Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton & the Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

It doesn't have to be much. See Logue.
View attachment 1652960

He's gone to bump after the kick and hit him in the head. At a minimum it is 1 week.
Interesting to see how “intent” comes into it
I don’t recall Logue with two forearms up

The Stevo “too many steps” decision triggered the Carlton goal rush in the third.

Funnily enough, following the game, Jonathan Brown said it was another "harsh decision" against us that triggered the goal rush; the holding the ball against Cunners. He didn't fend off. He just didn't stand still when tackled like everyone else does. How that changes the end result is beyond me. It was still no prior opportunity and he was making an attempt to dispose of it.

I was at the game & lost count but can someone tell me how many goals Carltank got from frees tonight?

Two positive observations from my seats:
1. We seem to be more confident to take on a tackler or stand up and take contact
2. We seem more composed to find an outlet when that happens.

I don’t remember us doing this in recent years. Even Bailey took contact at least on one occasion and instead of being mopped he found an outlet.

We’re building.

There’s more upside tonight than Easter 2022 and that Clown masquerading as a Coach.

Its Happening GIF by MOODMAN

I’m on the train home, and I’m thinking that that was a great game.

Let’s get the obvious out of the way. Umpiring in the third was horrendous, but also their midfield got on top in the second half. My read is we still would have lost, because let’s not forget that we kicked a lot of junk time goals at the end there.

BUT. First half, first class. That’s the type of tough footy we want to see. We just couldn’t maintain it. But we will. In a year, we’ll possibly win that game. In two years we definitely will.

I described it to my mate as a real ‘almost’ game.
  • We missed some gettable shots.
  • Bad umpiring decisions were all shots at goal, that they kicked (13.3 from set shots)
  • There were at least four inexperienced cough ups that led to goals.
  • We had 29 scoring shots, two more than they did. Remember last year. I think there were games when we had 30 something inside 50s!
The forward line wasn’t great, but that is literally the last part of the system to come online. The game itself wasn’t very open or free flowing, which made it hard for both teams in the first half and non-umpire assisted teams in the second to hit up forwards. We could do with Comben developing into a strong contested mark, because Larkey probably isn’t going to be that. Without one of each we risk being too easy to defend against.

But overall, I’m happy. Brisbane don’t play well away. Be good to see how we match up against them.
On my way home to Gisborne on the train. We did well. Just need a little bit more composure and we're on our way back. It's not going to be Easy for any club to beat us.
Well done boys.

Funnily enough, following the game, Jonathan Brown said it was another "harsh decision" against us that triggered the goal rush; the holding the ball against Cunners. He didn't fend off. He just didn't stand still when tackled like everyone else does. How that changes the end result is beyond me. It was still no prior opportunity and he was making an attempt to dispose of it.
Both decisions were total pox

If McKay doesn't get a week then I'll be pissed off.

Late, high contact, intentional, medium impact (automatic).

He sniped our guy Sheezel.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You know Sheez will get a week for that, come on.

Don't sit there and pretend the AFL is going to be consistent

Some questionable corrupt decisions in second and our poor kicking for goal hurt today , but it all started at the tribunal with that bullshit suspension. My curse worked in reverse but I won the bet . Put $50 on hoping to lose but was possibility that we could have won and I won the bet early in 3rd . We missed a lot of gettable snaps at goal today, was proud we fought it out and had about 30 scoring shots . Definitely improving.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm actually impressed with the outcome. No key backs and getting railed in the third by the Carlton mids (and the umpires), the team have largely kept pace.
Nothing from recognised forwards didn't help either.
Lots to work with though.
Cheers to all the BF peeps that said hi.

Lack of height in defence really hurt.

As my girlfriend would say, sometimes size does matter…

Yep. Bonar and Corr gave away a few goals from being undersized.

Didnt think our delivery forward was great. While Chom has missed a few the past few weeks he'd normally take it looks like he's getting too far under many of them. While his stats arent that great he's clearly important structure wise wise and his work rate is first class.

There is no room. Our forward 50 shares density with Shibuya. Every time we get it between 60-90 out, everybody runs to the goal square. It is bizarre may like most teams who try and spread defences. There is a reason opposition players rack up the marks despite Charlie almost never being beaten in a pack situation.

We would be better kicking along the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

My biggest disappointment so far is that Clarko's reputation for getting rid of players that can't kick has not been justified.

'Jam Tin' Turner still getting a game, and Clarko actually brought Howe in himself.

Assuming Goater got dropped for some poor kicks last week, so where to for the 'barn-door' boys?

Silvagni and Motlop celebrating like flogs when 6-7 goals up in the last.

Our boys cracked in hard around the ground and had some physical presence, Carlton weren’t enjoying the contested footy. On the flip side, our defending when we don’t have the ball at time isn’t up to standard.

F50 entries still a huge issue, every team knows we just kick it on our talls heads. The amount of times McKay and Curnow had genuine one on ones with space around them is what we should be striving for. We are murdering our talls with entry.

**** I hate Carlton supporters.

Umpiring was disgraceful, but at the end of the day we lost the game through execution of skills and being undersized down back.

At the end of the day it’s just a game of footy and the club did a fantastic job today for the Good Friday Appeal and the Royal Children’s. Bigger picture I’m bloody proud of the club for the work that’s been done off the field to really help the community. A lot is right off the field and you can see the improvement on the field.

We all have dodgy fans don’t we :).

Apologies if anyone showed disrespect.

We love our club and have been terrible for a long time.

Now it’s turning we still need to be good humans.
It's not turning. You're still very average. Now go away.

Thank you. I wish you’d been sitting near me instead of the Carlton fans who were.
The lady behind hsquid and I was belting out commentary that rivalled JB, Ling, BT and Jobe Watson from siren to siren. I know that the footy is a good place to yell out a bit of rubbish but she was pretty annoying.

Less that is said about the umpiring, the better. Same with a few Carlton supporters. Made it about them on a day meant for the children.

Disagree with the less said the better sentiment.

We need a lowlight package of the seven questionable umpiring decisions that resulted in Carlton goals. It needs to be spread far and wide on social media and drawn to the attention of as many decent football journalists and people as possible. They need to pressure on the AFL to acknowledge that the umpiring standard was unacceptable today.

There is no room. Our forward 50 shares density with Shibuya. Every time we get it between 60-90 out, everybody runs to the goal square. It is bizarre may like most teams who try and spread defences. There is a reason opposition players rack up the marks despite Charlie almost never being beaten in a pack situation.

We would be better kicking along the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Carlton showed us how to play the two talls in the second half. Seemed they were rotating one from the goal square the other further up the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton & the Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back