Any Membership discussions? auto renew is 2nd Nov

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit annoying as an international member. I used to buy stuff from Hawksnest, but then they levied a £40 delivery charge on all items, plus any customs fees.

Now shipping to the UK is not available at all, so I can't buy use my membership to buy a scarf. Pretty sh*t.

I can get things shipped to Hong Kong, but even with the member discount and a reduction on the shipping, the price for one of those grey training shirts landed at AUD$130.

That brings back memories of how the memberships were in the ‘70’s as a kid

A piece of paper/cardboard in a plastic case about credit card size & it got clipped by the gate attendant as you walked in.

You could then pass it out to your mate who’d tell the attendant that he just had to get something from the car.

I received a certificate when I was a 10 year consecutive member
I also received a certificate when I ticked over 20 consecutive years as a member
This coming year I will clock up 30 consecutive years as a paid up member
Hope they still give out the certificate’s :)
I hope they continue the certificates.
2025 will be my 50th consecutive yr if all goes well for me

That brings back memories of how the memberships were in the ‘70’s as a kid

A piece of paper/cardboard in a plastic case about credit card size & it got clipped by the gate attendant as you walked in.

You could then pass it out to your mate who’d tell the attendant that he just had to get something from the car.
Mate try late 90s! Still got my cards from back them wi Dunstall and Crawf on the face with their clips.

You deserve your name carved into something. You're well and truly the fabric of HFC, it should be recognised in a meaningful way!

He/she does deserve it.

But......There are no individuals at Hawthorn.

No carvings, just engravings in cups and club boards.

Probably 50 years should get you into the rooms after a game. .

You deserve your name carved into something. You're well and truly the fabric of HFC, it should be recognised in a meaningful way!
He/she does deserve it.

I have friends who supported Fitzroy, Sth Melbourne, some who are Saints,Dees & Doggies supporters.

I’ve been to most gf’s we’ve played in

This club has given me much more than I’ve given them.

I have friends who supported Fitzroy, Sth Melbourne, some who are Saints,Dees & Doggies supporters.

I’ve been to most gf’s we’ve played in

This club has given me much more than I’ve given them.

Eh, subjective. Without you and others during 1997, we probably would have folded. It's a mutually beneficial relationship. Don't undersell yourself.

He/she does deserve it.

My wife & I did get into the rooms straight after we beat Sydney in 2014 GF
Was an amazing atmosphere mingling with the players, who had no idea who I was but were happy to talk & drink beers. 😜

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eh, subjective. Without you and others during 1997, we probably would have folded. It's a mutually beneficial relationship. Don't undersell yourself.

I think one of the central ideas behind Hawthorn's identity is selflessness. Selflessness is what "family club" is about.

It is something Jeff never understood, with all his talk about representing the members like shareholders.

The most `quid quo pro' you get at Hawthorn is "if you embrace hawthorn then hawthorn will embrace you".

But you are lucky if you get to sacrifice something for the club. That is belonging.

I just got my email to say my membership packs on its way. I paid for renewal as soon as it was available to. (im not on auto pay)
Either someone is working really late in the warehouse on a friday night (11;15) and should knock off or a systems processing a queue....

TBH they need a re-brand next year. The 'hawthorn always' and/ or 'always hawthorn' has more than ran its course.
Yes, I find it very cringe too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back