Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

I could have googled that, I wanted to know what you think the important functions they do are

All job ads like that make the role sound better than it is
None of the things listed are worth $700k pa plus lifetime pension

If the role disappeared quietly, no one would notice. Not even the people defending it as important
And I answered - everything on the page I linked to

Imagine no GG: who would dissolve the parliament?

I don't agree with the assertions included in the second statement. And that's all I am going to say on that issue.

I was making the point that somewhere else around here Gralin suggested I was "working for some of the worst people in the country", but not giving ALP rank and file members the same courtesy when by his own admission, the parliamentary members of both parties mentioned were almost the same.
Well you seem to be onboard with the bullshit

I don't see you calling out Dutton or the liberals on the regular on here

I dont see articles about liberal branch meetings getting heated over Coalition policy

Of course there will be members of the ALP that agree with what the party is doing but its pretty clear there is a lot of dissatisfaction there

if you find it insulting that I think you happily work some of the worst people in the world, maybe don't do that?

nobody is making you support these chuds

I also said the labor rank and file members that don't agree with labor should stop hoping they can change it and walk

remove support

the only thing that might pull labor left is consequences, they don't want to move left, they want to move right

and no I don't think the greens are the answer, the system is not going to fix itself, because that would suggest it isn't doing exactly what is is meant to be doing

I don't see you calling out Dutton or the liberals on the regular on here

I've said many times on here that my criticism of the party of which I am a member and its members is normally reserved for other fora. I am entirely comfortable with you having a problem with that.
I dont see articles about liberal branch meetings getting heated over Coalition policy

When do you see articles about liberal branch meeting period? Also, Liberal MPs decide the policy.
and no I don't think the greens are the answer, the system is not going to fix itself, because that would suggest it isn't doing exactly what is is meant to be doing

Maybe you can fix it like you fixed the swear filter?

I've said many times on here that my criticism of the party of which I am a member and its members is normally reserved for other fora. I am entirely comfortable with you having a problem with that.
Yes very convenient for you that you keep your criticism of your own party private and spend all your time here attacking everyone else and getting offended about swear words

When do you see articles about liberal branch meeting period? Also, Liberal MPs decide the policy.

Maybe you can fix it like you fixed the swear filter?
I have nothing to do with the swear filter but again happy to be associated with racists don't like someone saying ****

Classic conservative bullshit

Yes very convenient for you that you keep your criticism of your own party private and spend all your time here attacking everyone else and getting offended about swear words

I have nothing to do with the swear filter but again happy to be associated with racists don't like someone saying ****

Classic conservative bullshit

Moderate the site but use and support a swear filter than doesn't filter swear words

Classic left-wing hypocrisy

Moderate the site but use and support a swear filter than doesn't filter swear words

Classic left-wing hypocrisy
i didnt realise being left wing involved being anti swear word

I guess its the anarchist in me

It certainly involves only applying rules when they suit you
If you'd like to continue talking about how the site rules work after having it explained to you multiple times you can do so via PM

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What has The Punter done to deserve this pile on?
He has always been quite open and reasonable.
The worrying thing is it almost always comes from Mods so there is an inherent threat of being banned every time he or someone else defends his position.
Think you need to look up the definition of a pile on

Good to see Labor backgrounding their own senator to the media now that she plans on sitting on the cross bench

top shelf, a+ behavior

What has The Punter done to deserve this pile on?
He has always been quite open and reasonable.
The worrying thing is it almost always comes from Mods so there is an inherent threat of being banned every time he or someone else defends his position.

I am a card carrying member of the Victorian Division of the Liberal Party of Australia.

I couldn't be less concerned about a ban.

But I also don't see it as a pile on. I don't feel victimised in any way, shape or form.

People defending 700k a year to a nothing position. fmd
I linked to the GG's duties.

I think if you think it is a nothing position, you should go through those duties and make an argument for either:

• a specific other role which would perform those duties
  • those roles being abolished

I imagine if you undertook the task the first few would be easy then you might really run into some trouble. Either way it would be an interesting exercise.

I linked to the GG's duties.

I think if you think it is a nothing position, you should go through those duties and make an argument for either:

• a specific other role which would perform those duties
  • those roles being abolished

I imagine if you undertook the task the first few would be easy then you might really run into some trouble. Either way it would be an interesting exercise.
Not that interesting. You do it but explain why it justifies such a pay packet

Halve the salary, get rid of the ridiculous pension. No one suffers

Not that interesting. You do it but explain why it justifies such a pay packet

Halve the salary, get rid of the ridiculous pension. No one suffers

I've made my case: it's all important work vital to the ongoing smooth operation of our nation, and the salary reflects its importance and the fact we want the best possible person to undertake the role.

Again, I ask: without a Governor-General, who dissolves the parliament?

I've made my case: it's all important work vital to the ongoing smooth operation of our nation, and the salary reflects its importance and the fact we want the best possible person to undertake the role.

I agree, though the on-going pension seems a bit rich... Nobody needs that sort of coin to enjoy their retirement, especially when they have just come from such a well paying job.

There's pages and pages of people attacking the Libs, not sure why you'd expect one of their members to join in, he does a decent job trying to explain how it works.

The ALP explanation seems to be the totalitarian one "You follow the rules or you're expelled, no room for any deviation whatsoever, not even for human rights or genocide". Who would choose to join such a party. I understand if you're in a Union there's not really any other political party choice. But geez, why would anybody who wants to make the country better join the ALP so they can be told what to do by corrupt Union leaders like the religious zealots of the Shoppies.

I'm not sure why they have to be high-profile people (therefore demanding a high salary).

Why not make it a job for the outgoing ACT Mayor or some other standard reward? Since they get a free house, how about just a $350k salary. I'm sure they could make do.

Most of them don't even bother to live in the free house they're given, they've got so much time to do the things which are more important to them than their $700k job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back