Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton & the Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahh but it is isn’t it :)

Have a great season.
It's not and we will. Seriously, I have no idea why you're here but you're adding nothing of value.

Cunners looked a step off today. With Larks struggling we should have tried a small forward line with Cunners at FF. There would have been more movement creating space for starters.

Bit of luck with injuries and the tribunal and we would be 4-0 and clear top of the ladder. Small margins. The gulf between being lauded and shamed is minuscule. As for the umpires the less said the better. Carlton will have to hope they keep getting them get the line.

Given where we are at we can’t be too disappointed with the outcome. Easily could have won either by kicking straight, or if the umpiring had been applied consistently both ways. I really enjoyed that we kept the pressure up in the last quarter this easily could have been a 100 point flogging. When we have key defenders back and Larkey playing uninjured then we will start winning games.

Silvagni and Motlop celebrating like flogs when 6-7 goals up in the last.

Our boys cracked in hard around the ground and had some physical presence, Carlton weren’t enjoying the contested footy. On the flip side, our defending when we don’t have the ball at time isn’t up to standard.

F50 entries still a huge issue, every team knows we just kick it on our talls heads. The amount of times McKay and Curnow had genuine one on ones with space around them is what we should be striving for. We are murdering our talls with entry.

**** I hate Carlton supporters.

Umpiring was disgraceful, but at the end of the day we lost the game through execution of skills and being undersized down back.

At the end of the day it’s just a game of footy and the club did a fantastic job today for the Good Friday Appeal and the Royal Children’s. Bigger picture I’m bloody proud of the club for the work that’s been done off the field to really help the community. A lot is right off the field and you can see the improvement on the field.
The question with SoS Jnr is will time run out before he sees a Premiership?

And that’s Daniel Motlops son. Wow, just wow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funnily enough, following the game, Jonathan Brown said it was another "harsh decision" against us that triggered the goal rush; the holding the ball against Cunners. He didn't fend off. He just didn't stand still when tackled like everyone else does. How that changes the end result is beyond me. It was still no prior opportunity and he was making an attempt to dispose of it.

After they literally didn't pay holding the ball for an entire half.

Larkey and the club's decision for him to stay out on the ground when he could barely move was absolutely dumbfounding

We had all the momentum around the ball but we basically had 17 men on the ground. He couldn't compete and then would just grab his hip. He was not bringing the ball to ground. He was a liability out there.

Observations:

- umps killed the game when it was neck & neck; you can’t put a price on momentum or indeed the deliberate arresting of it to favour another team
(this is the only game in the world where officials are so noticeable - are they all this bad or is this a contrived sport?)

- we kick straight, we overcome the Blues and the umpires

- could’ve been a blowout but wasn’t, we fought until the end unlike the past few years, the score looked respectable

- should’ve subbed Larks off for Greenwood, in fact Hugh should’ve started

- all of this without big defenders, Carlton is probably the team we needed them most for

- biggest crowd at marvel since ‘13, biggest between us and Carlton since ‘99 GF

I almost feel good about this loss. Almost. I feel like we should’ve won. Our kicking bothered me today but not as much as the umps and I don’t mean to feel this way but I feel like we’re purposely umpired out of the game because we’re a smaller club and the establishment don’t want us to succeed.
Today was either complete incompetence or contrived. And I can’t believe 4 “professionals” can be so consistently bad, so it’s the latter. We’re up against it. I’m f’n sick of it.

Oh well.

Oh.. and, most of all:

- Sonja 💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍
I think they should go back to 2 umpires. Half the ground each.. they’ve over complicated our great game

It would be nice to have a bit of our own slingshot happening
Almost impossible when the backline is so undersized and have to play extremely tight to hold the talls. We did well and a couple of Cam Zurhaar straight kicks and a couple less gifts to Curnow and it would have been line ball. Good game all things considered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton & the Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back