Australia vs India - ICC World Cup 2015 Semi Final 2 @ SCG 2:30pm 26/03/15

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reading through this thread there must be so many gun cricket players on here, people do realize that its not that easy to come in straight away and just smack them from the start, it can work sometime like Johnson and other times u can struggle to time it or hit 1 straight in the air. Thats why its always good to have a set batsmen in towards the end but thats not always easy to do.

I wouldn't have. We could be near 380 if not for that middle order collapse

True but it at least makes sure that India have to play well to win this. And with the pressure of a semi final, all it takes is a couple of early wickets to swing the game dramatically in our favour. That's the positive about batting first: The Runs are already on the board and they can't be taken off

Reckon this is about par.

Regular wickets the key to stop batsmen getting a feel for the pitch.

Reckon Starc bowls 2 overs to start with and if it doesn't swing - get him out and save up his overs late for when it starts reverse hooping.

The bloke I'd like to bowl a number of overs is Clarke himself - perfect sort of wicket for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only 1 team in the world can chase that. It was always going to be tough chasing on this batsman-friendly pitch, but we have the firepower to do it, just need to see off the early overs from Starc.

Pretty much. Watson pfaffing around for his first 10 to 15 balls, thinking more about himself than the team, cost us.

Watson was fine, Clarke was beyond silly even batting ahead of Haddin for one

Johnson shows Clarke and watto how to bat in the final 10. Sadly I don't think we have enough.

Pitch is a bit two paced, seems to jump off a length (just short of a good length). Hazelwood will love these conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back