Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Like Morrison the end goal/ambition seems to be simply about maintaining government.
Hmm I disagree. I think he’s clearly focused on maintaining government so as to implement his agenda.

But the issue I and others have with him is he’s so damn cautious with that agenda. So much is crying out to be fixed now.

More accurate to say Albo aims to maintain government so they can get some things done rather than nothing in opposition. Morrison just wanted to maintain status quo and have as many titles as possible.
I think Albo is doing as little as possible based on the flawed assumption that this means the press will write nice things about him.

It's a common progressive trap. "Do nothing" worked in opposition so the press didn't say bad things about us, let's try it in Government.

I appreciate you're not impressed, I'm just having trouble discerning what his agenda is beyond the Voice.
Well as a disaffected Labor voter who’s voted Greens for some years now I’m not the one who can answer that, but I understand he has a policy agenda.

The Coalition now leads Labor on a two-party-preferred basis for the first time since the May 2022 election in a significant political boost for Peter Dutton as Anthony Albanese’s approval ratings fall to a new low.

An exclusive Newspoll conducted for The Australian shows the Coalition ahead of Labor 51-49, with an eight-month countdown to the next election.

This is the first time the Coalition has led Labor since it lost the 2022 election, cruelling the Prime Minister’s own political benchmark which he set by claiming until now that he had never lost a Newspoll.

The hits keep on coming for Slugger Albo, who is fighting well and truly out of his weight class with Dutton just waiting for the title bout to rightly claim what is his.

One term gummint.

The Coalition now leads Labor on a two-party-preferred basis for the first time since the May 2022 election in a significant political boost for Peter Dutton as Anthony Albanese’s approval ratings fall to a new low.

An exclusive Newspoll conducted for The Australian shows the Coalition ahead of Labor 51-49, with an eight-month countdown to the next election.

This is the first time the Coalition has led Labor since it lost the 2022 election, cruelling the Prime Minister’s own political benchmark which he set by claiming until now that he had never lost a Newspoll.

The hits keep on coming for Slugger Albo.

One term gummint.
This just suggests a minority Labor government. So not a 1 term government.

You know this.

Not a good poll for the current government, but looking at the primaries (and those of the previous newspoll), the 1 point change is probably an overbaked rounding error.

Doesn't mean it ain't close, and Mr Albanese is not travelling poorly.

Trajectory is more the problem than current position. Albanese is losing support in a slow-and-steady fashion.

They've got a budget early next year. I think that'll be make-or-break. Patting themselves on the back over surpluses is proven to not be as successful at the polling booth as middle-class or working-class welfare.

But to do that, they'd have to shred their fear of the press who will make a huge song and dance about no matter what the ALP does.

The LNP always went to middle class welfare when there's an election due, and the press would always pat them on the back. The ALP will need to do the same to win votes, but won't get the pats on the back!

Trajectory is more the problem than current position. Albanese is losing support in a slow-and-steady fashion.

They've got a budget early next year. I think that'll be make-or-break. Patting themselves on the back over surpluses is proven to not be as successful at the polling booth as middle-class or working-class welfare.

But to do that, they'd have to shred their fear of the press who will make a huge song and dance about no matter what the ALP does.

The LNP always went to middle class welfare when there's an election due, and the press would always pat them on the back. The ALP will need to do the same to win votes, but won't get the pats on the back!
There's also improving inflation numbers and likely interest rate cuts.

Of course, there won't be the headlines or media links to the Labor government like there would be if it happened under the Coalition, but it should help stem bleeding.

The theory that 'whites are subconsciously racist, it's not up for debate, we can't help ourselves' is off the charts ITT.
Self Hatred GIF by 5-Second Films

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's also improving inflation numbers and likely interest rate cuts.

Of course, there won't be the headlines or media links to the Labor government like there would be if it happened under the Coalition, but it should help stem bleeding.
If the war in the Middle East escalates, inflation will go back up, based on oil price increases. The reduction in interest rates is not a fait accompli and the Commonwealth Govt could be doing a lot more to soften the blow of the RBA's blunt instrument.

If the war in the Middle East escalates, inflation will go back up, based on oil price increases. The reduction in interest rates is not a fait accompli and the Commonwealth Govt could be doing a lot more to soften the blow of the RBA's blunt instrument.
Oh I know more could be done, it may just impact some voters who swing between the majors and were tempted to switch back quickly.

Oh I know more could be done, it may just impact some voters who swing between the majors and were tempted to switch back quickly.
Increased corporate tax rates matched by reduced income tax rates? Removal of CGT reduction on housing to bring it in line with other assets for CGT?

I think those are all vote-winners which the papers will rally against.

This just suggests a minority Labor government. So not a 1 term government.

You know this.

Errrr, there are still eight months until the election. And the trend is not Albo's friend. Plenty of time for Albo to come up with more negative plays.

So I'm sticking with my prediction of a one term gummint. No sane Aussie thinks the current mob are the best available option.

You know this.

Errrr, there are still eight months until the election. And the trend is not Albo's friend. Plenty of time for Albo to come up with more negative plays.

So I'm sticking with my prediction of a one term gummint. No sane Aussie thinks the current mob are the best available option.

You know this.
What are the Liberal Party policies that will improve the lot of your average Joe?

More accurate to say Albo aims to maintain government so they can get some things done rather than nothing in opposition. Morrison just wanted to maintain status quo and have as many titles as possible.

Morrison truly believe he answered to a higher power ( miracle election) and worked accordingly

His church has such twisted ideals I’m surprised the condemnation of him is as superficial as he is

You know this.
Out of the 2 alternatives with the infrastructure, funding, media attention and inherent support from a majority of the country who won't think about voting 3rd party, then yes they are.

Of course, you're being childish as usual and the comeback would be that I'm not sane. Because your political beliefs are off an over-the-top script of how a parody conservative would discuss things they often don't understand, but where they push on with bravado regardless.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back