Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine a world where there are no jokes, sounds fun /s

Ah the eternally offended, such fun & happy people
Imagine a world where you have to explain to your 8 year old children why you shouldn't use the term gay to refer to something that you think is lame or that you don't like.

Oh wait... I had to do that exact thing the other day. But hurrr durrr nobody has a sense of humour anymore :rolleyes:

I don't really see gay marriage as a white people issue - it's strange that anyone would and it probably shows your own bias.
It’s not a “white” issue. It’s an issue predominantly affecting white people in this country. Why? Because white people are the dominant racial group.

Or you can even drop that narrative and just say that white people are among the groups affected by it, which is why they care. Same effect. The point is, people CAN make change. They just won’t

Last edited:

Imagine a world where there are no jokes, sounds fun /s

Ah the eternally offended, such fun & happy people
what's the joke with calling someone gay or saying someone has tourettes?

what's the joke with calling someone gay or saying someone has tourettes?
Read the whole conversation, usually helps

But not shocked the leader of the eternally offended, always miserable crew has entered the chat. If we wanted to be as unhappy as you guys, we'd get offended at everything too but it doesn't look all that fun tbh

But not shocked the leader of the eternally offended, always miserable crew has entered the chat. If we wanted to be as unhappy as you guys, we'd get offended at everything too but it doesn't look all that fun tbh
i have read the entire chat

You can tell when someone is being really offensive anti-disability, gay etc, or just being childish.
so Albo is being childish?

whats childish in the context of what Albo said?

was it meant to offend Angus?

did he use a disability as an insult?

guy is 61 he's hardly a child

so where is the inoffensive joke in what he did

Like when Shane Gillis calls something gay, do you really think he's being homophobic?
yes
so again explain the joke
People love being offended, it's turned into a hobby. Parliament carrying on about this rather than actually working and getting things done is just sad.

Albo is pissweak but apologise and get on with actual work. If that's the biggest news story of the day, you're very privileged
its clearly not the biggest news story of the day but we are also clearly in a thread about Albo so in that context it is something that is going to be discussed

look forward to you explaining how calling something gay or saying someone has tourettes is just a joke

and then explain how its a joke

Actually, I’m going to revise what I said. I know what the issue is.

Generally speaking, white Australians only care about white people. The ones that truly care about non-white people are a minority. I’m not talking about performative “racism is bad” lines. I’m talking about genuine care. The way Palestinian supporters are “talking to you” is just an excuse.

I will highlight two recent examples, and these examples are things that happened here in Australia. They are the legislative recognition of gay marriage and the indigenous voice referendum. One centres white people, and the other does not.

We all witnessed both unfold. The way Australian people pressured the government on the first issue was relentless. The Australian people bandied together to make a change, and they did. This is despite it pertaining to a minority population at the time.

In stark contrast, the Australian people voted a resounding “no” in the Indigenous referendum.

White Australia today has an undercurrent of racism, and it is very apparent in both the indigenous referendum and the current Palestinian situation. It doesn’t matter how many people deflect, this is the current situation.
Given most Israeli Jews aren't actually white or from European?
, do you really think it is racism or that people don't know a lot of the Jews are actually very similar in appearance to their neighbours.

On SM-A136B using BigFooty.com mobile app

i have read the entire chat

so Albo is being childish?

whats childish in the context of what Albo said?

was it meant to offend Angus?

did he use a disability as an insult?

guy is 61 he's hardly a child

so where is the inoffensive joke in what he did

yes
so again explain the joke

its clearly not the biggest news story of the day but we are also clearly in a thread about Albo so in that context it is something that is going to be discussed

look forward to you explaining how calling something gay or saying someone has tourettes is just a joke

and then explain how its a joke
Tourettes comment was childish as stated and he apologised. Not worth 24+ hours of moaning, they (surely) have better things to do

The next part was in response to all those topics being off limits. They're not, comedians use them all the time and it's funny when delivered well. Obviously the really fun people like you who just hate everything don't like it but thankfully you're not the majority outside your internet echo chamber. You don't need to live life always offended for other people, you might even find some joy in life by stopping doing so?

Tourettes comment was childish as stated and he apologised. Not worth 24+ hours of moaning, they (surely) have better things to do

The next part was in response to all those topics being off limits. They're not, comedians use them all the time and it's funny when delivered well. Obviously the really fun people like you who just hate everything don't like it but thankfully you're not the majority outside your internet echo chamber. You don't need to live life always offended for other people, you might even find some joy in life by stopping doing so?
last chance to actually answer the questions

The whole conversation was you thinking it's funny to use the word gay, or references to disability in a derogatory way.

It's not...

Richard Marles’ chief of staff says she is “being bullied out” of her dream job after reporting misbehaviour directly to the Deputy Prime Minister.
In a press conference on Thursday morning, Jo Tarnawsky said she “loved” her job working for Mr Marles, whom she had known for “more than 10 years”.

But she said everything changed in May when she raised concerns of bullying with her boss privately.

Wow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s not a “white” issue. It’s an issue predominantly affecting white people in this country. Why? Because white people are the dominant racial group.

Or you can even drop that narrative and just say that white people are among the groups affected by it, which is why they care. Same effect. The point is, people CAN make change. They just won’t
I don't see much of a racist element to the Australian publics view of the Palestine/Israel conflict. The public want our pollies to focus on domestic issues like housing affordability, cost of living, immigration, employment and the like more than foreign conflicts that don't have a huge direct impact on us - and that includes Russia/Ukraine which are predominantly white nations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back