Any Membership discussions? auto renew is 2nd Nov

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running it to profit is one thing.

Making enough money to fund a $150m development is another.

That's a good point, also worth considering the risk / reward for such a large project.

How far behind is our fundraining? Where is the commitment to greater transprency with members over the development?

What is Reeves background and does he have experience with complex building projects or is just a selection of sales and marketing jobs in the AFL cricle?

That's a good point, also worth considering the risk / reward for such a large project.

How far behind is our fundraining? Where is the commitment to greater transprency with members over the development?

What is Reeves background and does he have experience with complex building projects or is just a selection of sales and marketing jobs in the AFL cricle?
Reeves is only one part of this.

Club brought in Vanderloo for this project.

Budget is $150m....we contributed $30m, Kingston Council $5m, Fed Govt. $15m and State Govt "have committed to funding pending AFLW licence", so yet to be formally allocated.

We're about $80m short.

Reeves is only one part of this.

Club brought in Vanderloo for this project.

Budget is $150m....we contributed $30m, Kingston Council $5m, Fed Govt. $15m and State Govt "have committed to funding pending AFLW licence", so yet to be formally allocated.

We're about $80m short.

So how is Reeves performing across the other metrics?

EF4FF471-65AD-4631-8057-5FDC992B4511.jpeg

By all accounts he is outperforming...

Given the last two years are COVID affected, it's a bit rough to rate Reeves on the strategic plan. Also, I don't know the ins and outs of what happened with Clarko, but I'd also be careful factoring that relationship in too much - in the last 5 years Clarko has become very powerful at the Hawks as Fages and others left, and I don't see a CEO trying to rein him in as a bad thing.

The biggest concern I have is that he doesn't seem to have any control over Jeff.

Given the last two years are COVID affected, it's a bit rough to rate Reeves on the strategic plan. Also, I don't know the ins and outs of what happened with Clarko, but I'd also be careful factoring that relationship in too much - in the last 5 years Clarko has become very powerful at the Hawks as Fages and others left, and I don't see a CEO trying to rein him in as a bad thing.

The biggest concern I have is that he doesn't seem to have any control over Jeff.

He was a complete and utter Humphrey b Bear over the Tassie Hawks comments earlier this year.

In fact it was Al Clarkson that spoke against it...

So how is Reeves performing across the other metrics?

View attachment 1197198

By all accounts he is outperforming...

A few thoughts:
- I'm neither here nor there on Reeves. He seems to be doing an ok job, but I don't have proper insights into the day-to-day workings.
- I would be interested to see which of these are assigned to the CEO vs coach vs board.
- C19 has severely effected some initiatives.

My analysis as a starting point.

- Two AFL premierships: Not achieved, but doesn't sit with him. Squarely in Clarko's hands. He took/was given control on list management strategy (hence Wright leaving) and he has failed. He will no longer be at the club in 2022.
- 100,000 members: Not achieved, but giving a pass. C19 has impacted this significantly. I'm willing to give a pass.
- Good governance: Unclear. I don't have enough insights. In my experience, governance is normally the duty of the board, not the CEO. Where the CEO is responsible is internal governance, which we as the public don't see.
- Welfare: Unclear. We seem fairly committed to this re players. Not sure internally - we don't have insights.
- Secure AFLW license: Likely, with a year remaining. My understanding is that this will happen this week.
- Tas: Likely, with a year remaining. My understanding is that discussions are in progress and this will likely be achieved.
- Funding for facility: Achieved, and continuing with a year remaining. We have funding from multiple levels of government secured, with more potentialy on its way if we get the AFLW license.
- Community leaders: Unclear. I don't have insight into the metrics, or insight into the specific activities, but I think we've done an excellent job re indigenous communities, and work in bushfire effected areas.
- Financial independence: Achieved. We are one of very few clubs maintaining financial independence.
- Non business: Unclear. Not sure what is happening in this space, but also giving a pass due to C19 if this hasn't emerged.

Does anyone know what the club / AFL has planned regarding 2022 memberships ?

I just got an email from the club saying that my Credit Card on file has expired, surely they are not planning to auto renew ?

Does anyone know what the club / AFL has planned regarding 2022 memberships ?

I just got an email from the club saying that my Credit Card on file has expired, surely they are not planning to auto renew ?

All the AFL clubs do an auto renew, pretty sure they all run off the same system. Don't quote me on it though.

No probs with the auto renew but would like to know what im getting before I pay

Last years token upgrade to an 11 game membership didnt work out that well given that we werent able to attend a lot of games due to civid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like you actually have to purchase your own members scarf these days! How times have changed..

Lack of commitment to the senior players in the email is interesting too.

Looks like you actually have to purchase your own members scarf these days! How times have changed..

Lack of commitment to the senior players in the email is interesting too.
My pack looks like it comes with a scarf....Kennedy member

I think Mr Rails is right - I’m a gold member and my email says you get a $25 voucher that can be exchanged for a members scar or beanie or any other item. So you have to get the scarf yourself. Pretty savvy way to save money as they’ve obviously done the sums on the number of members who are content to be members but don’t necessarily want the scarf and may not end up using the voucher.

This from Twitter
1633157374843.png

If you auto renew your membership, be mindful that so 2023 you'll automatically be upgraded to the next level with the higher cost. Pretty sneaky from the Club I would have thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back