministries, and kept it secret from Australians and even the ministers of the ministerial positions Morrison was sworn into.
Morrison signed off on a hidden $18m 'grant' to a non-existent program that Hurley would control the funding for.

Your post is complaining about the waste of money going to the Australian Governor General...
And you think this has nothing to do with your post...?

Ok mete.

As a fellow bleeding heart SJW, I'd argue that if her total commonwealth remuneration is just going to be on parity with the male currently in the position, then I support it.

If Hurley was in some positions and roles that set him up with other commonwealth income that may not have been available to women due to inequality, etc this is a positive thing.

Sure, we can argue to get rid of the position. But then we should be 'attacking' the current GG who is currently getting that remuneration, rather than pre-emptively attacking the person who isn't even in the role yet.

And maybe we could get a few more Aussies upset with the possible Morrison/Hurley corruption, and the embarrassing abuse of power Hurley and his wife would use in official acts.

I just think rather than getting outraged at the yet-to-happen WHOMAN!! situation, lead by the Fordham types, we should ensure steady control of the narrative to make sure our morals and values aren't used against us in our race to be virtuous.

Every role that Hurley has ever done have been available to her. It's really nothing to do with her being a woman, I'm not sure why you keep bringing her up.

Hurley's pension is from his contributions over a 42 year career in the Army.

When Mostyn reaches a suitable age she will be entitled to access her own super which as far as I've read won't affect her lifetime GG's pension whereas Hurley's military pension will.

Every role that Hurley has ever done have been available to her. It's really nothing to do with her being a woman, I'm not sure why you keep bringing her up.
It's the SJW bit...

Yes. So he was paid accordingly as GG, based on that.
His total commonwealth remuneration was set so that he would have a set income as GG.
And that's for it to be inline with the estimated average salary of the chief justice of the high court of Australia.
This isn't new, this is an ongoing practice.

You can argue that in general it should be less.

But for you to use it as justification to HATE Mostyn, is just you putting a mask on.
Just another reason to hate all of these campaigners.

When Mostyn reaches a suitable age she will be entitled to access her own super which as far as I've read won't affect her lifetime GG's pension whereas Hurley's military pension will.
So she basically reaps the same benefits as what Hurley earnt in the army over a 40+ year career... laughable

Do you understand that GG stands for Governor General?

David Hurley is the Australian Governor General...
Sam Mostyn is the incoming Australian Governor General...

Sam Mostyn is going to be receiving basically the same Commonwealth remuneration as David Hurley currently is as Governor General.

David Hurley also signed off on Morrison's multiple ministries, and kept it secret from Australians and even the ministers of the ministerial positions Morrison was sworn into.
Morrison signed off on a hidden $18m 'grant' to a non-existent program that Hurley would control the funding for.

Your post is complaining about the waste of money going to the Australian Governor General...
And you think this has nothing to do with your post...?

Ok mete.

I'm not complaining about the waste, I'm complaining about her receiving a $200+k pay rise for a public service position. If she was a contactor / consultant and she negotiated the salary for herself then good luck to her, but she isn't.

When she finishes her term, she will receive a lifetime pension of $400+k per year, plus whatever her own personal super will be when she decides to access it. The pensions of past GGs who are in receipt of other Commonwealth pension, be they military, judicial or parliamentary will be taken into account and their GG pension reduced accordingly so they're not seen to be double dipping.

I feel like I've posted this numerous times already.

I also have a huge issue with her accepting the role when she is an avowed Republican.

I hope booing of our GG becomes a thing like it has for premiers and prime minister's when they attend things.

We live in some sort of bizzaro world where Dutton can hand out a $420 Million contract to a company with no assets in a shack on Kangaroo Island and then vary the contract without tenders to $1.4 billion dollars - this is the yacht they now cruise around on;

Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 4.31.27 pm.png

But we are losing our collective minds over the Governor General getting a $214,000 pay rise.

I could have also gone with airport land worth $3m purchased with public money for $30m, Angus Taylor's various family windfalls, Gina Reinhardt giving cash prizes to Barnaby Joyce (yes I know he gave that back - allegedly), yada yada

As usual the conservative media are ignoring everything of note and blowing what is almost an irrelevance completely out of proportion. Gotta feed that angertainment :rolleyes:

We live in some sort of bizzaro world where Dutton can hand out a $420 Million contract to a company with no assets in a shack on Kangaroo Island and then vary the contract without tenders to $1.4 billion dollars - this is the yacht they now cruise around on;

View attachment 2030861

But we are losing our collective minds over the Governor General getting a $214,000 pay rise.

I could have also gone with airport land worth $3m purchased with public money for $30m, Angus Taylor's various family windfalls, Gina Reinhardt giving cash prizes to Barnaby Joyce (yes I know he gave that back - allegedly), yada yada

As usual the conservative media are ignoring everything of note and blowing what is almost an irrelevance completely out of proportion. Gotta feed that angertainment :rolleyes:
Oh the entire system is broken and corrupt. This threads just about Albo

So she basically reaps the same benefits as what Hurley earnt in the army over a 40+ year career... laughable
I'm not complaining about the waste, I'm complaining about her receiving a $200+k pay rise for a public service position. If she was a contactor / consultant and she negotiated the salary for herself then good luck to her, but she isn't.

When she finishes her term, she will receive a lifetime pension of $400+k per year, plus whatever her own personal super will be when she decides to access it. The pensions of past GGs who are in receipt of other Commonwealth pension, be they military, judicial or parliamentary will be taken into account and their GG pension reduced accordingly so they're not seen to be double dipping.

I feel like I've posted this numerous times already.

I also have a huge issue with her accepting the role when she is an avowed Republican.

I hope booing of our GG becomes a thing like it has for premiers and prime minister's when they attend things.

1719383814603.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back