Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton & the Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

We're gonna be a really tough beat this season at Etihad if we can keep today's side and add Logue and McKay.

Simpkin and LDU are a level above at times around the clearances with their creativity and evasiveness.

Rapt with how far we've come in so little time

Last edited:

Clearly didn't even see that second bounce - which is just an embarrassingly bad call. Should be a droppable stuff up, 100% not the kind of decision to ever be made the wrong way. I'd rather they are never paid than this.

We just don't have depth to cover losses atm, just can't go against a side with McKay and Curnow atm without our McKay and Logue, I am actually pleasantly surprised how the game panned out after Logue got done at the tribunal. With Larkey getting hurt in the first quarter he really didn't give us anything, should have subbed him out for Greenwood and push Comben to FF. Comben wasn't really giving us anything at half forward. We really need to get an A grade FF in the draft this year.

We had more clearances, more inside 50s, more CPs, more UPs, what we don't do is have a good connection either between the defenders and mids and between the mids and the forwards, we had long periods of ball and stoppage dominance and we just couldn't hit enough targets to turn it into goals.

But, a lot of positives, baby steps, we have come a long way from back to back spoons. We still need a lot of work, but we can all see the players that are showing signs that will make it and those that are busting their arse but don't show a lot of upside, there are no quick fixes, we need to keep adding quality to our list.

serious?
I thought he was one of our best. Really stood up and put his body on the line… not sure what more you would want from him today.
I thought McDonald was very good today and so was Ziebell. They weren’t perfect but the good stuff they did massively outweighed the bad.

Simpkin stood up as well. All in all it was a fairly good day for the leaders at the club I reckon.

I rarely post here but some of these takes are absolutely insane having digs at our guys.
On another day with a better rub of the green and an undecimated backline we win that game.

GOOD
Phillips: Efficient as and did heaps of nice things. Lock him in the side.
McDonald: So good today, won a lot of crucial 1v1s and out of position contests. Why the hate from OP?
Tucker: Ball drop gives me anxiety but looked fantastic.
Ziebell: No longer a liability in defence. Didn't put a foot wrong besides the 50m penalty. Having a great season
Defence in general: We look so organised, even with the lack of personell. Great to see

BAD
Howe: Full blown liability, we don't need to see him again.
Taylor: Egregious errors
Curtis: Same as above

Legit happy on the way home with the result. Last year that would have blown out to a 60pt loss. We are building v nicely

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Took it up to a top 4 team with one effective kpd and 1.5 kpfs. We will get there.
I mean technically yes, but 4 games in they have a lot more to show they are a top 4 team. I saw nothing today that makes me worried about facing them again - whether in a week or a year.

Thrilled at half time, hopeful at the final siren for where we are heading.

We know this is not the team that gets us to finals and a flag. We have two talented players in the wings, probably two top ten draft picks & considerable improvement in our first to third year players.

All of this with an elite coaching group & rolled gold administration.

Good Friday will be Great Friday soon enough.

I rarely post here but some of these takes are absolutely insane having digs at our guys.
On another day with a better rub of the green and an undecimated backline we win that game.

GOOD
Phillips: Efficient as and did heaps of nice things. Lock him in the side.
McDonald: So good today, won a lot of crucial 1v1s and out of position contests. Why the hate from OP?
Tucker: Ball drop gives me anxiety but looked fantastic.
Ziebell: No longer a liability in defence. Didn't put a foot wrong besides the 50m penalty. Having a great season
Defence in general: We look so organised, even with the lack of personell. Great to see

BAD
Howe: Full blown liability, we don't need to see him again.
Taylor: Egregious errors
Curtis: Same as above

Legit happy on the way home with the result. Last year that would have blown out to a 60pt loss. We are building v nicely
And yet here you are doing the same.

Thrilled at half time, hopeful at the final siren for where we are heading.

We know this is not the team that gets us to finals and a flag. We have two talented players in the wings, probably two top ten draft picks & considerable improvement in our first to third year players.

All of this with an elite coaching group & rolled gold administration.

Good Friday will be Great Friday soon enough.
This year is the year, our last real good chance to tear open the draft with good picks before high draft picks will (hopefully) become a bit harder for us to stockpile. We need to really make the most of these, especially if Port fall in a heap and give us a massive gift.

You didn’t think that was actually a 50 though did you?

Definitely a free kick, but the infringement was in the contest IMHO.

THIS! At the game I said to my mate I don’t mind the umpiring as long as it’s consistent for both teams and half way through the third quit asked - why are they paying htb now and only to the blues 🤪
I commented on it in Q2. First HTB was late in the second.

So apart from the umpiring....

Carlton kicked 3 soft 'out the back' goals; we had 4 blokes kick at goals from outside their range resulting in 4 rushed behinds.

We fought it out to the end, another great sign.
Our entries were too deep all game. They were just easily able to punch thru the rushed behinds.

You didn’t think that was actually a 50 though did you?

Definitely a free kick, but the infringement was in the contest IMHO.
If that's a 50m penalty then McDonald was robbed of two of them when he took marks and was paid a free kick afterwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton & the Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back