Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahh yes.

Massive corporations like Coles Myer and Wesfarmers flying to close to the sun on pay awards means that the CFMEU (****ing lol) are the good guys on this topic.

Especially when we are talking about legitimate medium to small business' when you are discussing CFMEU EBA signatories.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, nor who you are defending.

This is not a theoretical university class about trade unions and industrial relations.

Australia has some of the most powerful and corrupt unions on the planet, with the CFMEU being THE most corrupt and powerful in Australia.....
I like how billions in wage theft is shrugged off by you.
You should probably note I was replying to someone asking for evidence of large scale corporate wage theft in Australia

I made no commentary on unions or the CFMEU in those posts

I like how billions in wage theft is shrugged off by you.
You should probably note I was replying to someone asking for evidence of large scale corporate wage theft in Australia

I made no commentary on unions or the CFMEU in those posts

Corporate wage theft has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

Again, you will bring in any irrelevant topic to divert the blame.

For starters the CFMEU does not represent workers on a corporate scale like the SDA does.

So why even mention it?

Corporate wage theft has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

Again, you will bring in any irrelevant topic to divert the blame.

For starters the CFMEU does not represent workers on a corporate scale like the SDA does.

So why even mention it?
I didn't bring it up and again I didn't mention unions or the CFMEU in my recent post that you're cracking the shits over

I didn't bring it up and again I didn't mention unions or the CFMEU in my recent post that you're cracking the shits over

You didn't bring up the CFMEU but felt like inserting corporate wage theft 'in general' and the importance of trade unions 'in general' in a thread that had been discussing the ALP and the CFMEU for the last 10 pages? You specifically said the governments motives were to bring down a Union simply because it was powerful and successful? What other Union are you talking about?

I'm not cracking the shits over anything.

This current topic is one of those occurrences every so often that occurs in politics that is so bad, that it transcends party lines.

It's always a good exercise to see those who defend party politics, no matter the moral topic or evidence of wrong doing.

You didn't bring up the CFMEU but felt like inserting corporate wage theft 'in general' and the importance of trade unions 'in general' in a thread that had been discussing the ALP and the CFMEU for the last 10 pages? You specifically said the governments motives were to bring down a Union simply because it was powerful and successful? What other Union are you talking about?

I'm not cracking the shits over anything.

This current topic is one of those occurrences every so often that occurs in politics that is so bad, that it transcends party lines.

It's always a good exercise to see those who defend party politics, no matter the moral topic or evidence of wrong doing.
if you claim i inserted wage theft again when its clear I didn't you'll be posting elsewhere for a while

I didn't start the coversation on wage theft, I joined it, this isn't a thread specifically about the CFMEU either so if you're so upset about it start a thread about the CFMEU

The ICJ has officially ruled that Israel is running an apartheid state in the West Bank, that all settlements are illegal and need to be removed.

Also, that any state supporting those settlements needs to stop or be complicit in war crimes.

Let's see what weasel words the Albanese Govt comes up with to support an apartheid state.

You wouldn't have thought Australia would sink to this level, but here we are, supporting an apartheid state and colonial war crimes.

The ICJ has officially ruled that Israel is running an apartheid state in the West Bank, that all settlements are illegal and need to be removed.

Also, that any state supporting those settlements needs to stop or be complicit in war crimes.

Let's see what weasel words the Albanese Govt comes up with to support an apartheid state.

You wouldn't have thought Australia would sink to this level, but here we are, supporting an apartheid state and colonial war crimes.
Not surprisingly they're not saying anything at the moment
Albo is tweeting about crowdstrike and Wong is tweeting about Russia

a disgrace. as if successive governments giving billions wasn't enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O'Connor's seat may possibly be interesting. He's the only sitting member in its history, been there for 20 years, it's in the outer west, and there was a swing against Labor at the last election. A lot of things at play at the same time.

O'Connor's seat may possibly be interesting. He's the only sitting member in its history, been there for 20 years, it's in the outer west, and there was a swing against Labor at the last election. A lot of things at play at the same time.
O'Connor won the 2PP by 20% even after a 10% reduction in Labor votes (and the Libs lost half a % too). Those areas are not turning Liberal. Between the dog-whistling racism, full-throated support of Israel and tax cuts for the rich, the people of Gorton will turn blue before they're majority Liberal (a great chunk of them being union members working in the western industrial precincts).

Hard to judge O'Connor, you would think he should have achieved more as a Minister in several cabinets, but his wife was fighting breast cancer (and eventually died) for a good chunk of his time in office.

O'Connor won the 2PP by 20% even after a 10% reduction in Labor votes (and the Libs lost half a % too). Those areas are not turning Liberal. Between the dog-whistling racism, full-throated support of Israel and tax cuts for the rich, the people of Gorton will turn blue before they're majority Liberal (a great chunk of them being union members working in the western industrial precincts).

Hard to judge O'Connor, you would think he should have achieved more as a Minister in several cabinets, but his wife was fighting breast cancer (and eventually died) for a good chunk of his time in office.
It is standard practice to express the margin in Australian elections against 50%, so the margin would usually be expressed as being 10% (ALP loses 10% to the Libs it becomes a tie).

The dog-whistle accusation aside, the other mentioned aspects were true in 2022 as well when there was a swing. Dutton wants to target these electorates rather than the seats held by the teals, hence the anti-supermarket rhetoric and other such stuff. It remains interesting considering O'Connor will have a personal vote that he takes with him. I wish him all the best in retirement.

It is standard practice to express the margin in Australian elections against 50%, so the margin would usually be expressed as being 10% (ALP loses 10% to the Libs it becomes a tie).

The dog-whistle accusation aside, the other mentioned aspects were true in 2022 as well when there was a swing. Dutton wants to target these electorates rather than the seats held by the teals, hence the anti-supermarket rhetoric and other such stuff. It remains interesting considering O'Connor will have a personal vote that he takes with him. I wish him all the best in retirement.
I guess a lot of them left the ALP for One Nation which preferenced them back to the Libs, but the Libs only picked up 4% 2PP. They need another 10%, which probably means more going to One Nation and UAP. The Libs would have to be worried about slipping to third on the ticket if that keeps happening.

My only argument is "Tony Abbott isn't an imbecile". Imbecile literally means "an extremely stupid person". Abbott was a Rhodes Scholar - not stupid. Also managed to become PM - something not possible if you are stupid.

I said nothing nor made any reference to "better".

We call them academic idiots

Remove this Banner Ad

Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back