Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

As someone else rightly pointed out earlier... Perhaps Lara Tingle had a point and the ones shouting at her were just scared to do some self reflection??
Of course that's what it is. Payman showing it's possible just points out all the people's flaws who refused to cross the floor for their own consciences.

It makes them feel bad, so instead of wondering why they never stood by their convictions, they attack somebody else for standing by theirs.

Of course that's what it is. Payman showing it's possible just points out all the people's flaws who refused to cross the floor for their own consciences.

It makes them feel bad, so instead of wondering why they never stood by their convictions, they attack somebody else for standing by theirs.
The fact that Tingle is also on the public payroll makes her an even easier target.

This issue will pass for a lot of people by the time we get to the election, but there will be plenty who won't forget how Albo and the ALP leadership have acted here. There would be a few nervous MPs from outer and western Sydney seats who'd be getting a bit nervous right now.

The fact that Tingle is also on the public payroll makes her an even easier target.

This issue will pass for a lot of people by the time we get to the election, but there will be plenty who won't forget how Albo and the ALP leadership have acted here. There would be a few nervous MPs from outer and western Sydney seats who'd be getting a bit nervous right now.
They've got big margins and the LNP are worse (with their Islamophobic leader, members and policies). The Greens in those seats are around 7%, not a realistic threat. It probably means they won't win Fowler back, though.

Seems to be mostly Greens voters getting outraged about Payman being mistreated. As someone who voted ALP last election, this issue will have no effect on my voting intentions next time around.

Is there anyone here who will actually change their vote as a result?

Now the country is running out of Gas....it's insane!
We are not running out. We just allowed foreign (including unfriendly governments) companies buy our gas production so they sell it overseas first and then charge us more for what they can't sell to their home country. And of course, the foreign owned power generation companies charge even more on top

We must ban all future sales of resource and power production to foreign interests.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Seems to be mostly Greens voters getting outraged about Payman being mistreated. As someone who voted ALP last election, this issue will have no effect on my voting intentions next time around.

Is there anyone here who will actually change their vote as a result?
I voted ALP. I've not been happy with a lack of movement in several areas, but more recently, Australia's meek actions over Israel in Gaza and the absolute cowardice over Payman have me more likely to vote elsewhere. I'll still preference them over the Coalition, but they have to give me some positive reasons if they want my vote.

I voted ALP. I've not been happy with a lack of movement in several areas, but more recently, Australia's meek actions over Israel in Gaza and the absolute cowardice over Payman have me more likely to vote elsewhere. I'll still preference them over the Coalition, but they have to give me some positive reasons if they want my vote.
There's Dutton's problem in a nutshell. The votes Labor are bleeding aren't going anywhere near him.

People are changing vote over middle east warfare going on decades rather than cost of living, supermarket price gouging, sky high energy prices, housing crisis, increasing homelessness, lack of DV action, or any number of problems we have here that need addressing?

People are changing vote over middle east warfare going on decades rather than cost of living, supermarket price gouging, sky high energy prices, housing crisis, increasing homelessness, lack of DV action, or any number of problems we have here that need addressing?
What's Dutton offering on any of that? More of the Morrison years with nuclear power, nobody wants that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nowhere did I praise Dutton, speak of Dutton or anything to do with Dutton but please, do go on about Dutton if you feel better
Read the post above yours. As indifferent as Albanese has been he's not losing votes to Dutton who's going to have to offer a lot more than he is if he want's to be PM.

Read the post above yours. As indifferent as Albanese has been he's not losing votes to Dutton who's going to have to offer a lot more than he is if he want's to be PM.
Im speaking to my utter confusion of the reason people are changing votes. They're seemingly not worried about the many issues here but Palestine, which will never ever be fixed as a bridge too far for them. Its bewildering to me

Neither party here will actually fix any issues here, thats the shit show we're in but ****ed if i understand changing your vote over something overseas. Our politicians work for us, not Palestine. It shouldn't be the major issue for our votes imo.

They are deluded they obviously don’t get out of their bubble, the issue won’t be a second thought for the majority of voters on election day, oh wait minute it will be for a certain part of the electorate the Greens lol.

Payman crossed the floor because she agreed with the stance of the Greens , recognising Palestinian statehood.

Here is the official view of the government.

Australia does not recognise a Palestinian state. We are committed to a two-state solution in which Israel and a future Palestinian state coexist, in peace and security, within internationally recognised borders.
--------------

Australia's official engagement with the Palestinians is through the Palestinian Authority. The Australian Representative Office in Ramallah (ARO), established in September 2000, facilitates Australia's relationship with the Palestinian Authority, and enables Australia to engage on political, economic and social developments in the Occupied Palestinian Territories.

The ARO aids Australia's support for the Middle East Peace Process through regular engagement with the Palestinian Authority, the United Nations, including the Office of the United Nations Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process, other representatives of the international community and civil society organisations.

The ARO also oversees the implementation of Australia's development cooperation program and humanitarian assistance to the West Bank and Gaza, which reflects and responds to Palestinians’ needs, and supports Australia’s interest in a more stable, secure Middle East.

------------------------------
I see the view of the Government more as more rational than that of the Greens/Payman.

If you're referring to me, did you read what I wrote?

The issues you raise are important, but I also apply analysis as to what level I hold the ALP responsible for those issues (as opposed to structural issues that are not due to decisions they've taken), as well as what they are doing on these and other issues in this term of government, in comparison to the alternatives I have.

I was already thinking of changing my vote, this has made it more likely.

Last edited:
Referendums not getting up in australia is unremarkable, but we are in the age of massive hyperbola over unremarkable things.
Governments rarely lose power over them

As a hydrocarbon, Gas has a relatively low CO2 count when its burnt ( compared to coal ).
However.....add energy to it to liquify, then transport in inefficient ships ....might as well burn coal.

Gas ships were powered partly or wholly by the gas they carry last time I looked. Some of the most efficient ships around

Of course they can’t run on gas on the empty leg of their round trip

We are not running out. We just allowed foreign (including unfriendly governments) companies buy our gas production so they sell it overseas first and then charge us more for what they can't sell to their home country. And of course, the foreign owned power generation companies charge even more on top

We must ban all future sales of resource and power production to foreign interests.
Go a step further, we must nationalise all resource and power production or at least make them pay a significant resource tax and legislate they must sell a specific amount within Australia and cap the price they can sell for here so we actually benefit from our own resources.

They are deluded they obviously don’t get out of their bubble, the issue won’t be a second thought for the majority of voters on election day, oh wait minute it will be for a certain part of the electorate the Greens lol.
There may be a portion of the Muslim and Lebanese (Christian and Muslim) communities who disagree with you, I could see it influencing whether they vote ALP or not.

There seems to be some assumption that’s immigrants will vot according to the culture of the counttry they came from.

There may be reasons they came here perhaps dissatisfaction with religious un secular states back home, even if they are personally religious

Gas ships were powered partly or wholly by the gas they carry last time I looked. Some of the most efficient ships around

Of course they can’t run on gas on the empty leg of their round trip

Didn't realise that. Yeah apparently they duel fuel. They claim 20% less CO2 emission than on diesel.
But its still adding CO2 to compress and liquify, and still emitting CO2 to transport then will emit CO2 to burn.
Australian LPG burnt in Japan is certainly worse than Australian LPG burnt in Australia.

( International shipping emits more CO2 than Australia does ).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back