Any Membership discussions? auto renew is 2nd Nov

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I notified Hawthorn FC today that I was relinquishing my Legends memberships for 2022, converting them to basic memberships so as to retain the right to vote in club AGMs. After 56 years as an adult member (with one year missed when I was overseas and forgot to renew), I have done this in protest against Jeff Kennett and his betrayal of the values of this family club. I know Jeff won't care - and that is precisely the problem - because he does not understand loyalty or honesty. No matter how you dress up this shambles, including accusations against Clarkson's team for 'leaking', the treatment of our champion coach has been shameful.

I notified Hawthorn FC today that I was relinquishing my Legends memberships for 2022, converting them to basic memberships so as to retain the right to vote in club AGMs. After 56 years as an adult member (with one year missed when I was overseas and forgot to renew), I have done this in protest against Jeff Kennett and his betrayal of the values of this family club. I know Jeff won't care - and that is precisely the problem - because he does not understand loyalty or honesty. No matter how you dress up this shambles, including accusations against Clarkson's team for 'leaking', the treatment of our champion coach has been shameful.
what a waste

So you knew your actions have adversely affected the HFC but you did so anyway

That you Jeff?

me too

I sent an email back to the membership dept thanking them for the email & suggested that I was considering downgrading my Kennedy Club membership unless the President resigned - needless to say no response
So at a time when the club is suffering you are going to pull back.
Glad you are not a player.
Now is the time for the members to stand up and help the club.
If you think the President needs to change then do something about it.
If you don't think the president needs to change then support him.
Either way do what you can to support the club

So at a time when the club is suffering you are going to pull back.
Glad you are not a player.
Now is the time for the members to stand up and help the club.
If you think the President needs to change then do something about it.
If you don't think the president needs to change then support him.
Either way do what you can to support the club

How much is the club actually suffering? It pissed $900k away and resigned a weak CEO no one else wanted for a laughably long contract extension and yet despite all this brags about being one of four financially unassisted clubs.

The club needs meaningful change otherwise it risks becoming the Essendon of 2005 to 2012

At what point I wonder, would it be okay with other members to take a stand and give up your membership

Gaborone, a long time member, has made a decision based around his own values and while you may not like it, I think it should be respected not disparaged.

Some posters also need to check their comprehension skills - he is not walking away from the club, but instead making a stand by changing his membership type - judging by the comments in here, there won’t be any shortage of those snatching those memberships up so there will be no impact

Good of the club to send through the confirmation emails for my kids 2021 memberships today (membership packs arrived in Feb)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have dropped from 1st to 6th in 5 years

View attachment 1196414

It’s the clubs lowest position (amongst all clubs) since 2007
The devil is in the detail.

West Coast numbers include people on the waiting list.

Carlton have included membership from their AFLW team.

The final number is a wank fest, the best marker in all of this is revenue from memberships.

The final number is a wank fest, the best marker in all of this is revenue from memberships.

Agreed.

Wtf is going on here?

Brisbane Hawks.png

Is this the Hodge/Birchall/Fagan influence ??

:oops::smile:

I know I know and to have 75,000 plus members during Covid and at our lowest ebb since 1965 speaks volumes for our support base...

Once again it just reinforces there is a big 5 in Victoria and the rest...

Out of interest, why is Reeves seen as a weak CEO? My understanding is that he has showm demonstrable success across multiple roles. Our on-field woes are not his doing.

Against which metric has he been successful?

AD8AD1F2-9E06-4CB4-9F97-237E6AFDFAD1.jpeg

He has bombed on every metric.

Reeves is completely compromised by the leaks, he won’t last the purge if it indeed occurs.

Mick Malthouse said as much on ABC Saturday Grandstand (refer to Lips of Lethal comments)

Instead of showing stupid loyalty Hawthorn’s 77,000 members (in our worst season since 1965) deserves far more...

This in itself says all that needs to be said about Hawthorn.

A drovers dog could run Hawthorn and make a profit - thanks to Ian Dicker Hawthorn along with Collingwood and West Coast can operate in perpetuity independent of AFL assistance
Running it to profit is one thing.

Making enough money to fund a $150m development is another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back