Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Runaway housing prices are driven by high demand from immigration, investment in our property market by international /domestic speculators and supply constraints due to over regulation, lack of building resources, tradesmen, and government taxes and charges built in at every stage of the supply chain. Every step of this shit show is directly the fault of government policy and at this point I reckon it has to be deliberate.

Not sure about over regulation when so many ‘dog box apartments’ have been built

And thermal efficiency in housing will go a long way to ease climate issues

Not sure about over regulation when so many ‘dog box apartments’ have been built

And thermal efficiency in housing will go a long way to ease climate issues

And massively increase housing unaffordability, reduce supply, raise house prices and around and around we go again.

The full extent on construction code updates regarding thermal performance aren't yet known/realised in the market yet. So get prepared for things to get ALOT worse.

It was a brilliant idea to try and introduce sweeping changes in this regard at a time of record gaps in housing supply and affordability though.....

It's why I shake my head at those advocating so hard for climate change measures and then in the next thread blowing their top at cost of living and housing affordability. It's not the industry to be hard lining it in at the moment.

They are interrelated at the moment. With the only real solution to these two things being achieved at the same time being massive government intervention (i.e they pay for it all).

Why do material costs and building costs magically increase at the same rate as house prices? Or is it the other way around?

They don't.

They've been outstripping them for years, hence it's come to the point they aren't getting built and you have so many insolvencies with construction companies because they are working within a legal system designed to completely protect the end user (you, mum & dad) in every aspect.

Last edited:
And massively increase housing unaffordability, reduce supply, raise house prices and around and around we go again.

The full extent on construction code updates regarding thermal performance aren't yet known/realised in the market yet. So get prepared for things to get ALOT worse.

It was a brilliant idea to try and introduce sweeping changes in this regard at a time of record gaps in housing supply and affordability though.....

It's why I shake my head at those advocating so hard for climate change measures and then in the next thread blowing their top at cost of living and housing affordability. It's not the industry to be hard lining it in at the moment.

They are interrelated at the moment. With the only real solution to these two things being achieved at the same time being massive government intervention (i.e they pay for it all).

They don't.

They've been outstripping them for years, hence it's come to the point they aren't getting built and you have so many insolvencies with construction companies because they are working within a legal system designed to completely protect the end user (Banks ) in every aspect.

Edited

Remove this Banner Ad

Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back