Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton & the Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Our entries were too deep all game. They were just easily able to punch thru the rushed behinds.
This is definitely true.

But it was worse in the second half because our energy dropped off. When we were up and buzzing, their D wasn’t set and we found a few targets.

Second half, 👆👆👆👆👆👆👆

People were potting LDU 18 months ago too. Ignore it, trust his talent.

This. Two bouts of glandular is like an aerobic ACL. Second half of the year, watch him start getting to his spots two steps earlier.

2 key pillars down.
Some crap turnovers
Some crap goalkicking
Some crap umpiring.

Some more real positives.
Still plenty to work on.

And we pushed them all the way.
While we are at the top they will hopefully be heading back to another 20 years of hiding in their holes.

They didnt show me much to be honest.

Get ****ed umpires. Sucked the absolute life out of us in the 3rd.

Can't recall a game like that for a while where they stripped momentum from one team and gave it to another with repeated frees.
Not to mention a stack they didn’t pay to us. Been a long while since I could honestly say that result could have gone either way but for the umpiring.

We just don't have depth to cover losses atm, just can't go against a side with McKay and Curnow atm without our McKay and Logue, I am actually pleasantly surprised how the game panned out after Logue got done at the tribunal. With Larkey getting hurt in the first quarter he really didn't give us anything, should have subbed him out for Greenwood and push Comben to FF. Comben wasn't really giving us anything at half forward. We really need to get an A grade FF in the draft this year.

We had more clearances, more inside 50s, more CPs, more UPs, what we don't do is have a good connection either between the defenders and mids and between the mids and the forwards, we had long periods of ball and stoppage dominance and we just couldn't hit enough targets to turn it into goals.

But, a lot of positives, baby steps, we have come a long way from back to back spoons. We still need a lot of work, but we can all see the players that are showing signs that will make it and those that are busting their arse but don't show a lot of upside, there are no quick fixes, we need to keep adding quality to our list.
Otoh what would the blues have done with no McKay and Curnow? Lose half your spine and it’s a struggle no matter who you are and who you’re playing

2 key pillars down.
Some crap turnovers
Some crap goalkicking
Some crap umpiring.

Some more real positives.
Still plenty to work on.

And we pushed them all the way.
While we are at the top they will hopefully be heading back to another 20 years of hiding in their holes.

They didnt show me much to be honest.
And, we got Darcy Tucker :cool:

Screenshot_20230407-210102~2.png
The Kid Mero Wow GIF by Desus & Mero

I just loved the intensity from r1 and 2. Not too sure why they’re not bringing it with better conditions. Again no one was expecting a win but that drop off is ridiculous. I would have expected more of a lift from these two to the players

Also LDU is still injured IMO.
Opted to handball so many times instead of the patented drilling kick i50. Maybe was a directive from the staff where possible to do that idk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also LDU is still injured IMO.
Opted to handball so many times instead of the patented drilling kick i50. Maybe was a directive from the staff where possible to do that idk
It's just how he plays. He hit a longish flat pass in the last that missed the target. Reckon he was maybe half a yard off his normal pace, but think he likes the handball.

Other than one bad kick into 50, I didn't think that Howe was too bad this week

duck and cover documentary GIF by Kino Lorber
Agree, not terrible but probably the first omitted next week.

I felt sorry for Bonar today. It really wasn’t fair. The Stevo “too many steps” decision triggered the Carlton goal rush in the third. However, Bonar’s pressuring of McKay, to cause him to kick OOF from the goal square, was the trigger that resulted in us being happy in the end. If McKay kicks that, we lose by 10 goals. He deserves our gratitude.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Considering Bon and Corr were playing on Coleman medallists and arguably the two best key forwards in the game, they were fantastic tonight.

I just loved the intensity from r1 and 2. Not too sure why they’re not bringing it with better conditions. Again no one was expecting a win but that drop off is ridiculous. I would have expected more of a lift from these two to the players

We had it, then we dropped off. Do you not remember how we dropped off late in R1 and R2 as well?

It’ll come. We’re four rounds in. It’ll come. Once we can bring it North style for four quarters, with our midfield we’ll be able to match it with anyone.

I hate saying about the umpiring, but that def had an influence in the 3rd.

There were many missed holding the balls against them throughout the day also.

The last game i can remember with that bad umpiring was the Dean Margett's/Zurhaar deliberate out of bounds game against Collingwood in 2021.

Obviously we weren't great for large passages of the game, but we looked pretty good in others. Being up at half time in a fixture where we got absolutely embarrassed last year felt like some kind of small victory. I reckon if Griffin Logue had played and the umpiring was something resembling fair, would've been close.

I mean technically yes, but 4 games in they have a lot more to show they are a top 4 team. I saw nothing today that makes me worried about facing them again - whether in a week or a year.
I'd be very nervous as a Carlton supporter. They're not much chop - almost lost to GWS, dual wooden spoon era pushed them, beat a very poor Geelong and drew with the Tigs. Hardly top-four form so far...

The only other negative I have to put up is that they smoked us around the centre bounces for 15 minutes there in the third term and goldy was a liability there.

He’s a champion, but we’ve seen him get manhandled a few times this year. It’s a worry
Goldy is a legend & will earn deserved plaudits when he reaches his 300 game milestone in a few weeks.

He will also not be our ruck when we are genuine contenders.

The only other negative I have to put up is that they smoked us around the centre bounces for 15 minutes there in the third term and goldy was a liability there.

He’s a champion, but we’ve seen him get manhandled a few times this year. It’s a worry
Well, losing a key player to a long-term injury can be costly for a club, and X is a key player for us. Was absolutely killing WCE before he went down, hurts to think about what this season could've been for him. Have to remember that this coaching panel considers Goldy the depth ruckman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton & the Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back